Channelknight Fadran

On 1/3/2023 at 6:34 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

“This feels so wrong,” Nayka mumbled. “Do you have any idea how much money I could have right now?”

“Uh… I don’t know about this, Vance.” Her voice quivered. 

Watch to your left, that ground is really brittle and will break easily. So don’t step there if you don’t like lava. Off to the right, behind that witch, is a fire geyser. It’s dormant right now. And… Eej continued to explain the landscape around them and Kealie relaxed. “So, witch, what was your name again?”

Is Nayka addressing Whist? or like talking to herself?

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We discussed this. If a cougar can hunt a baby bear, then a human can hunt a single tree."

"ACK--" Vance shoved Kealie out of the way and dove to the side, this time sliding across the dirt on his face. "Run! Don't stay still! Try to flank it!"

@The Halcyon Girl

She dashed away accordingly, trusting Vance to take care of himself. She was really just worried about her own skin. 

Insert fire stuff I missed

She screeched. Happen! Something happen! 

Eej was insulted. He catapulted her out of the way, but unfortunately forgot to keep a hold on her. The flames singed about half of him and he shrunk down. 

Kealie crumpled from impact as well as the pain from Eej’s injury. She’d give him more life force, but she needed it all at the moment.

”Ow,” she groaned.

I am dead. So, so dead.

A large stone golem with red and gold glowing patterns stepped out of the woods. Her eyes widened. Okay, there’s NO WAY that’s real.

@Justice_Magician 

Whist. She’s talking to Whist.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The demon roars and points its sword at the golem in the universal sign of: hey, I really wanna stab you. It jumps into the air, flying forward towards the golem with its sword raised high.

I edited it a little but shouldn’t affect your post.

The golem swung a large stone fist at the side of the demon’s face, angling itself to make the sword slide off. 

8 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The golem swung a large stone fist at the side of its face, angling itself to make the sword slide off. 

Your all good. Also weird questions, is the golem punching itself or the demon?

Edited by Mr. Misting

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

The demon pulled back into the air and rained waves of fire down upon the golem.

The stones glowed with the heat as the golem crouched, then jumped in an attempt to knock the demon out of the air.

How big is demon? I’ll scale the golem to match. Also, how high is demon?

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“We as a group of people were content with just the one.”

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, you as a group were better than most. But you would have taken down more than one if I hadn't intervened, wouldn't you?"

@xinoehp512@Channelknight Fadran

Anikel coughed. "Um. About that."

On 1/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako rode the body of the solider into the ground. Pushing off the last second, she flipped open her waterskin. Surrounded by a shroud of shadow and life she descended into another group of soldiers, stream of water flying ahead of her.

From the entryway, archers loosed a volley of arrows at Miyako. They seemed to curve as they approached her, seeking her blood.

8 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

What benefit would that give us? We'd be trapped. Hyron thought at the voice, glaring at the soldier, who was still holding Yerik.

But you wouldn't be dead! snapped the voice. Look, I have a plan to get you out of here. Getting captured is part of it.

1 hour ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The stones glowed with the heat as the golem crouched, then jumped in an attempt to knock the demon out of the air.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That was... a golem.

Had Kealie summoned a golem?

I was say the demon is about 10 tall and about 30 feet in the air.

The demon down towards the golem, stabbing the flaming sword towards the golem's chest.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

From the entryway, archers loosed a volley of arrows at Miyako. They seemed to curve as they approached her, seeking her blood.

But you wouldn't be dead! snapped the voice. Look, I have a plan to get you out of here. Getting captured is part of it.

By chance would you say those arrows are being influenced by magic or are magically powered? Also, Calano is the Breath+ having any majors effects or give powers to Miyako?

Spoiler

I don't know if anyone cares, but I can't help but picture this scene as if I was directing it in a moive. Hyon and the Queen via solider are stoically talking about surrender and morals and all that and behind Hyron's shoulder you can half see Miyako as a dark blob crashing around the room, screaming and punching stuff while generally being a menace.

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by Mr. Misting

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The demon down towards the golem, stabbing the flaming sword towards the golem's chest.

@CalanoCorvus

The golem twisted again, though the heat left a groove in its chest. Then it used its fist—still hot from the fire—to swing at the demon’s side as the demon’s momentum propelled him closer.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The golem twisted again, though the heat left a groove in its chest. Then it used its fist—still hot from the fire—to swing at the demon’s side as the demon’s momentum propelled him closer.

The demon took the swing on its side and took the chance to pull in closer to the golem. Roaring it tried to grab onto the Golem, and fly it into the ground as fast as possible.

Ok, I've got to go sleep and such.

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

The demon took the swing on its side and took the chance to pull in closer to the golem. Roaring it tried to grab onto the Golem, and fly it into the ground as fast as possible.

It left a dent in the ground, and half of the golem’s right arm broke off. But it recovered quickly and kicked at the demon from said ground. 

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance was back up again, but still stumbled about in a pained stupor.

That... was a golem, right?

"...Kealie?"

She moaned from a couple hundred yards away. “Vance? Are you okay? I think Eej is hurt… and what’s that big stone thing? I…” she trailed off.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It isn't hers?

Vance started jogging towards her. At the very least they weren't in any immediate danger with that thing on their side.

A small net of vines wrapped weakly around his boot, the ends trailing off into ash. 

Best sign off—later.

"...Eej?"

Vance really didn't understand the full extent of what was happening. Sweat rolled down his brow, and tremors worked their way into his fingertips.

"...Kealie?"

They were okay, right?

They were okay.

They had to be okay.

It's my fault if they're not okay.

The golem and demon were still fighting, so they had some time at the very least. At the moment it wasn't very clear which one was winning, but he figured they'd know soon enough. Even if the golem didn't win it would've weakened the demon some, and... maybe Vance could defeat it from there? If he had the aether stone, it was just about decided, but without it...

Where in the world did it go?

"You're gonna be alright, kay?" Vance knelt down for a moment and pressed a hand against Kealie's forehead. Hot. Too hot. He peeled off the blindfold and dropped it by her hand. "Just breathe. Stay here. I'll take care of this. We'll be fine."

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"...Eej?"

Vance really didn't understand the full extent of what was happening. Sweat rolled down his brow, and tremors worked their way into his fingertips.

"...Kealie?"

They were okay, right?

They were okay.

They had to be okay.

It's my fault if they're not okay.

The golem and demon were still fighting, so they had some time at the very least. At the moment it wasn't very clear which one was winning, but he figured they'd know soon enough. Even if the golem didn't win it would've weakened the demon some, and... maybe Vance could defeat it from there? If he had the aether stone, it was just about decided, but without it...

Where in the world did it go?

"You're gonna be alright, kay?" Vance knelt down for a moment and pressed a hand against Kealie's forehead. Hot. Too hot. He peeled off the blindfold and dropped it by her hand. "Just breathe. Stay here. I'll take care of this. We'll be fine."

7 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

A small net of vines wrapped weakly around his boot, the ends trailing off into ash. 

A soft whine noise sounded out of the demon as it pulled back from the golem. With one last half-hearted roar it began to fly away from the fight, wings beating above the trees. 

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hyron thought for a moment, looking at the soldier.

"If we surrender," They started slowly, "We will serve you. But we will not give up our names. We would be entering into willing servitude."

17 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“And then we would have taken those trees down too. People fell hundreds a day to build the most basic of homes, just to survive the wind and rain. Two or three is not many.”

"Yes, people do. But those that take more than they need. They are the people that disgust me."

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Anikel coughed. "Um. About that."

Annimus's eyes narrow, the thin pupils reflecting the sunlight.

"So, you would have taken more."

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

On 1/3/2023 at 6:34 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

“This feels so wrong,” Nayka mumbled. “Do you have any idea how much money I could have right now?”

“Uh… I don’t know about this, Vance.” Her voice quivered. 

Watch to your left, that ground is really brittle and will break easily. So don’t step there if you don’t like lava. Off to the right, behind that witch, is a fire geyser. It’s dormant right now. And… Eej continued to explain the landscape around them and Kealie relaxed. “So, witch, what was your name again?”

coolio, sorry i get confused easy

"Yeah . . . but doesn't it feel kinda good knowing that you can walk through this place without being chased or hunted?" She asked, "I mean, its way easier to relax!"

10 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

By chance would you say those arrows are being influenced by magic or are magically powered? Also, Calano is the Breath+ having any majors effects or give powers to Miyako?

Hide contents

I don't know if anyone cares, but I can't help but picture this scene as if I was directing it in a moive. Hyon and the Queen via solider are stoically talking about surrender and morals and all that and behind Hyron's shoulder you can half see Miyako as a dark blob crashing around the room, screaming and punching stuff while generally being a menace.

Magically directed, yes. They are special blood-seeking arrows.

Spoiler

Lol same honestly :P

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron thought for a moment, looking at the soldier.

"If we surrender," They started slowly, "We will serve you. But we will not give up our names. We would be entering into willing servitude."

"Very well," said the Queen. "Lay down your weapons- including your water- and tell your friend to, ah, calm down."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Very well," said the Queen. "Lay down your weapons- including your water- and tell your friend to, ah, calm down."

Ok, that's fun.

Miyako propelled her stream front of her and moved it so that she could skip above the arrows. After leaping over them she began to plummet towards the ground, right into a group of soldiers.

oh i forgot to say: the breath plus shadow, Life and Death, kind of balances each other out, so instead of being a ruthless killing machine with no feelings, I'd say it combines to just make you a Superman equivalent.

Hyron nodded, turned and leaped after Miyako.

Just before Miyako slammed into the soldiers, Hyron grabbed her and shot a vine to slow them down to the ground.

@Mr. Misting