Channelknight Fadran

*sigh*
Here, I’ll copy what I put into the google doc:

• Each magic system uses a certain type of energy to cast spells. You can’t (generally) use energy from one system to fuel another.

• Magic energy comes from a variety of sources and are used in a variety of ways. Hereditary systems convert regular body energy into magical energy (because DNA and scud), while initiated magic has an external source that uses the body as a conduit.

• Inherited magic is almost always a direct 1:1. The amount of energy you have dictates the amount of energy you give off. Your energy storage is limited, but closer and more efficient. For example, Essence magic drains you physically whenever you use it.

• Initiated magic generally taps into a greater source and uses a tiny fraction of it. Starshaping draws upon a massive well of power (space), but is limited by how little of that energy the user has access to (think of a person in a massive lake of kool-aid: they technically have kool-aid for days, but can only drink the bits that are nearby).

• No container for magic is completely efficient, and will always inevitably leak over time. No magical energy can be stored forever, though some vessels are of course more efficient than others. Generally speaking, the more magic you have the more you leak (because that’s how math works), though magical people who grow more powerful also tend to become better at containing their magic.

"Um, we have a little bit left. Our rations are running low. We should really go restock."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance’s Lesson Four (four?) was explaining that last concept as a way to sense what kind of wizard another person is

Lesson six, technically.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“No. Antin: we’re going hunting!” He glanced over at Quest. “And uhhh… this guy can eat the rest of our old rations… or something.”

Quest frowned. "I am going to find a nearby town and resupply. You can't just live off of meat Vance. Kealie, would you like to accompany me?"

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“No. Antin: we’re going hunting!” He glanced over at Quest. “And uhhh… this guy can eat the rest of our old rations… or something.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

"Hunting? I..." Antin looked very uncomfortable. "With what?"

15 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest frowned. "I am going to find a nearby town and resupply. You can't just live off of meat Vance. Kealie, would you like to accompany me?"

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“There aren’t any villages for fifteen miles in every direction,” Vance interrupted. “And I wasn’t planning to live off just meat, Quest. If you want to help try digging around the roots of those short yellow-ish trees: you’ll find some tasty root veggies there.”

“We should make for a town anyway,” Kealie suggested. “The festival is coming up fast.”

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

“There’s a room with lots of spears down the hall.”

On 11/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, Mr. Misting said:

Quest nodded, pushing up his glasses. He then paused, realizing something. "How do we learn to do it? We only have, umm, three people with a magical signature."

Miyako glanced over at Yerik, surprise coloring her face. It had taken months to learn this and she had been called a prodigy. Miyako wouldn't be surprised if he told her he had be training for over a year. Tides, maybe this acolyte had some talent after all. 

Miyako slid between moves, lingering on each one for only a moment. She was the calm of morning dew on leaves, the unceasing movement of a stream. The inevitable power of a waterfall and the peace of a unbroken lake. Miyako was whole.

She lost herself to the cycle, but was abruptly forced out as she reached the end. She paused disorientated and breathing hard. She pushed her hair back and turned to Yerik. Hopefully she hadn't lost him.

"How was that, acolyte?" Miyako said grinning.

"Awesome," replied Yerik, unable to keep a grin matching Miyako's off his face.

20 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The creature begins flying, up and up and up.

The frosty air chills Annimus's breath and only his fur keeps his skin from burning away in the bitter cold wind. Slamming his claw under the scaly skin of the creatures leg. Yanking down he causes the creature to lose altitude and its grip on him. A small ammount of friction is generated, and heat begins to blossom around Annimus. Looking up he sees the creature preparing a firery attack.

Oh tree roots.

You're in it really bad now.

A vibrant red beam blasts into Annimus, propelling him to the ground.

Roaring, "AHHHHH, GGGGRRRRRRRRR." Annimus falls, speeding up. "WHOOOOOOOOOOMMMBB!"

Armor shattered and wounded, he staggers a few steps towards the woods and falls unconcious on the road side.

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

"Whoa!" Anikel declared, slowing his horse to a halt.

15 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

4 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Yep! And they might even be cursed!"

“We should make for a town anyway,” Kealie suggested. “The festival is coming up fast.”

"We've still got, like... a week or two." Vance totally hadn't forgotten what day it was. "Enough time for us to explore this creepy cursed mansion a bit, at least."

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yep! And they might even be cursed!"

"We've still got, like... a week or two." Vance totally hadn't forgotten what day it was. "Enough time for us to explore this creepy cursed mansion a bit, at least."

“Um, I don’t really wanna eat roots the whole time.”

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Um, I don’t really wanna eat roots the whole time.”

"Umm, I'll eat roots to spend more time in this mansion. This is a treasure trove, I'm learning so much!" Quest said resolute. "Let's stay here as long as possible before the festival."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Awesome," replied Yerik, unable to keep a grin matching Miyako's off his face.

23 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Miyako smiled back and swiveled to Hyron, "Do ya want to join us or just keep standing there, staring at us?"

Edited by Mr. Misting

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Umm, I'll eat roots to spend more time in this mansion. This is a treasure trove, I'm learning so much!" Quest said resolute. "Let's stay here as long as possible before the festival."

Miyako smiled back and swiveled to Hyron, "Do ya want to join us or just keep standing there, staring at us?"

Kealie garbled in protest, then “Fine”d, harrumphed, and told Eej to go find her a nice room while she sat here and sulked.

Kealie actually quite enjoyed sulking.

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You will when you get them in my stew."

"Oh. Ok. Should I go now?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
im dumb

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Unless you have chocolate. Or stay anyway. I’m bored. We could fight.”

"I have zero offensive capabilities."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yessir. The sooner we get going, the better."

"Alrighty." Antin began walking down the hall.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Umm, ok. Have fun hunting." Quest gags inside. "Kealie, would you like to help me decode the runes? It's fascinating stuff."

“Sure. I won’t be any good, though.” She walked over and touched a rune, tracing it with her finger.

14 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Sure. I won’t be any good, though.” She walked over and touched a rune, tracing it with her finger.

"Why?" Quest asked, pushing up his glasses. "Any help is better then no help." Quest was perplexed. Did someone not want to spend hours pouring over meaningless symbols?

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Why?" Quest asked, pushing up his glasses. "Any help is better then no help." Quest was perplexed. Did someone not want to spend hours pouring over meaningless symbols?

“Maybe. I just don’t know runes.” She examines it carefully. “It looks like a cat.”

Thw rune shifted into a perfect picture of a cat.

Kealie groaned. “Oops. I won’t do that again, promise.”