Channelknight Fadran

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

Give anyone magic, what in Pelagia is this? He stepped forward, but paused, uncertain. How would he go about this. He had been subtle before, but that hadn't gotten him anywhere. "Uh, hello." Might as well get it over with. "Do you know where I could find an Essence shrine, or do you know someone who does?"

The man blinked. "An essence shrine? Why do you ask?"

Can I have the rundown on the Orteo essence shrine?

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

The man blinked. "An essence shrine? Why do you ask?"

As I responded in the doc, the Orteo shrine is under heavy control by whatever the government of Orteo is. Unless someone has close ties to it, they probably wouldn't even know it exists. My goal here is for the meteorites to catch Enner's eye, so he decides mix into the Triluminescence plot more.

"I'm... an up and coming Vexurgist, looking for a shrine so I can bind myself to an Essence."

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

"I'm... an up and coming Vexurgist, looking for a shrine so I can bind myself to an Essence."

Archis is very nosy :ph34r:

"Hmm," muttered the man. "Good luck with that. Officially speaking, there are no essence shrines on Orteo."

The desk person came back into the front, clutching a necklace with a piece of metallic black rock on the end of it. "Here it is!" he declared proudly, laying it on the counter. The man walked over and picked it up, examining it curiously.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

"Officially speaking?" Enner stopped for a moment, seeing the metal. "What is that?"

"Starmetal!" the clerk exclaimed as the man took it carefully. "It fell from the sky."

"I can feel it," murmured the man, holding the stone between two fingers and peering at it. "It's an artifact, alright."

Hyron nodded, ignoring the use of the name Viney, in the name of proffesionalism. They put their hands on the soil, and concentrated. Vines grew up and around and over the carriage, growing up and out. The vines went from green to brown, hardening to look like a tree, just like any other. Hyron stood and dusted off their hands.

"There. That should take them a while to chop through if they find it," They said.

@Ookla the Forgotten @Ookla the Kobold

5 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron nodded, ignoring the use of the name Viney, in the name of proffesionalism. They put their hands on the soil, and concentrated. Vines grew up and around and over the carriage, growing up and out. The vines went from green to brown, hardening to look like a tree, just like any other. Hyron stood and dusted off their hands.

"There. That should take them a while to chop through if they find it," They said.

@Ookla the Forgotten @Ookla the Kobold

Miyako nodded, grinning at Hyron. Tides, there magic was awesome.

Miyako shouldered her backpack and adjusted her hat. Time to go live in the woods.

"Let's go."

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

As the sun goes down the smell returns and Annimus stops Heartfire, nearly causing a collision in the caravan.

Annimus shakes and his bones seem to turn to traitorous squirrels.

"The smell, it's directly infront of us. Yet no blood, it's wraiths. They smell of death with no blood, I didn't realize it earlier."

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Forgotten

10 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Starmetal!" the clerk exclaimed as the man took it carefully. "It fell from the sky."

"I can feel it," murmured the man, holding the stone between two fingers and peering at it. "It's an artifact, alright."

Would it give off any energy Enner could notice?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron tucks some of their hair behind their ear, takes a drink from their canteen, notices how empty it is, and switches it out for another in their pack. They take another drink, and follow Miyako.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Miyako began walking in a random direction. She didn't look behind as she strode into the forest, trying to look confident. Tides, it was weird to have people following her. She had been on her own, for....a long time now. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako began walking in a random direction. She didn't look behind as she strode into the forest, trying to look confident. Tides, it was weird to have people following her. She had been on her own, for....a long time now. 

Hyron blinked, noting that Miyako was walking in a direction that went to a section of woods that was not as dense as the rest. They were pretty sure Miyako had been on her own for... a long time, if they were this awkward leading people.

"Uh, Miyako?" Hyron said, thumbing towards the denser part of the forest, "There's better areas this way, " They said, and started to walk that way.

silly miyako.

On 12/9/2022 at 11:07 AM, Ookla the Myopic said:

As the sun goes down the smell returns and Annimus stops Heartfire, nearly causing a collision in the caravan.

Annimus shakes and his bones seem to turn to traitorous squirrels.

"The smell, it's directly infront of us. Yet no blood, it's wraiths. They smell of death with no blood, I didn't realize it earlier."

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Forgotten

On 12/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Quendi cursed. "Of course..."

"Hold." Anikel blinked. "What in the name of earth is a wraith?"

@Ookla the Myopic

On 12/9/2022 at 0:01 PM, Ookla the Unknown said:

It isn't radiating energy, if that's what you're asking. If he was compatible with the stone, though, he'd feel the power when he touched it.

@Ookla the Unknown

23 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

23 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron blinked, noting that Miyako was walking in a direction that went to a section of woods that was not as dense as the rest. They were pretty sure Miyako had been on her own for... a long time, if they were this awkward leading people.

"Uh, Miyako?" Hyron said, thumbing towards the denser part of the forest, "There's better areas this way, " They said, and started to walk that way.

Yerik stopped, uncertain. "Um... which direction are we going?"

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

Just now, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Hold." Anikel blinked. "What in the name of earth is a wraith?"

"A soul ripped from a body, that was twisted to feed on souls. They look humanoid until they move, then their form loses it's shape as they come screaming at you. They can be killed but while fighting them, they will drain your energy."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

1 hour ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"A soul ripped from a body, that was twisted to feed on souls. They look humanoid until they move, then their form loses it's shape as they come screaming at you. They can be killed but while fighting them, they will drain your energy."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

40 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"They aren't a particularly enjoyable abomination to fight."

"Should we go around, then?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron waved Yerik towards them. "This way! I've lived in a forest all my life, I know what to look for."

Yerik took a few steps towards Hyron, glancing back at Miyako.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik took a few steps towards Hyron, glancing back at Miyako.

Miyako stood there watching as Yerik walked over to Hyron. Eventually she walked over to the two, fuming. Miyako grumbled unintelligibly and pulled her hat down across her face. 

54 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako stood there watching as Yerik walked over to Hyron. Eventually she walked over to the two, fuming. Miyako grumbled unintelligibly and pulled her hat down across her face. 

Yerik exhaled and fell in behind Miyako as the group set off through the forest.

They had only been walking for a few minutes when something unusual happened: a voice spoke. "Hold." Yerik jumped, twisting his head to try and see where the voice had come from.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Kobold

45 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"If there's a route with a fortress on it, maybe. It would appear that it's already smelled us."

"Well. Might as well go straight, then." Anikel unsheathed his sword. "These things have any weaknesses that you know of?

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron muttered, "Cheer up, Stuck Up," to Miyako just before the voice said "Hold." They froze, sticking their fingers in their wrist pouches, ready to strike.

Miyako drew her arm back to hit Hyron when the voice spoke. "Hold." Miyako whirled around, Hyron momentarily forgotten, trying to find the voice. Her hand rested on her sword as she twisted her head, looking for the source of the sound.