Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest paused from pumping water. The crackling of the fire had stopped. Quest walked back towards the house.

Inside, where the fire had been, only a charred floor and the embers of papers remained. 

"Kealie! I thought you weren't good at your magic." He gestured at the absence of flames before realizing she was wearing a blindfold. "Seriously, good job."

She pulled it off, confused for half a second before she beamed. “Thanks! It was Eej, though. Oh, and Vance helped with the strategy.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She pulled it off, confused for half a second before she beamed. “Thanks! It was Eej, though. Oh, and Vance helped with the strategy.”

"No, your magic is fascinating. Don't discredit yourself. I wonder though, over time will you eventually stop believing Eej as you realize she is misleading you? Could you influence someone else's feelings and thoughts if..." Quest trailed off before blushing. "Sorry, you don't have to hear my ramblings."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"No, your magic is fascinating. Don't discredit yourself. I wonder though, over time will you eventually stop believing Eej as you realize she is misleading you? Could you influence someone else's feelings and thoughts if..." Quest trailed off before blushing. "Sorry, you don't have to hear my ramblings."

Kealie blinked. “He doesn’t mislead me. He directs me to what will be there if I believe him. It’s simple. Also, your ramblings are fine. Very scholarly.”

Also quick note Eej is male

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

9 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Kealie blinked. “He doesn’t mislead me. He directs me to what will be there if I believe him. It’s simple. Also, your ramblings are fine. Very scholarly.”

Quest nodded, smiling at Kealie. He turned to address the everyone. "Sorry for, um, causing the explosion and subsequent fire that Kealie heroically put out. I..I probably shouldn't have used fire as the energy.... or tested the runes." 

Edit: Please yes. This needs be the cannon.

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest laughed. "Yeah. That's probably smart. But, um, what's the plan? Do you guys want to keep trying to get deeper into the house or what?"

“I do,” Kealie put in. “It’s fun. Well, dangerous, but not boring, so I say yes let’s do that.”

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako shrugged and looked back at Hyron and Yerik. "Viney, Acoylte? Got anything to say?"

Yerik looked down at the ground. "I... don't know. I mean, the Queen..." he shuddered. "I've seen what she can do. But..." he chewed on his lip. "My sister. She came here a long time ago. She could still be alive."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik looked down at the ground. "I... don't know. I mean, the Queen..." he shuddered. "I've seen what she can do. But..." he chewed on his lip. "My sister. She came here a long time ago. She could still be alive."

Miyako walked over and laid a hand on his shoulder. She nodded and turned back the guy. She no longer sounded like she was halfway asleep, now Miyako had a direction. "We're finding his sister. If you want to help, great. But that's what we're doing. I'm not fighting the Queen, I'm helping Acolyte here."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I do,” Kealie put in. “It’s fun. Well, dangerous, but not boring, so I say yes let’s do that.”

Quest reached for his papers before sighing. "Um, yes. I can make you guys some rune circles that can act as force fields and protect you from some, um, of the traps. Those are pretty experimental though. Besides that...you guys are probably best suited for this. This isn't really my expertise. I'll stay up here and work on active rune circles and decoding more of the language."

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest reached for his papers before sighing. "Um, yes. I can make you guys some rune circles that can act as force fields and protect you from some, um, of the traps. Those are pretty experimental though. Besides that...you guys are probably best suited for this. This isn't really my expertise. I'll stay up here and work on active rune circles and decoding more of the language."

"Well, on the bright side, I'm slightly less likely to die than all of you if I get hit with rune magic."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

18 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"I could've taken it," Quendi replied, slinging her staff back over her shoulders and walking back to the carriage. There wasn't any arrogance behind the words: just a simple belief.

Annimus wasn't quite so sure, but he walked over to Heartfire and grinned as he began to feel the enveloping protection of the armor.

A small purring sounds and Annimus nearly falls out of his saddle when he realizes it was coming from him.

Well, I've never done that before. Suppose I'm not a cat enough to really do it.

On 12/11/2022 at 0:59 PM, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Yeah! Er, well..." The clerk scratched his head. "I think so, at least. To be honest, I'm not really a star expert. Whatever it is, it's powerful!" He waved. "Here, feel it out. See how compatible you are."

What does it feel like, like a gentle humming, static electricity, or just a general sense of power?

19 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Nayka noted the expression on Whist’s face. “What’s up?

Eej slithered up her arm, helpfully pointing her to an area by the wall of the house, just out of sight, with several full buckets of water and a pump. Nothing fancy. She carried them all back, with Eej’s help, and threw them on the fire. “Do we need more?” She yelled.

"Nothing," Whist lied, "I'm just a little tired."

The ferry was now much closer to the land, and the crew was preparing to dock. The port-town was much smaller than the one they had come from. It was basically a glorified village, with a single wooden dock stretching into the water. The town only existed because people often traveled between these two islands. A several day trek was needed to reach Caerlon's capital, as it was on the other side of the island. 

if anyone's confused just check out the map on page 1

--

The ferry pulled up to the wooden dock and a gangway was set up. People began pouring off, servants ran forward to hire a carriages and crew members unloaded cargo. A cloaked figure lost himself in the crowd. Whist let go of Fiadh's shoulders to see if she could stand.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the magician said:

"Nothing," Whist lied, "I'm just a little tired."

The ferry was now much closer to the land, and the crew was preparing to dock. The port-town was much smaller than the one they had come from. It was basically a glorified village, with a single wooden dock stretching into the water. The town only existed because people often traveled between these two islands. A several day trek was needed to reach Caerlon's capital, as it was on the other side of the island. 

--

The ferry pulled up to the wooden dock and a gangway was set up. People began pouring off, servants ran forward to hire a carriages and crew members unloaded cargo. A cloaked figure lost himself in the crowd. Whist let go of Fiadh's shoulders to see if she could stand.

Fiadh stood up very carefully. She felt a little better but not much. " I think I can make it off the boat."

@Ookla the magician

24 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh stood up very carefully. She felt a little better but not much. " I think I can make it off the boat."

@Ookla the magician

"That's good, hopefully you'll feel better after we've been on solid ground for a while," she said, walking up to the gangway.

19 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako walked over and laid a hand on his shoulder. She nodded and turned back the guy. She no longer sounded like she was halfway asleep, now Miyako had a direction. "We're finding his sister. If you want to help, great. But that's what we're doing. I'm not fighting the Queen, I'm helping Acolyte here."

5 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron looked around at everyone. "I go where they go," They said, thumbing towards Yerik and Miyako. "So.. sorry."

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Sever sighed. "Alright, I suppose."

At that moment, footsteps echoed through the cavern. A few moments later, Vicius burst into the room.

"The shipwreck on the beach," he asked, voice edged. "Do any of them know your names?"

2 hours ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

A deep well of power, like a slow-moving but forceful river. Assuming that Enner is compatible, of course.

46 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Sever sighed. "Alright, I suppose."

At that moment, footsteps echoed through the cavern. A few moments later, Vicius burst into the room.

"The shipwreck on the beach," he asked, voice edged. "Do any of them know your names?"

After reading back on the conversation, I'm fairly certain Geff and the crew never learned our names.

Miyako snorted. "Barely know them. Me and Vine-" Miyako's face fell. "Tides. Acolyte..." Miyako turned to Vicius. "Why you asking?"

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako snorted. "Barely know them. Me and Vine-" Miyako's face fell. "Tides. Acolyte..." Miyako turned to Vicius. "Why you asking?"

"The Queen has sent an envoy to their encampment. If they were not warned to keep their names hidden, it is likely they will soon be under her control."

At these words, Yerik visibly paled.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"The Queen has sent an envoy to their encampment. If they were not warned to keep their names hidden, it is likely they will soon be under her control."

At these words, Yerik visibly paled.

Hyron put a hand to their mouth in horror. "Oh, stalks.." They whispered.