Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Umm, ok. Have fun hunting." Quest gags inside. "Kealie, would you like to help me decode the runes? It's fascinating stuff."

Antin entered the room full of spears. Shivering slightly, he gingerly lifted one into his hands. Immediately, he felt himself convulse and lost his grip on the spear, dropping it. As clattered to the floor, it hit another spear, which fell and hit another, and so on until about half of the spears in the room had fallen over with a cacophonous series of crashed that was almost certainly heard around for a mile.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

14 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako smiled back and swiveled to Hyron, "Do ya want to join us or just keep standing there, staring at us?"

Hyron suppressed a blush, instead awkwardly walking over. "Alright," They said, "Walk me through it."

On 11/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Sahala watched the sun peek over the horizon through the window of the inn. It was so odd, how the yellow sun made so many colors that were so distant from the yellow. She'd never understand how nature could be so effortlessly beautiful when everything she ever tried seemed to fail.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:18 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Do what?” Kealie Reentered the room, holding a king coiled chain with a knife on the end. Eej slunk along beside her. “Look, I found a morningknife! I didn’t know people had them here.”

Nayka, down in the lobby, sat on a wooden bench at a table. Odd that the officer didn’t remember her at all… lucky, yes, but odd.

It made her cheekbone itch. The left one, where her senses were centered. Buka had helped her figure it out. 

Before, of course, he fell in love and left and… well, she assumed he’d gotten dead.

Whist sat down next to Nayka in the inn's main room. It served both as a lobby and a dining room. A staircase on the far left wall led to an upstairs, which was probably where the rooms were. The back wall had a bar/kitchen area, separated from the rest of the room with a counter. The remaining floor space was filled with large round tables and benches.  It was mostly empty--probably due to the early hour, and the innkeeper washing dishes behind the counter didn't seem to have noticed them. 

The sun started to rise through the large front windows. Whist had always loved sunrises, but being a Star mage made the experience even better. She felt the suns energy rush through her like a cool wave, and she relaxed. She got the sense that everything would be okay, despite her foolish mistakes. Whist felt a little old to have acted so naively, but she had led a more sheltered life. Hopefully this trip would give her the wisdom and experience she obviously lacked.

Pushing the energy within her towards her head, she started to feel it heal. The throbbing dissipated and the room came into focus. She even felt the scrape on her head close. 

Energized and refreshed she moved over to Fiadh, and started healing her legs. She'd do the officer next.

Welcome back Halcy!!

Also, should my healing bring the officers memories back? Whist will probably heal her either way. Where do you plan on going with this?

Edited by justice_magician

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance grabbed a bow and quiver of arrows off the wall, about seventy-two percent sure that they wouldn't reanimate and try to kill him later.

I think you missed most recent post: It's at the top of this page.

16 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin entered the room full of spears. Shivering slightly, he gingerly lifted one into his hands. Immediately, he felt himself convulse and lost his grip on the spear, dropping it. As clattered to the floor, it hit another spear, which fell and hit another, and so on until about half of the spears in the room had fallen over with a cacophonous series of crashed that was almost certainly heard around for a mile.

"DoGONNIT -"

Vance grabbed Antin and started dragging him out of the room. "QUEST! GOT ANY... ANTI-CURSE MAGIC??"

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"DoGONNIT -"

Vance grabbed Antin and started dragging him out of the room. "QUEST! GOT ANY... ANTI-CURSE MAGIC??"

A thing for Vance to potentially consider: If it was cursed, the curse would have at least been mitigated by Antin's ability.

I don't know if you saw it, but I posted a character update on the planning thread. Antin has a phobia of handling weapons. So that's why he dropped it, not because of a curse.

"No, sorry. That was probably my fault."

Oh. Oops.

Allow me to take yet another post back.

16 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Vance raised an eyebrow. "You good?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm." Vance crossed his arms. "On second thought, you stay here with Quest. Kealie, you're coming with me instead."

@The Halcyon Girl

"I... okay." Antin left the room hurriedly to find Quest.

@Mr. Misting

Vance watched him walk off, tapping his wrist with his arms crossed. He'd been hoping to figure out what kind of person this Antin was himself, but figured that of all other people here, Quest could probably get a good read on him. Besides: the two of them would probably be more useful towards all these curses and such than the likes of Kealie.

He grabbed a pair of bows and two quivers of arrows, giving one set to the crazy vine lady. "Let's get skedoodin'."

@The Halcyon Girl

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

On 11/14/2022 at 7:31 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron suppressed a blush, instead awkwardly walking over. "Alright," They said, "Walk me through it."

Miyako slid into the first stretch, exaggerating the motions for Hyron. She beckoned for Yerik to try it again.

@CalanoCorvus@xinoehp512

On 11/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin arrived in the room that Quest was working in. "Hello. I'm here to help you out, I guess." His black eyes focused intently on the runes. "What are those?"

@Mr. Misting

Quest was sitting on the ground, papers sprawled out around him. His cloak, staff and bag were left in a pile to the side, revealing his arms, covered in red and green tattoos. He was leaned forwards towards the wall, scribbling on more pieces of paper when Antin walked in. 

"Oh, umm, hello Antin." Quest said, realizing he had a visitor. A small smile bloomed on his face. "Would you be willing to help me with, umm, wonderful jumble of notes." He stood up, displacing several of his papers. Quest should really get those organized. "Right now, I'm trying to decode the runes here. They are of arcane nature but I feel like I have some semblance of progress."

Growing animated Quest continued. "If we could read the runes we could understand the workings of the mansion. Imagine what we could do!"

@The Aspiring Archivist

5 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest was sitting on the ground, papers sprawled out around him. His cloak, staff and bag were left in a pile to the side, revealing his arms, covered in red and green tattoos. He was leaned forwards towards the wall, scribbling on more pieces of paper when Antin walked in. 

"Oh, umm, hello Antin." Quest said, realizing he had a visitor. A small smile bloomed on his face. "Would you be willing to help me with, umm, wonderful jumble of notes." He stood up, displacing several of his papers. Quest should really get those organized. "Right now, I'm trying to decode the runes here. They are of arcane nature but I feel like I have some semblance of progress."

Growing animated Quest continued. "If we could read the runes we could understand the workings of the mansion. Imagine what we could do!"

@The Aspiring Archivist

"So decode as in figure out what they say or figure out what they do?" He picked up a few sheets of notes. "This is... something. I'm not really much of a scholar, though."

What type of stuff is on the pages?

4 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What type of stuff is on the pages?

So the runes are magic script circles that power different functions in the house. The pages are mostly Quest copying down script circles from around the house and trying to find overlapping characters and patterns. A ton of the pages also have notes and speculation for what runes might be saying. The problem is: Quest doesn't really know what he's doing. He is not a linguistic expert. 

One really useful thing Antin could do would be to disrupt certain parts of script circles and then see how that changes the magic's effect.

11 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako slid into the first stretch, exaggerating the motions for Hyron. She beckoned for Yerik to try it again.

@CalanoCorvus@xinoehp512

Hyron clumsily attempted the stretch, sliding into the motions. They tried to envision a tree, a sapling, slowly growing from the ground.

Slowly strengthening itself, bit by bit. Hyron looked at Miyako, expecting feedback.. or something.

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron clumsily attempted the stretch, sliding into the motions. They tried to envision a tree, a sapling, slowly growing from the ground.

Slowly strengthening itself, bit by bit. Hyron looked at Miyako, expecting feedback.. or something.

Miyako gave no such feedback, she was back into the motion of the cycle. Her eyes were closed as she slid through the motions.

Even though Miyako loves to help people learn she is a terrible teacher.

59 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What do the runes look like? Do you have anything in mind for what would happen in Antin picked one up?

The runes are writing on the wall that are like magical currents through the house. Most are in circles and if the runes are glowing red that means power is moving through them. 

They runes are just conductors and programming for the magic energy that powers that house. If you touched runes that would disrupt the circles and change the channeling or effects that the circle outputs. Does that make sense?

Edited by Mr. Misting

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako gave no such feedback, she was back into the motion of the cycle. Her eyes were closed as she slid through the motions.

Hyron frowned, then glared at Miyako. They then decided to copy what Miyako was doing.

Clumsily, they did so, not-so-fluidly going through the motions. There were a couple instances where Hyron had to fire a stabilizing vine to prevent themselves from falling over, purely so Miyako could continue their stretches without interference.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Randomly, Antin went up to one of the runes that was glowing red, toucihng it lightly with his index finger. Instantly, the rune dimmed. Antin put his whole hand on the rune, and it went out completely.

"I don't know what that did."

37 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Randomly, Antin went up to one of the runes that was glowing red, toucihng it lightly with his index finger. Instantly, the rune dimmed. Antin put his whole hand on the rune, and it went out completely.

"I don't know what that did."

As Antin touched one of the glowing runes, it dimmed causing the rest of the line to flicker and grow weaker.

As Antin placed his hand on the script, the line went out, losing all of it's glow. 

As there had been in every room, the wall here had a glowing red torch that was set into a torch scone. As Antin disrupted the circle the torch was snuffed out, leaving the room set in darkness, except for a few glowing runes scattered across the room.

Quest jumped back in shock, tripping over his papers. "Fascinating", he thought, "this will be so helpful."

"Wow. Umm, Antin? Could you please turn on the lights?"

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron frowned, then glared at Miyako. They then decided to copy what Miyako was doing.

Clumsily, they did so, not-so-fluidly going through the motions. There were a couple instances where Hyron had to fire a stabilizing vine to prevent themselves from falling over, purely so Miyako could continue their stretches without interference.

As much as I love messing with Hyron, I think it might be time to shake things up. With the storm going on, how do we feel about a shipwreck?

@xinoehp512@CalanoCorvus

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

As Antin touched one of the glowing runes, it dimmed causing the rest of the line to flicker and grow weaker.

As Antin placed his hand on the script, the line went out, losing all of it's glow. 

As there had been in every room, the wall here had a glowing red torch that was set into a torch scone. As Antin disrupted the circle the torch was snuffed out, leaving the room set in darkness, except for a few glowing runes scattered across the room.

Quest jumped back in shock, tripping over his papers. "Fascinating", he thought, "this will be so helpful."

"Wow. Umm, Antin? Could you please turn on the lights?"

Antin took his hand off of the rune. Immediately, the light of the rune and the lights in the room returned to normal.