Channelknight Fadran

On 12/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Come on with me." Vance took her outside: hopefully far enough away for them to not mess with the incredibly magic-impregnated mansion.

The forest was dewdropped from a morning rain, glistening in the morning sun. Trees spread out for miles in every direction, surrounding them and their hilltop death mansion. They were set up in a clearing of sorts, a tarp staked above a fire pit for cooking and the places where they used to keep the bedrolls. Ever since Quest had cleared the lobby they'd moved to the indoors, but the temporary shelter remained for now.

He took Kealie beyond it and down the hill a ways, finding a spot about as clear of roots and rocks as was possible in these woods. "Alrighty. Take this whole place in: everything around you. Make sure you get a clear layout of it in your mind."

She nodded, memorizing the trees and ridges in the ground as well as she could. “Kay…”

11 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"What." 

“Some traveling wealthy people. It was just a trinket to them. But it fed me for a month.”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Just go with it."

Hmm it might, especially because she’s so charged up

She found a tree. “Yaaaaaay,” she said unenthusiastically. “Look. There’s a tree.” She moved on. “This is the rock by the bunny burrow looking thing, right?”

1 hour ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She found a tree. “Yaaaaaay,” she said unenthusiastically. “Look. There’s a tree.” She moved on. “This is the rock by the bunny burrow looking thing, right?”

Vance didn't say anything. "Take it off when you want."

Edited by Ookla the [Redacted]

Hyron coughed. "Uh, not sure," They said, glancing furtively to the side, "But you got really mad, and it was... honestly terrifying trying to get you to stop. Uh, welcome back."

Hyron looked at Miyako, grinning slightly, then glanced at Yerik. They shot him an expression that said, Not. A. Word.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Edited by Ookla the Crow

3 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron coughed. "Uh, not sure," They said, glancing furtively to the side, "But you got really mad, and it was... honestly terrifying trying to get you to stop. Uh, welcome back."

Hyron looked at Miyako, grinning slightly, then glanced at Yerik. They shot him an expression that said, Not. A. Word.

"Was this... Shadow always your plan?" asked Yerik. "For when we got to the Queen?"

2 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Can it absorb life force energy?"

Anikel frowned. "Never heard of that. Still, if it's energy, I'm sure there's a way to do it!"

2 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Was this... Shadow always your plan?" asked Yerik. "For when we got to the Queen?"

Anikel frowned. "Never heard of that. Still, if it's energy, I'm sure there's a way to do it!"

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Yerik asked you a question :eyes:

Yes sorry my good sir, I was on my phone in class and until now I could not respond. Sorry for the delay.

Miyako blushed. "No. Well, kinda. I try to never use it. But like if I'm gonna die, I've used it before to save my life. I'm not proud of it though."

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron looked at Miyako. "What is it?" They asked quietly. "And..." Hyron blushed, "Do you remember what, uh, what happened before your.. shadow took over?"

She paused. "Don't remember much before the Shadow took over. We were in the clearing and the guards were there." Miyako shrugged. "That's about if. But as for the Shadow itself...it's a parasite. A magic that passed down in my family's bloodline. I'm just the latest person to be cursed with it." 

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

She paused. "Don't remember much before the Shadow took over. We were in the clearing and the guards were there." Miyako shrugged. "That's about if. But as for the Shadow itself...it's a parasite. A magic that passed down in my family's bloodline. I'm just the latest person to be cursed with it." 

"Do you have any other secrets?" asked Yerik.

Hyron looked back and forth between Miyako and Yerik, breathing in relief that Miyako didn't remember the kiss.

Hyron blushed further just thinking about it. That had been a stupid move, and probably the cause of Miyako's snap.

They just kinda sat there, staring.

After a bit, they looked back at Miyako. "Do you regret it at all?" They asked.

@Ookla the Kobold

Edited by Ookla the Crow

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Do you have any other secrets?" asked Yerik.

"Eh! You just want to hear my life story, do ya? You think I need anymore bodies in my closet? I've been able to kill most of my demons at this point, my whole life has been 'bout making things simple. No!" Miyako huffed. She let out a long, tired breath. "No. My Shadow is the last thing haunting me."

From Miyako's point of view she has resolved most of her conflicts, besides her Shadow. From my point of view Miyako has some very big conflicts to be resolved :)

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron looked back and forth between Miyako and Yerik, breathing in relief that Miyako didn't remember the kiss.

Hyron blushed further just thinking about it. That had been a stupid move, and probably the cause of Miyako's snap.

They just kinda sat there, staring.

After a bit, they looked back at Miyako. "Do you regret it at all?" They asked.

@Ookla the Kobold

Are you talking about Miyako using her Shadow? Sorry, there are a lot of things Miyako regret, I need some clarification. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

yeah her shadow

Miyako quieted and stopped moving. When she spoke again her voice was steel, cold and hard. "There is nothing I hate more in this horrible world then my Shadow. I've fought it everyday, and the only reason I'm still living is that I can usually beat it. It took-," Miyako's voice broke. "It took my father from me."

5 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Interesting."

Annimus's nose twitches as a new scent enters into the air. 

"There's the scent of death on the air, not uncommon, but..." Annimus's face scrunches up in confusion. "There's no scent of blood on the air."

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Forgotten

2 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako quieted and stopped moving. When she spoke again her voice was steel, cold and hard. "There is nothing I hate more in this horrible world then my Shadow. I've fought it everyday, and the only reason I'm still living is that I can usually beat it. It took-," Miyako's voice broke. "It took my father from me."

Hyron moved up to sit on the seat next to Miyako, and tentatively placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry," They said, "If you'd like, I can try and help. Perhaps my Breath can help."

15 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron moved up to sit on the seat next to Miyako, and tentatively placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry," They said, "If you'd like, I can try and help. Perhaps my Breath can help."

Miayko slipped away from Hyron. "No, you think I haven't tried everything already? It's a part of me." Miyako grimaced. "I'm not gonna being turning into my Shadow and killing anyone again for a while though. Let's just forget about it." Miyako clapped and sat up straight. "Ok, done. Let's talk about the Queen.

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

Hyron recoils slightly. "Right," They mutter, feeling hurt, "Right, yes, The Queen." Their voice returns to normal, and they say, "Well, she's gonna be mad. So we need to either dispose of her, or try diplomacy."

you're making hyron saaaaaaaaad :((((( and also lovesick :3

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron recoils slightly. "Right," They mutter, feeling hurt, "Right, yes, The Queen." Their voice returns to normal, and they say, "Well, she's gonna be mad. So we need to either dispose of her, or try diplomacy."

you're making hyron saaaaaaaaad :((((( and also lovesick :3

Sorry Hyron, Miyako is oblivious 

"Or we go run away and wait 'till she calms down."