Channelknight Fadran

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"...I see."

A tiny dictator?

"Well, thank you very much for taking care of that demon for us," Vance said, smiling. "Can I help you with anything? Food, money, directions?"

“I’m good. Great, actually! Hey, is your friend okay?” A hint of concern leaked into his expression at the sight of Kealie.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I think so. She just knocked herself out, really. Her magic is... strange."

“Some vines threw her, right? I saw that part.” He was getting slightly less hyper as time went on. “Strange magic… what kind of strange magic?”

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm not really one to say. I don't understand it much myself." Vance sat back down beside her, deciding this child was not an immediate threat.

The boy nodded, then paled. “I did it again. I’m sorry. I get like… that… when I use my authority.”

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What? What're you talking about?"

“Like the… grinning.” He groaned. “I’m not all the way better yet, which is why I’m apologizing. An attitude shift is the side effect of commanding things like that golem.”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What was wrong with grinning?"

“Oh, nothing… well, everything. It’s not just grinning. It’s the flamboyantness. Talkativity. You know. I should probably shut up before I say something else that I regret.”

That’s curtains for me! Thank you, thank you, tickets to my show tomorrow are half price if you buy ‘em tonight!

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The next morning, he was awoken by a loud banging on the door. "Wake up!" a soldier was shouting. "Princess Mariel requests your presence!"

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron opened their eyes, feeling quite bleary. They rolled over, noting that Miyako was still asleep. They stood, then walked over, kneeling down in front of her bed, watching her sleep.

Miyako seemed to be doing much better after yesterday. Hyron's breath had helped a lot with managing the impulses of her Shadow, so that was good.

"Psst," Hyron whispered, "Wake up."

@Mr. Misting

Miyako blinked awake. What was Hyron saying?

"No. I'm asleep." Miyako mumbled. She rolled over and pulled the blanket over her head.

--------------------------------------

Quest poked the dying embers of a long fire as he slowly bit away at his meal, of a single fruit. He blearily threw his arms back into a silent yawn before slumping back down to his log seat.

Quest quietly enjoyed the serene peace of fully noticing the world, feeling the cooling breeze brush through scattered leaves, the calls of sparrows weaving with the dampened still world and the full smell of dirt and clean rot, of animals and life and all beautiful things. The wind in his hair. The boots against his feet. Each beautiful in the right light. He enjoyed the kind of awake you can only really notice half asleep.

Quest began to stir from his thoughts. He strained to hold on to the moment, but it slipped away the faster he chased. Such is the way of things. It was probably time to start researching anyway. Quest sat up. He had forgot about his notes!

Holding the edge of a smile, Quest pulled around the edge of the house towards the front doors. He bit the fruit, and absently wiped the juice away from his chin. Quest grinned, it was just such a beautiful morni-

A sucking sound, of reality cracking in on itself played out behind Quest. He spun to find an old woman standing behind him. She wore a ragged red and gray dress, now with the addition of several new tears leaking blood. Her gray turning on white hair was riddled with broken twigs and leaves and a large gash seeped blood above her eyebrow. She held a large tome under her arm, but noticeably there was an absence of her lantern. She was doubled over, leaning against a tree as she breathed in heavy gasps of air. 

Quest froze and glanced back to the house. Eventually, he cleared his throat. The witch straightened and held her book under her arm in an imposing manner, at least that looked like the intended purpose.

"Um, are you ok?" Quest asked tentatively. 

The witch's frown softened momentarily before quickly freezing over. "Give me back my house." 

@The Aspiring Archivist

11 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Oh, nothing… well, everything. It’s not just grinning. It’s the flamboyantness. Talkativity. You know. I should probably shut up before I say something else that I regret.”

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't see what's wrong with that."

If one were to look in a tree that happened to break a forcefield they might possibly find a fancy lantern with a crimson red flame.

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"No. I'm asleep." Miyako mumbled. She rolled over and pulled the blanket over her head.

--------------------------------------

Quest poked the dying embers of a long fire as he slowly bit away at his meal, of a single fruit. He blearily threw his arms back into a silent yawn before slumping back down to his log seat.

Quest quietly enjoyed the serene peace of fully noticing the world, feeling the cooling breeze brush through scattered leaves, the calls of sparrows weaving with the dampened still world and the full smell of dirt and clean rot, of animals and life and all beautiful things. The wind in his hair. The boots against his feet. Each beautiful in the right light. He enjoyed the kind of awake you can only really notice half asleep.

Quest began to stir from his thoughts. He strained to hold on to the moment, but it slipped away the faster he chased. Such is the way of things. It was probably time to start researching anyway. Quest sat up. He had forgot about his notes!

Holding the edge of a smile, Quest pulled around the edge of the house towards the front doors. He bit the fruit, and absently wiped the juice away from his chin. Quest grinned, it was just such a beautiful morni-

A sucking sound, of reality cracking in on itself played out behind Quest. He spun to find an old woman standing behind him. She wore a ragged red and gray dress, now with the addition of several new tears leaking blood. Her gray turning on white hair was riddled with broken twigs and leaves and a large gash seeped blood above her eyebrow. She held a large tome under her arm, but noticeably there was an absence of her lantern. She was doubled over, leaning against a tree as she breathed in heavy gasps of air. 

Quest froze and glanced back to the house. Eventually, he cleared his throat. The witch straightened and held her book under her arm in an imposing manner, at least that looked like the intended purpose.

"Um, are you ok?" Quest asked tentatively. 

The witch's frown softened momentarily before quickly freezing over. "Give me back my house." 

@The Aspiring Archivist

Antin appeared behind him. "Quest, what's this about?"

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yikes," he whispered back. "Anything I can do?"

"Umm, maybe? I don't know what going on."

"You guys are very bad at whispering." The witch said drily. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The soldier banged on the door again. "Open the door!" he called.

Miyako groaned and pushed her face into her pillow. "Tides, can we at least have food before we see the princess?" Miyako said loudly to the door.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Umm, maybe? I don't know what going on."

"You guys are very bad at whispering." The witch said drily. 

Miyako groaned and pushed her face into her pillow. "Tides, can we at least have food before we see the princess?" Miyako said loudly to the door.

"No," said the guard tersely.

17 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

"You can't be right now. We've gotta go."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The guard waited for all three to exit their rooms, then began to lead them back down the stairs.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako belted her sword to her hip and followed the guard.

Hyron sniffed, following the guard. They took a drink, then whispered to Miyako; "Feeling better?"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"You can't be right now. We've gotta go."

Hyron sniffed, following the guard. They took a drink, then whispered to Miyako; "Feeling better?"

Miyako shrugged. "Bit. Still feel like I'll fall over if I'm hit with a stiff breeze. Should feel good after I wake up more." Miyako grimaced. "Hopefully. And what's with that breath stuff you did yesterday?"

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako shrugged. "Bit. Still feel like I'll fall over if I'm hit with a stiff breeze. Should feel good after I wake up more." Miyako grimaced. "Hopefully. And what's with that breath stuff you did yesterday?"

Hyron blinked. "I'm... not entirely sure. I think since you were on the brink of death, and I felt I just had to do something, and somehow I create a super powerful Attunement. But you also weren't breathing, and I was panicking."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron blinked. "I'm... not entirely sure. I think since you were on the brink of death, and I felt I just had to do something, and somehow I create a super powerful Attunement. But you also weren't breathing, and I was panicking."

"Hm. Weird." Miyako bumped her shoulder into them. "Thanks for saving me I guess." She mumbled.