Channelknight Fadran

On 11/19/2022 at 8:58 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

“The gods do not treat lightly those who spurn others in need.”

"The gods also like to murder people for no reason, and one seems to want you three dead."

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

17 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

hehe Sahala got very distracted. If I'm ever inactive on this thread, mention me and I'll probably come back.

Sorry!! I'll try to remember to tag you in the future if that helps

5 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

"No, ummm, sorry that was unclear. I can heal whenever you get down from the stairs. Once your up there I can't do anything."

"Live with anyone?" Miyako asked, sheathing her sword.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron blinked at the small child.

Then they strode forward and picked up the child, who was very very lightweight.

"Why do you live alone in the forest?" Hyron asked.

@xinoehp512 @Mr. Misting

Fallen Leaf squirmed at Hyron's grip, attempting to escape. "I don't live by myself! I live in the village."

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"The gods also like to murder people for no reason, and one seems to want you three dead."

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

Anikel frowned. "What?"

42 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Ok. Do you think that that rune will turn back on when I go past it?"

Quest thought for a moment, "I think until we find what powers these runes they will naturally recharge."

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron blinked at the small child.

Then they strode forward and picked up the child, who was very very lightweight.

"Why do you live alone in the forest?" Hyron asked.

@xinoehp512 @Mr. Misting

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Fallen Leaf squirmed at Hyron's grip, attempting to escape. "I don't live by myself! I live in the village."

Miyako raised an eyebrow, and crossed her arms, "The village?"

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Do you think that we could find that power source before trying to navigate the active traps?"

Quest shrugged. "I don't really know, I don't see any source in this room. It would have to be further into the house, right?"

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yep! There's a WHOLE lotta people there."

"Would ya take us there?" 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest shrugged. "I don't really know, I don't see any source in this room. It would have to be further into the house, right?"

"I guess so." He paused, looking thoughtful. "Do you think I could somehow use channeled magic to somehow get past the traps?"

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Sure!" Fallen Leaf scampered off.

After a few minutes of travelling, the group arrived at the village. Fallen Leaf stopped and gestured proudly. "Here it is!"

At first glance, it seemed surprisingly large, more like a small city than a village. The village was situated on the banks of the river that the trio had been following, with a water-powered mill with smoke pouring out of the chimney. Looking around, however, it was clear that said chimney was in the minority. Very few of the houses the group passed seemed to be occupied- in fact, they seemed somewhat run down. Near the edge of the forest, several had even been broken down by steady natural growth.

Hyron blinked as the child squirmed out of their grip and scampered off towards this.. village.

When they arrived, Hyron was slightly stunned at how.. well put together but also dilapidated it was.

"Huh." Hyron said, then they turned to Miyako. "Does the.. Does the World know this place exists?"

@Mr. Misting

Edited by CalanoCorvus

14 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron blinked as the child squirmed out of their grip and scampered off towards this.. village.

When they arrived, Hyron was slightly stunned at how.. well put together but also dilapidated it was.

"Huh." Hyron said, then they turned to Miyako. "Does the.. Does the World know this place exists?"

@Mr. Misting

"No," breathed Yerik, staring out at the buildings. "No, we had no idea..."

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron thought for a minute, then said, "What are the people like? How long have they been here?"

Fallen Leaf wrinkled his brow. "Uhhh... forever?"

From the village came a shout. A woman came running towards the group, breathless. Her face filled with relief when she saw Fallen Leaf, "There you are," she said, panting. "Where have you been? We've been looking all over for..."

She trailed off, noticing who Fallen Leaf had brought back with him. Her face creased with worry. "Who are you?" she asked, an edge to her voice.

35 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

@Mr. Misting

Miyako shrugged uncommittedly. 

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Fallen Leaf wrinkled his brow. "Uhhh... forever?"

From the village came a shout. A woman came running towards the group, breathless. Her face filled with relief when she saw Fallen Leaf, "There you are," she said, panting. "Where have you been? We've been looking all over for..."

She trailed off, noticing who Fallen Leaf had brought back with him. Her face creased with worry. "Who are you?" she asked, an edge to her voice.

"Shipwreck. Ya got a way off this island?"

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako shrugged uncommittedly. 

"Shipwreck. Ya got a way off this island?"

The woman hesitated, glancing back and forth between the three strangers.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron elbowed Miyako. "What my companion says is mostly true, although she can be quite rude. We shipwrecked here a little ways off, and we're just searching for a way off. May I ask your name?"

@xinoehp512

Her gaze hardened suddenly. "Lethe!" she barked. "Reveal yourself!"

Her gaze bored into them, searching for... something. After a moment, Yerik coughed. "Uh... is something supposed to happen?"

The woman relaxed. "Not if you are who you say you are." Her expression grew pensive. "You say you're looking for a way to leave?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The woman hesitated, glancing back and forth between the three strangers.

Her gaze hardened suddenly. "Lethe!" she barked. "Reveal yourself!"

Her gaze bored into them, searching for... something. After a moment, Yerik coughed. "Uh... is something supposed to happen?"

The woman relaxed. "Not if you are who you say you are." Her expression grew pensive. "You say you're looking for a way to leave?"

Miyako grunted in confirmation. It certainly was fun to play into stereotypes.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron nodded, wondering what a 'lethey' was..

"Yes. Rather quickly. Either a way to repair our ship, or get off some other way."

@xinoehp512

The woman sighed. "Oh, child. If only it were as easy as you think." Her gaze floated upwards, towards one of the rocks floating in the sky. She sighed again, and scooped Fallen Leaf up onto her shoulders. "Perhaps if your ship had not been broken... but it is too late now. The Queen has surely learned of your arrival, and she will not let you escape."