Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron placed a hand on Miyako's shoulder, turning her to face them.

"Mi-" Hyron caught themselves before saying Miyako's name, then took a deep breath. "Think about it. If we take them out now, the Queen will know we're coming. Better to at least think she doesn't know."

"We have a chance here. If we kill them and get to the castle, she will be expecting a us to be calmly walking over, taking our time and such. That's our window. Strike when she thinks she is safe. Attack where they ain't looking."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"We have a chance here. If we kill them and get to the castle, she will be expecting a us to be calmly walking over, taking our time and such. That's our window. Strike when she thinks she is safe. Attack where they ain't looking."

Hyron looked at Miyako, trying to see how she thought this was a good idea. "Please don't try to be a hero. We still don't know anything. We should at least find out. Don't let the thrill of the fight overtake you like a thorned vine.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron looked at Miyako, trying to see how she thought this was a good idea. "Please don't try to be a hero. We still don't know anything. We should at least find out. Don't let the thrill of the fight overtake you like a thorned vine.

Miyako threw off Hyron's arm, turning away from them. "Fine." She spat out. "Go like a lamb to the slaughter. I'm not stopping you." Miyako began walking back towards their cottage.

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

"Hey!" Hyron shouted, walking towards Miyako and grabbing her arm, "I'm trying to save your damn life! Why do you not get that? What don't you understand about it?"

@Ookla the Kobold

Miyako shoved them away, shouting back. "Who said I need your help? I get by just fine on my own. I've fought for my life for years and lived fine without you!" Miyako raised her sword but paused, and lowered it again. She shook her head and screamed, stomping away.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron stood there, fuming.

Then they did something very unexpected, irrational, and stupid.

They strode after Miyako, grabbed her arm, twisted her towards them,

And kissed her.

@Ookla the Kobold

I don't know what I expected you to respond with. It wasn't that.

Miyako was spun around but before she could stab however it was, Hyron was kissing her. She stood there fuming, wanted to both melt into them and stab them. She went with what she knew best.

Miyako punched Hyron across the face and after stepping back she launched a kick into his side. Her face was red with rampant emotions. She breathed hard, lips tingling from his kiss. 

Tides.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako was spun around but before she could stab however it was, Hyron was kissing her. She stood there fuming, wanted to both melt into them and stab them. She went with what she knew best.

Miyako punched Hyron across the face and after stepping back she launched a kick into his side. Her face was red with rampant emotions. She breathed hard, lips tingling from his kiss. 

Tides.

I'm very good at responding unexpectedly :]

Also, remember, Hyron is mostly feminine, but doesn't like gendered pronouns. (or gender)

Hyron crumpled, breathing hard, face gleaming with a furious blush.

Eh, you deserved that, they thought to themselves.

They grinned, despite themselves, and looked up.

"You don't get it," They wheezed, "You don't get it. You need to get it, but you don't."

They struggled to stand, but eventually stood.

"I've known you not that long, and already I'm... feeling something for you." They said, and reached out to touch Miyako's cheek, then recoiled at her glare.

"But," They wheezed, Breathing out to help numb her bruises, "I don't know about you. And you're an idiot. And you do stupid stuff. But this," Hyron said, gesturing to Miyako, "This will get you killed. And Stalks, but I won't be able to live with that."

Hyron sat back down, breathing heavily. They Breathed onto their hands and spread it across their face, helping take the sting away from Miyako's punch.

59 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

The man stepped back slightly, a faint look of displeasure on his face. "The Queen awaits your acceptance," he stated, his voice dangerously soft.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

I'm very good at responding unexpectedly :]

Also, remember, Hyron is mostly feminine, but doesn't like gendered pronouns. (or gender)

Hyron crumpled, breathing hard, face gleaming with a furious blush.

Eh, you deserved that, they thought to themselves.

They grinned, despite themselves, and looked up.

"You don't get it," They wheezed, "You don't get it. You need to get it, but you don't."

They struggled to stand, but eventually stood.

"I've known you not that long, and already I'm... feeling something for you." They said, and reached out to touch Miyako's cheek, then recoiled at her glare.

"But," They wheezed, Breathing out to help numb her bruises, "I don't know about you. And you're an idiot. And you do stupid stuff. But this," Hyron said, gesturing to Miyako, "This will get you killed. And Stalks, but I won't be able to live with that."

Hyron sat back down, breathing heavily. They Breathed onto their hands and spread it across their face, helping take the sting away from Miyako's punch.

Sorry I keep forgetting. I'm trying to do better, but my mental picture of Hyron is making that hard. Also speaking of responding unexpectedly.....Miyako is about to make some very poor choices. Miyako is not the most emotionally stable :)

Miyako stumbled back as if hit. She fell back, head awhirl with to many emotions to count.

Hyron..

did they...

what?! 
Miyako gasped, drawing in deep breaths of air, trying to calm the storm in her mind. She stared towards Hyron, blood pounding in her ears. She screamed again, grounding her palms into her forehead, blocking out what they had just said. Everything that was happening.

A distant buzzing registered as the Queen's men talking. Miyako just wanted all of it to go away. A distant thumping whispered at the edge of Miyako's mind; a second heart beating in time with her own. She had kept it locked away, smothering out it's corrosive calls. Blocking out the alluring call to let it all go. She had seen what it could do. What it had done to her. She had made a promise, a vow of blood and tears against it.

But, all Miyako saw was light in her Shadow. The void was better then the hurt she now felt. With both arms outstretched Miyako reached out for the Shadow.

A cold wind blew through Miyako, washing away all the foolish emotions that had been screaming inside her head. All was quiet. 

Miyako picked up her hat and stood, slipping the hat back on. Wisps of darkness began to roll off of Miyako, dissipating in the air. A mantle of gloom and death hung over Miyako like a silent shroud. Her eyes where as endless pits of night, nightmares come out for blood. 

Miyako raised her sword high, pointing it towards the Queen's men. All was simple now, clean cut as it should be. It was all so clear.

Miyako stood like a statue. "The Queen is denied." She opened her waterskin and a stream of water slid out, circling Miyako.

In a storm of liquid steel, Miyako struck.

*Clears throat* So um...yeah. Have fun with that.

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako stumbled back as if hit. She fell back, head awhirl with to many emotions to count.

Hyron..

did they...

what?! 
Miyako gasped, drawing in deep breaths of air, trying to calm the storm in her mind. She stared towards Hyron, blood pounding in her ears. She screamed again, grounding her palms into her forehead, blocking out what they had just said. Everything that was happening.

A distant buzzing registered as the Queen's men talking. Miyako just wanted all of it to go away. A distant thumping whispered at the edge of Miyako's mind; a second heart beating in time with her own. She had kept it locked away, smothering out it's corrosive calls. Blocking out the alluring call to let it all go. She had seen what it could do. What it had done to her. She had made a promise, a vow of blood and tears against it.

But, all Miyako saw was light in her Shadow. The void was better then the hurt she now felt. With both arms outstretched Miyako reached out for the Shadow.

A cold wind blew through Miyako, washing away all the foolish emotions that had been screaming inside her head. All was quiet. 

Miyako picked up her hat and stood, slipping the hat back on. Wisps of darkness began to roll off of Miyako, dissipating in the air. A mantle of gloom and death hung over Miyako like a silent shroud. Her eyes where as endless pits of night, nightmares come out for blood. 

Miyako raised her sword high, pointing it towards the Queen's men. All was simple now, clean cut as it should be. It was all so clear.

Miyako stood like a statue. "The Queen is denied." She opened her waterskin and a stream of water slid out, circling Miyako.

In a storm of liquid steel, Miyako struck.

Oh, I will. ;)

In the blink of an eye, the white-and-gold clothing of the soldiers melted and shifted, transforming into gleaming armor. With calm fury they stepped towards Miyako, moving to surround her with their swords.

The man who had spoken - the one Miyako had lunged at - drew his sword and effortlessly parried Miyako's thrust in a single fluid movement.

Oh also: while the Shadow enhances Miyako's reflexes, strength, speed, etc, it's main use is draining magic. 

In a blink Miyako struck again at the man, while her stream, a concentrated arrow of water, shot at his head.

22 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance thumbed back towards the way they came. "So you know how I was talking about all that 'never fight someone in their own domain' stuff? Lesson... two, I think?"

“I do remember that. Before that point, I thought you had lost your mind.”

Eej coiled up her arm.

28 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

In a blink Miyako struck again at the man, while her stream, a concentrated arrow of water, shot at his head.

The man moved confidently, but as their blades clashed, he faltered. The stream of water caught him on the side of his helmet, knocking him to the side.

Meanwhile, Yerik had put his shield up. The warriors attempting to come at Miyako from behind found their way blocked by an invisible wall.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

The man moved confidently, but as their blades clashed, he faltered. The stream of water caught him on the side of his helmet, knocking him to the side.

Meanwhile, Yerik had put his shield up. The warriors attempting to come at Miyako from behind found their way blocked by an invisible wall.

As the man was knocked to the side, Miyako leapt forward. She touched the man, draining him with her Shadow.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

As the man was knocked to the side, Miyako leapt forward. She touched the man, draining him with her Shadow.

Miyako's energy entered the man, washing... something away. His eyes widened suddenly and he gasped. "Where- what?" He clutched his head, staggering to his knees.

Then, just as abruptly, a wave of power slammed into Miyako's Shadow, forcefully ejecting it from her opponent. The man stood back up, panting, eyes seething with anger. "You dare-" he spat. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Miyako's energy entered the man, washing... something away. His eyes widened suddenly and he gasped. "Where- what?" He clutched his head, staggering to his knees.

Then, just as abruptly, a wave of power slammed into Miyako's Shadow, forcefully ejecting it from her opponent. The man stood back up, panting, eyes seething with anger. "You dare-" he spat. 

I'm assuming the helmet has a visor?

Miyako shot the stream through the man's visor, into his head. She turned to the rest of the men. Her face was hard, cold, emotionless. The face of a killer.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

“Well… I mean, you could probably do that too, but I was talking about the domain thing.”

“Oh! You mean create advantages for myself.” Kealie shrugged. “Maybe. I don’t have much control, though.”