Channelknight Fadran

On 12/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, xinoehp512 said:

"Will it happen again?" challenged Anikel.

"How in Gaea's name would I know?" retorted Annimus.

"I don't even quite know how I did it. I just felt a pulling from the horse and then something clicked and the pulling sensation was gone!"

@xinoehp512

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Queen's power ripped at Miyako's stream, trying to tear it apart- or at the very least, deflect it.

"Because this is my island," replied the Queen. "And you attacked me. So you must be punished."

"Will it happen again?" challenged Anikel.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked. "Well, we haven't attacked you specifically yet."

They silently snapped the neck of a soldier, the vines muffling the sound to a barely audible thud.

They moved slowly towards the voice.

@xinoehp512

Miyako let go of the stream as soon as the Queen tried to control it. Miyako slipped back into the mists, and hoping the Queen couldn't sense her, came around to a different side of the solider formation. Miyako tried to quietly take him out with her sword.

12 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Okay.” Kealie stepped into the room and got a description from Eej. “Why is this so scary?”

As Kealie stepped into the room, the doors slammed shut.

40 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked. "Well, we haven't attacked you specifically yet."

They silently snapped the neck of a soldier, the vines muffling the sound to a barely audible thud.

They moved slowly towards the voice.

@xinoehp512

"And what do you call this... assault on my throne room, except for an attack on me?"

37 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako let go of the stream as soon as the Queen tried to control it. Miyako slipped back into the mists, and hoping the Queen couldn't sense her, came around to a different side of the solider formation. Miyako tried to quietly take him out with her sword.

The soldier reacted quickly as Miyako came into his field of view, raising his sword to block her approach.

The hairs on the back of their necks began to stand up. The air filled with a quiet power.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"And what do you call this... assault on my throne room, except for an attack on me?"

The soldier reacted quickly as Miyako came into his field of view, raising his sword to block her approach.

The hairs on the back of their necks began to stand up. The air filled with a quiet power.

Of course the air was filling with power. Why couldn't a simple assassination work out?

"Tides, I'm over this." Miyako grunted. She slashed forward, dropping all pretenses of subtlety.   

On 12/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, xinoehp512 said:

The clerk blinked. "Er, well, pretty simple! All members of the Order have a stone. So you just have to join! Is that something you'd be interested in?"

@Ookla the Unknown

I don't anything about them. Well, I suppose that worst comes to worst I can just steal it and run away. "Yes, I'd be interested. Very interested."

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Of course the air was filling with power. Why couldn't a simple assassination work out?

"Tides, I'm over this." Miyako grunted. She slashed forward, dropping all pretenses of subtlety.   

The guards fought back, their positions defensive, refusing to give up even an inch of ground.

"Last chance, child," the Queen called out as the power built further. "Surrender or suffer. Your choice."

46 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

I don't anything about them. Well, I suppose that worst comes to worst I can just steal it and run away. "Yes, I'd be interested. Very interested."

The clerk blinked. "Wow! I mean- that's great!" He fumbled under the desk and retrieved some sort of notebook. "Uh, what time would work for your induction? Most evenings this week are open."

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The guards fought back, their positions defensive, refusing to give up even an inch of ground.

"Last chance, child," the Queen called out as the power built further. "Surrender or suffer. Your choice."

"What if you just let us go? We'll pay you a small sum, and we'll leave. We can all forget about this. Clearly you don't care too much about life. We all can see it." Hyron said.

57 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

47 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"What if you just let us go? We'll pay you a small sum, and we'll leave. We can all forget about this. Clearly you don't care too much about life. We all can see it." Hyron said.

Miyako pulled back and groaned in Hyron's general direction. "Can we just fight already? I'm not gonna be a slave anytime soon and this crazy lady doesn't seem open to bargaining."

13 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako pulled back and groaned in Hyron's general direction. "Can we just fight already? I'm not gonna be a slave anytime soon and this crazy lady doesn't seem open to bargaining."

Hyron grinned. "Sure, why not?" Then moved towards Miyako's voice.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Oh, no- I care about you very much indeed."

32 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

19 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Queen sighed theatrically. "If that is your choice, then so be it."

The power in the air reached a crescendo.

11 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

As Kealie stepped into the room, the doors slammed shut.

Is she alone in the room or did Quest make it too?

18 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh, no- I care about you very much indeed."

The Queen sighed theatrically. "If that is your choice, then so be it."

The power in the air reached a crescendo.

18 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Question, the Queen's voice seems to be coming from the center of the guards?

12 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Quest did not make it in.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Good enough for me. I got an 18 on my d20, so my dumb backup move might just work.

Miyako frowned, stabbing harder probably wouldn't help her get through the guards. And she should stop the Queen before she does magic. If you can't go through, might as well go over.

Miyako took a deep breath in, remembering the days she had spent trying to master this move on the lake. Just like skipping stones. Miyako breathed out and burst into action. 

She pulled on her stream, propelling it a few feet in front of the guard. Miyako dashed forward, before leaping towards the line of guards. She landed on the stream with one foot, mentally commanding it to shove her forward. The stream's force and her forward momentum lifted her above the guards, skating inches away from their heads. Miyako landed in a somersault, rolling to her feet. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako frowned, stabbing harder probably wouldn't help her get through the guards. And she should stop the Queen before she does magic. If you can't go through, might as well go over.

Miyako took a deep breath in, remembering the days she had spent trying to master this move on the lake. Just like skipping stones. Miyako breathed out and burst into action. 

She pulled on her stream, propelling it a few feet in front of the guard. Miyako dashed forward, before leaping towards the line of guards. She landed on the stream with one foot, mentally commanding it to shove her forward. The stream's force and her forward momentum lifted her above the guards, skating inches away from their heads. Miyako landed in a somersault, rolling to her feet. 

Miyako could see light a few feet away. The edge of the mist. The Queen stood there, hands outstretched, channeling power into the cloud that enveloped the throne room.

With a cry, she let it go- and the room filled with lightning.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:02 PM, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yeah, and that barely worked!"

Vance shrugged. "Yeah, but you're really never going to get a better chance to learn this kind of thing than out in the wild like we are now. Maybe you can do it, maybe you can't; you won't know until you try."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance shrugged. "Yeah, but you're really never going to get a better chance to learn this kind of thing than out in the wild like we are now. Maybe you can do it, maybe you can't; you won't know until you try."

"Sure." He remained still for a few minutes, concentrating. "I got nothing. There's magic coming at me from all directions, and all of it is a little different. I can't be sure what, if anything, is especially unique."

"You're holding yourself back. I mean... I know you just started doing this. It took me months just to start detecting magic, but..."

You're a natural at this, Vance finished in his head. Right now you're better at detecting magic than the vast majority of people, and with half as much training as I've done you'll have far surpassed me. If anyone can get this first try, it's you.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You're holding yourself back. I mean... I know you just started doing this. It took me months just to start detecting magic, but..."

You're a natural at this, Vance finished in his head. Right now you're better at detecting magic than the vast majority of people, and with half as much training as I've done you'll have far surpassed me. If anyone can get this first try, it's you.

Antin began humming quietly, with odd tones and notes. They formed a haunting sort of melody, profoundly unusual. The pitch of the tune dropped suddenly, not by very much but by a noticeable amount. He stopped humming. "That might be it. I don't know where it is, though."