Channelknight Fadran

6 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest pulled himself up, and spread his arms in excitement at the script circle.

"This will be so helpful, now we now that these runes manage light and will be referenced somewhere in the text." Quest glanced up to Antin. "Your magic is truly incredible."

"I... thanks? So what do I do?"

On 11/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"Whoa!" Anikel declared, slowing his horse to a halt.

Annimus manages to croak out a word in the common tongue. And with a burr he yelps, "help!" Before collapsing back to the ground.

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

On 11/14/2022 at 7:31 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron suppressed a blush, instead awkwardly walking over. "Alright," They said, "Walk me through it."

Yerik felt a twinge of something.

19 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako slid into the first stretch, exaggerating the motions for Hyron. She beckoned for Yerik to try it again.

@CalanoCorvus@xinoehp512

Quest was sitting on the ground, papers sprawled out around him. His cloak, staff and bag were left in a pile to the side, revealing his arms, covered in red and green tattoos. He was leaned forwards towards the wall, scribbling on more pieces of paper when Antin walked in. 

"Oh, umm, hello Antin." Quest said, realizing he had a visitor. A small smile bloomed on his face. "Would you be willing to help me with, umm, wonderful jumble of notes." He stood up, displacing several of his papers. Quest should really get those organized. "Right now, I'm trying to decode the runes here. They are of arcane nature but I feel like I have some semblance of progress."

Growing animated Quest continued. "If we could read the runes we could understand the workings of the mansion. Imagine what we could do!"

@The Aspiring Archivist

Yerik felt the twinge grow stronger. Was that.. annoyance?

7 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron clumsily attempted the stretch, sliding into the motions. They tried to envision a tree, a sapling, slowly growing from the ground.

Slowly strengthening itself, bit by bit. Hyron looked at Miyako, expecting feedback.. or something.

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako gave no such feedback, she was back into the motion of the cycle. Her eyes were closed as she slid through the motions.

Yerik suppressed a smile.

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron frowned, then glared at Miyako. They then decided to copy what Miyako was doing.

Clumsily, they did so, not-so-fluidly going through the motions. There were a couple instances where Hyron had to fire a stabilizing vine to prevent themselves from falling over, purely so Miyako could continue their stretches without interference.

Yerik had to bite down on his tongue to avoid smirking 

48 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

As Antin touched one of the glowing runes, it dimmed causing the rest of the line to flicker and grow weaker.

As Antin placed his hand on the script, the line went out, losing all of it's glow. 

As there had been in every room, the wall here had a glowing red torch that was set into a torch scone. As Antin disrupted the circle the torch was snuffed out, leaving the room set in darkness, except for a few glowing runes scattered across the room.

Quest jumped back in shock, tripping over his papers. "Fascinating", he thought, "this will be so helpful."

"Wow. Umm, Antin? Could you please turn on the lights?"

A shipwreck sounds like a great idea.:ph34r:

All of a sudden, Yerik's magic cut out. The rocking of the ship hit him abruptly, causing him to falter in his step.

Just as abruptly, a shock ran through the ship, knocking him sideways into a wall, and the ship's motions ceased.

35 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Annimus manages to croak out a word in the common tongue. And with a burr he yelps, "help!" Before collapsing back to the ground.

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

Terakor dropped to the ground, examining the man for injuries.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, justice_magician said:

Whist sat down next to Nayka in the inn's main room. It served both as a lobby and a dining room. A staircase on the far left wall led to an upstairs, which was probably where the rooms were. The back wall had a bar/kitchen area, separated from the rest of the room with a counter. The remaining floor space was filled with large round tables and benches.  It was mostly empty--probably due to the early hour, and the innkeeper washing dishes behind the counter didn't seem to have noticed them. 

The sun started to rise through the large front windows. Whist had always loved sunrises, but being a Star mage made the experience even better. She felt the suns energy rush through her like a cool wave, and she relaxed. She got the sense that everything would be okay, despite her foolish mistakes. Whist felt a little old to have acted so naively, but she had led a more sheltered life. Hopefully this trip would give her the wisdom and experience she obviously lacked.

Pushing the energy within her towards her head, she started to feel it heal. The throbbing dissipated and the room came into focus. She even felt the scrape on her head close. 

Energized and refreshed she moved over to Fiadh, and started healing her legs. She'd do the officer next.

Fiadh gaped for a few seconds. "What are you doing?"

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm I know that  you've mentioned possibly jumping back in. If you still wanted to do that you could have Lyras run into the group at the inn.

6 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh gaped for a few seconds. "What are you doing?"

@The Bookwyrm

"Just healing the scrapes, it won't hurt I promise," Whist said. 

She unraveled the now bloodied bandages and gently touched an area of Fiadh's shin that wasn't scraped. She reached out to the sun, drawing from its well of power, and then pushing it through herself and into Fiadh. Everything seemed so much easier now that her head was healed. Slowly the scrapes on Fiadh's leg closed completely. Her skin was noticeably warmer than before, but no where near burning. Whist did the same on her other leg.

1 minute ago, justice_magician said:

"Just healing the scrapes, it won't hurt I promise," Whist said. 

She unraveled the now bloodied bandages and gently touched an area of Fiadh's shin that wasn't scraped. She reached out to the sun, drawing from its well of power, and then pushing it through herself and into Fiadh. Everything seemed so much easier now that her head was healed. Slowly the scrapes on Fiadh's leg closed completely. Her skin was noticeably warmer than before, but no where near burning. Whist did the same on her other leg.

Fiadh looked down at her legs in shock. How had Whist done that? For the first time in a while Fiadh wanted to know more. She was curios and not because she wanted to steal something. She wanted to learn. She wanted to ask a whole bunch of questions.

Of course, she immediately pushed down her curiosity. Curiosity rarely ended well. And she needed to focus on getting this all sorted out and the booking it. Fiadh would need more stolen things to trade for food if she wanted to eat. Lots more than the bracelet that was in her pocket. That would only get her a little food. And there were a lot of people here who might recognize her later. Fiadh looked around frowning, she was checking one more time for any really familiar faces.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik felt a twinge of something.

Yerik felt the twinge grow stronger. Was that.. annoyance?

Yerik suppressed a smile.

Yerik had to bite down on his tongue to avoid smirking 

All of a sudden, Yerik's magic cut out. The rocking of the ship hit him abruptly, causing him to falter in his step.

Just as abruptly, a shock ran through the ship, knocking him sideways into a wall, and the ship's motions ceased.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The ship," said Yerik. "It's stopped moving."

This is going to be horrendously awesome. I'm so glad Miyako is terrible at recognizing her emotions and dealing with them :P. Where do you guys want to be shipwrecked?

Miyako stumbled as the ship shuddered, a creaking echoing throughout the wood. She didn't take time to listen as the others talked, Miyako leaped up and and ran to the door. She flung it open, ignoring the downpour. She looked out upon the --------

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I... thanks? So what do I do?"

Quest reached down pulling up a handful of paper. He held it out to Antin, "If you would be so kind as to figure out what each script circles function is I could work much faster figuring out the language. I know that is a lot of work, but would you be willing to help?" Quest asked, pushing up his glasses.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako stumbled as the ship shuddered, a creaking echoing throughout the wood. She didn't take time to listen as the others talked, Miyako leaped up and and ran to the door. She flung it open, ignoring the downpour. She looked out upon the --------

Quest reached down pulling up a handful of paper. He held it out to Antin, "If you would be so kind as to figure out what each script circles function is I could work much faster figuring out the language. I know that is a lot of work, but would you be willing to help?" Quest asked, pushing up his glasses.

"Sure!" Antin walked over and placed his hand on another rune.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Hyron followed, opened their mouth to apologize, then closed it, wondering why they were about to apologize.

Their mouth dropped when they saw the deck, and the downpour.

@xinoehp512

yes i suggest you fill it in for us

9 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron followed, opened their mouth to apologize, then closed it, wondering why they were about to apologize.

Their mouth dropped when they saw the deck, and the downpour.

@xinoehp512

Miyako turned to Hyron and looked out across the wide expanse. Miyako was breathless looking across the landscape of wonder. 

The ship was stuck up against a craggy outreach of rock, jutting out of the water. The beach, if you could call it that, was a mess of jagged rocks, stony hands reaching up out of the land.

Beyond that the landscape was a mess. A tangle of putrid marshes, overflowing with the rain and hard cliffs and canyons jutting out the swamp. The land was wild and untamed, and the effect was furthered by the cascading rivers of waters falling down cliffs and into marshes, washing out towards the ocean. It was a swath of dark greens, dirty browns and hard grays. Salty spray and rotting decay. 

The contrast making the picture vivid. Making it beautiful.

But by far the most striking part of the whole scene was the floating islands. Chained to the land, plots of swamp and stone drifted above the land, shadowing the already gloomy landscape. The islands had thick, black chains wrapped around them or seemly reaching into the core. They let of streams of water, the downpour in the downpour that further mudding the swamp.

"Tides" Miyako whispered.

Don't tell me to fill something in without expecting me to go overboard.

42 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Sure!" Antin walked over and placed his hand on another rune.

Ok awesome. I assume Antin and Quest have an awesome time being scholars and such. Bonding and all that. One key note, these runes also power the witch's defenses, portals and secrets better left forgotten. If you want something to go wrong and make this more interesting, messing with the runes will certainly have that effect.

i was talking to xino but this works :D

Hyron opened their mouth to say "Stalks" right as Miyako said "Tides." Instead, they said, "Yeah. Tides."

They then immediately launched themselves off the ship and onto an island with a vine. They shouted for joy, sitting down. "Ground!" They turned back to Miyako, grinning like a fool.

Then they blushed. "Sorry," they shouted, "I missed the ground." As if they were returning to an old lover, they reached out and caressed the ground.

@Mr. Misting 

Edited by CalanoCorvus

37 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Ok awesome. I assume Antin and Quest have an awesome time being scholars and such. Bonding and all that. One key note, these runes also power the witch's defenses, portals and secrets better left forgotten. If you want something to go wrong and make this more interesting, messing with the runes will certainly have that effect.

Quest might notice that as their experimentation goes on, the black and white contrast of Antin's skin, eyes, etc. gets increasingly intense, which he wouldn't have thought possible initially.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:45 AM, justice_magician said:

Whist sat down next to Nayka in the inn's main room. It served both as a lobby and a dining room. A staircase on the far left wall led to an upstairs, which was probably where the rooms were. The back wall had a bar/kitchen area, separated from the rest of the room with a counter. The remaining floor space was filled with large round tables and benches.  It was mostly empty--probably due to the early hour, and the innkeeper washing dishes behind the counter didn't seem to have noticed them. 

The sun started to rise through the large front windows. Whist had always loved sunrises, but being a Star mage made the experience even better. She felt the suns energy rush through her like a cool wave, and she relaxed. She got the sense that everything would be okay, despite her foolish mistakes. Whist felt a little old to have acted so naively, but she had led a more sheltered life. Hopefully this trip would give her the wisdom and experience she obviously lacked.

Pushing the energy within her towards her head, she started to feel it heal. The throbbing dissipated and the room came into focus. She even felt the scrape on her head close. 

Energized and refreshed she moved over to Fiadh, and started healing her legs. She'd do the officer next.

I think healing the memory would add some more intrigue, but whether it will happen depends on Whist’s magic.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm." Vance crossed his arms. "On second thought, you stay here with Quest. Kealie, you're coming with me instead."

@The Halcyon Girl

On 11/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance watched him walk off, tapping his wrist with his arms crossed. He'd been hoping to figure out what kind of person this Antin was himself, but figured that of all other people here, Quest could probably get a good read on him. Besides: the two of them would probably be more useful towards all these curses and such than the likes of Kealie.

He grabbed a pair of bows and two quivers of arrows, giving one set to the crazy vine lady. "Let's get skedoodin'."

@The Halcyon Girl

“I don’t need arrows. I have my morningknife.” She patted it. “Also, why do I want to come with you again? Also where are we going and what are we fighting?“

4 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh looked down at her legs in shock. How had Whist done that? For the first time in a while Fiadh wanted to know more. She was curios and not because she wanted to steal something. She wanted to learn. She wanted to ask a whole bunch of questions.

Of course, she immediately pushed down her curiosity. Curiosity rarely ended well. And she needed to focus on getting this all sorted out and the booking it. Fiadh would need more stolen things to trade for food if she wanted to eat. Lots more than the bracelet that was in her pocket. That would only get her a little food. And there were a lot of people here who might recognize her later. Fiadh looked around frowning, she was checking one more time for any really familiar faces.

Nayka wandered over. “Cool, how’d you do that?”

30 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I don’t need arrows. I have my morningknife.” She patted it. “Also, why do I want to come with you again? Also where are we going and what are we fighting?“

"We're going outside and we're fighting normal deer." Vance handed her the weapons anyways. "Try not to let your crazy bunny powers transform them into mutant zombie dragons, okay?"

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're going outside and we're fighting normal deer." Vance handed her the weapons anyways. "Try not to let your crazy bunny powers transform them into mutant zombie dragons, okay?"

Kealie set them down. “One, they are not crazy bunny powers. It’s called Ocumeritation. Also, that was a fluke. Living things don’t change except in very specific circumstances. Third, I KNOW I’m not very useful or threatening in any way, but I would prefer to critique my OWN abilities, thanks.” She paused. “Also, deer are boring.”

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Boring is better than hungry."

Kealie folded her arms. “Yes, yes it is. But why exactly do you want me to come? If you want me to get a deer, I don’t need a chaperone. If you want me out of their way so I don’t kill any more runes, you can just tell me. So why are you coming?” Pure curiosity here, no hostility 

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie folded her arms. “Yes, yes it is. But why exactly do you want me to come? If you want me to get a deer, I don’t need a chaperone. If you want me out of their way so I don’t kill any more runes, you can just tell me. So why are you coming?” Pure curiosity here, no hostility 

"If we're in the part of the woods where creepy witch ladies build cursed devil mansions, then it is absolutely not a good idea to go anywhere alone."

That and I'd like to figure out how your damn powers work already.