Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Gods. Fate. Mutations. Who knows? I sure don’t.” He shrugged. “My sister’s been working on trying to figure that out. But anyways, that isn’t the lesson. That’s like… side material. It’ll still be on the test though.

“Lesson number five is a lot more important if you’re trying to survive as a wizard in a world full of evil witches and spooky mansions,” Vance explained. “It’s something that comes with the territory. I can’t really explain it super well, but… well, basically…”

He picked his next words carefully.

“There’s a way to tell what kind of magic a person has… before they cast a single spell.”

"But that's impossible...right?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Nope!”

Vance stood up to gesture about as he explained.

”So you’ve got energy, right? That’s all well and good. You eat food, you digest it, and boom: you don’t die. Honestly, whoever thought that up needs to get an award.

”It’s the same for magic, ‘cept instead of eating food, you just kinda… draw in energy.” Vance waggled his hands around vaguely. “For a lot of people they draw that energy in from themselves anyways. In most cases, people born with magic do that. The ability to convert regular energy to magical energy comes with your blood, as does whatever powers you can use with said magical energy. For example you have my Essence powers, which drains me physically when I use them.

”Other magic comes from other places. The stellari, most notably, draw their power from the sun, moon, and stars. Their bodies use up energy to harness it, but the process is a lot less direct—which comes at the cost of a lot less efficiency.”

Vance pointed at Annimus. “Your power is unique in the sense that rather than causing things, it makes other things… un-effect, in a sense. It still comes with your blood and takes up energy, but interferes rather than affects. This is because, like most everything, magical energy is a one-way kinda gig. In order to stop it, you have to just push back.”

"So I have my own magic, just somehow opposite to everything else?" Antin looked pensative, black eyes narrowed. "Would that mean that I could somehow use my interfering magic... but, like, separately from another source of magic, so it actually does have an effect?"

By the way, my character is Antin. Don't know if you got that confused.

11 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

At Yerik's response Miyako grumbled, but realized he was right. She couldn't fight the sea.

Miyako began blushing as Hyron walked up and grabbed her hands, looking at them. Tides, who was this Hwind? She sat their frozen while he examined her hands but pulled away as he spoke. 

"Nowhere I can't handle." Miyako declared. She smothered her blush and turned to Yerik. "Let's start your training. We have to use this times stuck in here for something."

Hyron put their hands on their hips. "You can't train very well if you're injured. You have rope burns, and definitely at least 1 sprained ankle. I can help. Let me help."

17 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

A woman in the group peered at her, seeming less than fully aware. Odd words came out of her mouth, but she didn't quite seem drunk.

"Are you okay?" Sahala asked uncertainly.

"I'm . . . fiiiiii-" Whist started to say.

17 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh frowned. "She has a head injury of some kind. Its why we are heading to the inn." She gestures to the police lady. "She also probably had a head injury."

"When we . . . get inside . . . and wait for the sun . . . when it rises, I can  . . . heal us," Whist tried to talk slowly to make sure all the words got out.

She hadn't been able to heal Fiadh's legs earlier because the sun had been setting, and that had put a damper on her powers. Luckily, healing was a strength of hers, and once the sun rose she would definitely be able to heal all three of them. More powerful star mages could use the power of their chosen celestial body even when it wasn't in the sky, but she hadn't gotten to that point yet. Her healing would probably bring the officers memory back, but that was alright. The poor woman needed to get back to her life, and she could probably get Larsik to clear Nayka and her of charges (he may be a doofus but he was still her friend). Whist was definitely feeling guilty for bonking her on the head, but at least Nayka was safe.

Try not to post twice in a row, that's generally sort of against the rules a little bit? It's fine, just edit your post before.

Oh! Were you posting again so it let the people know who were being tagged?

Sorry! I was trying to edit the tags, but I clicked the wrong option and it showed up twice, I think I've fixed it so hopefully its okay. Thanks for telling me!

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron put their hands on their hips. "You can't train very well if you're injured. You have rope burns, and definitely at least 1 sprained ankle. I can help. Let me help."

Miyako folded her arms, defiant.

"I've walked off a broken leg, I've trained in crippling pain. I've survived this far on my own. I don't need your help." Miyako said, staring Hyron down, daring him.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako folded her arms, defiant.

"I've walked off a broken leg, I've trained in crippling pain. I've survived this far on my own. I don't need your help." Miyako said, staring Hyron down, daring him.

Hyron put their hand to their mouth and gently breathed out onto it. A pale blue mist coallesced around their hand, and they stepped over to Miyako.

Ignoring Miyako's glare, they take her hands and spread the Breath over the rope burns. The angry red burns faded into nothing, and Miyako noticed a sensation like dipping her hands in cool water.

Hyron then made a very small 'O' with their mouth, and breathed out, short and quick. A line of pale blue Breath traveled down to Miyako's ankle, wrapping around it and then being absorbed as it mended the sprain.

Hyron looked up at Miyako, blushed, then turned and walked a short distance away. "You're welcome."

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron put their hand to their mouth and gently breathed out onto it. A pale blue mist coallesced around their hand, and they stepped over to Miyako.

Ignoring Miyako's glare, they take her hands and spread the Breath over the rope burns. The angry red burns faded into nothing, and Miyako noticed a sensation like dipping her hands in cool water.

Hyron then made a very small 'O' with their mouth, and breathed out, short and quick. A line of pale blue Breath traveled down to Miyako's ankle, wrapping around it and then being absorbed as it mended the sprain.

Hyron looked up at Miyako, blushed, then turned and walked a short distance away. "You're welcome."

Miyako set her mouth in a hard line. You couldn't just walk up and heal someone without permission! And why did she want him to do it? Tides! This was a mess.

Confused, Miyako choose the simplest option. She ignored it. She spared Hyron a glare and then turned to Yerik. "Let's start your training."

6 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako set her mouth in a hard line. You couldn't just walk up and heal someone without permission! And why did she want him to do it? Tides! This was a mess.

Confused, Miyako choose the simplest option. She ignored it. She spared Hyron a glare and then turned to Yerik. "Let's start your training."

Hyron turned, stuck their fingers into their wrist pouch, and shot a vine at Yerik. "Think fast." They said.

@xinoehp512

34 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron turned, stuck their fingers into their wrist pouch, and shot a vine at Yerik. "Think fast." They said.

@xinoehp512

If Hyron is a few feet away:

Yerik's shield popped up, cutting off his yelp and stopping the vine in its tracks.

If Hyron is closer:

The vine punched Yerik in the face before he had time to react, knocking him backwards.

"Ow," he said.

18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The vine punched Yerik in the face before he had time to react, knocking him backwards.

"Ow," he said.

17 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked. "Not great reflexes. We can work on that later."

Miyako scowled at Hyron.

"We need to work on your knife fighting first. You can't fight if you can't attack."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik perked up. "Alright!" He scrambled to his feet, pulling out his knife. "How do I attack?"

Hyron stepped forward, an idea forming in their head. "I have an idea. For it to work, I have a question. Are you able to move your shields after you've created them? Like, could you create a spinning disk shield that you can fire like a projectile?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik perked up. "Alright!" He scrambled to his feet, pulling out his knife. "How do I attack?"

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron stepped forward, an idea forming in their head. "I have an idea. For it to work, I have a question. Are you able to move your shields after you've created them? Like, could you create a spinning disk shield that you can fire like a projectile?"

Miyako paused, thinking.

"That could be easier for you to learn and it would help you progress faster. Could you do that?"

15 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Yerik scratched his head. "Uh... maybe? I kind of think maybe not, though. I mean, I can move the shields, but I don't think they push on things very well."

24 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron shook his head. "I don't need it to push. I need it to cut. Can you create a shield, put it on a horizontal plane, then shoot it forward to cut things?"

Yerik shook his head. "No. The shields aren't a solid thing, not really. They're more of a wall of force."

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik shook his head. "No. The shields aren't a solid thing, not really. They're more of a wall of force."

"Well, I guess that's what I get for expecting it of such a thing."

Hyron nodded to Miyako and Yerik. "I'll just watch, I guess."