Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

What sort of energy?

Some of the energy that powers his armor. I'm don't exactly have what it does planned out and it would take quite some time before it's evident, but it would change Heartfire, possibly making her an Omnivore, coat pattern would change, perhaps a little bit of armor, maybe minor fangs. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron hissed through their teeth, gripping their head in their hands.

Your fault...

How could you do this?

No. Coming. Back

"No," They said through gritted teeth, "I've messed up, I caused this, I've turned Mi- her, into that."

Yerik opened his mouth, at a loss for words.

"It's not your fault," he managed at last.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Alright. So how do you make these runes work, anyway?"

"Yes! Umm, we write the runes into a script that commands the energy that I provide and we get, umm, the effect detailed by the script circle. 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

With a clang, the woman's sword was flung out of her grip. She gasped, falling to the ground.

Her hat was blown off by the impact. She would get it soon enough. Miyako calmy walked over to the women and swung her sword at her head.

Can Miyako just kill the rest of them, as they are stuck in vines and all that.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"Yes! Umm, we write the runes into a script that commands the energy that I provide and we get, umm, the effect detailed by the script circle. 

"Got it." Antin took a second sheet of paper and overlayed it on the one with the rune. Carefully tracing it this time, he came up with a tidy set of runes. "We'll I can't help. Do your thing."

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Her hat was blown off by the impact. She would get it soon enough. Miyako calmy walked over to the women and swung her sword at her head.

For just a moment before the blade landed, an expression of confusion and despair flickered across the woman's face.

The wrapped soldiers froze, trying not to attract attention.

Go ahead.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

For just a moment before the blade landed, an expression of confusion and despair flickered across the woman's face.

The wrapped soldiers froze, trying not to attract attention.

Miyako walked back towards the vines, a serene calm on her face. A cold wind blew away all conflict in her mind, Miyako knew what she needed to do.

Miyako strolled towards the captive guards. She flicked out her sword, each strike ending a life. Blood splattered her clothes. Miyako felt nothing. Why would she feel bad for doing what she needed to be done? Her Shadow lent her direction, pure focus on the objective. And if that involved killing, then so be it.

Miyako stopped, ten bodies resting around her. She picked up her hat and placed it again on her head. Miyako stood, looking over the carnage. A light wind drifted through the clearing, rustling her hair.

She stood breathing in, satisfied. Looking at the power the shadow allowed her. A challenge met and a step closer to what she needed to do. Her mind was a still winter morning, cold and quiet. 

Done taking in the moment, Miyako's eyes drifted towards the two people left in the clearing. Hyron and Yerik. They were a hinderance, she had no need for them and could prove an issue. A faint voiced screamed from the back of her mind, to quiet to be heard clearly. She should kill them, it was the easiest answer. But still, some deep part of Miyako wanted to listen to the quiet voice that still fought with passion, that wrested for control over the shadow. The part that would fight tooth and nail for her friends. For....Hyron.

NO. Miyako recoiled. It was simple, clean cut. It was the only answer. Hyron and Yerik were a liability. They had to die. 

And so Miyako walked across the clearing, a figure of blue and red and black, with a face as cold as stone.

22 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

“Well yeah, it’d take a lot of training and practice. Nobody makes a domain in a day.”

Kealie shrugged. “I could go for a domain. Particularly with kumquats.”

12 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh shrunk back a little. "I don't really want to ride a boat." She whispered.

“We can go belowdecks and pretend we’re on a horse, or a seal.”

6 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I… guess a domain could have kumquats in it. I dunno how that’d help you be a wizard warrior though.”

Vance started cutting and packing the meat, throwing it all into a sack and sinching it closed. “This’ll do for now. We should probably get back and make sure those two haven’t gotten themselves killed yet.”

20 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

12 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

“I… guess a domain could have kumquats in it. I dunno how that’d help you be a wizard warrior though.”

Kumquats help with everything tho.

:P

20 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“We can go belowdecks and pretend we’re on a horse, or a seal.”

"I... honestly doubt that would help much. Especially since ferries tend not to have anything belowdecks other than maybe some fancy airtight empty rooms to help the boat float."

Edited by Ookla the Implosion

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

"I... honestly doubt that would help much. Especially since ferries tend not to have anything belowdecks other than maybe some fancy airtight empty rooms to help the boat float."

Fiadh frowned a little more. She turned to Nayka and whispered just loud enough for her to hear "My parents went on a boat once.... They didn't come back." She stops and thinks for a few seconds . "I'll go though."

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

39 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance started cutting and packing the meat, throwing it all into a sack and sinching it closed. “This’ll do for now. We should probably get back and make sure those two haven’t gotten themselves killed yet.”

“Eh, they’re smart ones. They’ll be alive.” She paused. “It was probably smart of you to come with me because I’m not dead.”

11 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh frowned a little more. She turned to Nayka and whispered just loud enough for her to hear "My parents went on a boat once.... They didn't come back." She stops and thinks for a few seconds . "I'll go though."

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

“I’m sorry,” Nayka whispered. “I’m glad you’re coming, though.”

7 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

“Indeed. Now let’s skedaddle.”

Time skip to when?

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh smiles. "I'm fairly certain there was a promise of food. How could I turn free food down?"

Nayka grinned. “Very appealing indeed.”

6 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Got it." Antin took a second sheet of paper and overlayed it on the one with the rune. Carefully tracing it this time, he came up with a tidy set of runes. "We'll I can't help. Do your thing."

Quest nodded. "You sure you can't channel magic into these? You did have those wild magic things earlier."

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Time skip to when?

5 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Yes! I was just about to mention this. Antin and Quest's plot line has skipped ahead a day or two. I was going to mention soon that either we should stop or you guys should skip forward for continuity and all that. But yes, if you are going to skip forward this 2 days would be a good time.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Ookla the [Redacted]

Just now, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest nodded. "You sure you can't channel magic into these? You did have those wild magic things earlier."

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Ookla the [Redacted]

"Yeah, but that knocked me out. Even if I could do it, I probably couldn't stand how long it would take to figure it out."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Yes! I was just about to mention this. Antin and Quest's plot line has skipped ahead a day or two. I was going to mention soon that either we should stop or you guys should skip forward for continuity and all that. But yes, if you are going to skip forward this 2 days would be a good time.

Okay. Can you link me back to when you timeskipped so I can read through? Or just give me the TL;DR if it's been awhile.

7 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako walked back towards the vines, a serene calm on her face. A cold wind blew away all conflict in her mind, Miyako knew what she needed to do.

Miyako strolled towards the captive guards. She flicked out her sword, each strike ending a life. Blood splattered her clothes. Miyako felt nothing. Why would she feel bad for doing what she needed to be done? Her Shadow lent her direction, pure focus on the objective. And if that involved killing, then so be it.

Miyako stopped, ten bodies resting around her. She picked up her hat and placed it again on her head. Miyako stood, looking over the carnage. A light wind drifted through the clearing, rustling her hair.

She stood breathing in, satisfied. Looking at the power the shadow allowed her. A challenge met and a step closer to what she needed to do. Her mind was a still winter morning, cold and quiet. 

Done taking in the moment, Miyako's eyes drifted towards the two people left in the clearing. Hyron and Yerik. They were a hinderance, she had no need for them and could prove an issue. A faint voiced screamed from the back of her mind, to quiet to be heard clearly. She should kill them, it was the easiest answer. But still, some deep part of Miyako wanted to listen to the quiet voice that still fought with passion, that wrested for control over the shadow. The part that would fight tooth and nail for her friends. For....Hyron.

NO. Miyako recoiled. It was simple, clean cut. It was the only answer. Hyron and Yerik were a liability. They had to die. 

And so Miyako walked across the clearing, a figure of blue and red and black, with a face as cold as stone.

Yerik watched, dumbfounded, as Miyako turned to face them with... that gaze. He started raising his shield, then realized it was pointless- he'd seen Miyako's dark aura breach his shield earlier. If she wanted to kill them, then... 

No, he thought. This isn't right, this can't be happening. He stood, frozen, like a deer in headlights, until-

RUN.

The command echoed in his head, spurring him to action. He grabbed hold of Hyron, his feet moving without his command. A chill washed through the pair of them as he activated his abilities to reduce their mass, running as fast as he could in the opposite direction.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Kobold

8 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yeah, but that knocked me out. Even if I could do it, I probably couldn't stand how long it would take to figure it out."

"Fair enough. Let's get some rune circles made that tests one of each new rune. Then we can figure out what they do." 

6 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik watched, dumbfounded, as Miyako turned to face them with... that gaze. He started raising his shield, then realized it was pointless- he'd seen Miyako's dark aura breach his shield earlier. If she wanted to kill them, then... 

No, he thought. This isn't right, this can't be happening. He stood, frozen, like a deer in headlights, until-

RUN.

The command echoed in his head, spurring him to action. He grabbed hold of Hyron, his feet moving without his command. A chill washed through the pair of them as he activated his abilities to reduce their mass, running as fast as he could in the opposite direction.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Kobold

58 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron, unable to do more than just react, was dragged along as Yerik ran from.... whatever it was Miyako had become.

"No, Miyako..." They muttered, "No, no no."

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Miyako leisurely strolled after them.

Why was she going slow? Why not run?

No, a small part of her said. We can take our time. We are going to win, why strain ourselves?

That felt unsatisfied but Miyako accepted it. She was going to win, they were as good as dead.

Her Shadow slumbered, glutted from the recent feast. However the shroud of darkness still lay about her. 

She calmy walked through the field of bodies again, watching as Hyron and Yerik ran away. She would get them, she always did.

8 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Okay. Can you link me back to when you timeskipped so I can read through? Or just give me the TL;DR if it's been awhile.

Yeah I'm not going to go read back that far. 

It's your fault.. Hyron's brain said in a sing song voice. It's all your fault! You caused this, you turned her into this.

Hyron half heartedly resisted Yerik dragging them. "No, no, no," They muttered.

Hyron resisted more, until finally, they shouted, "No!" and yanked their hand out of Yerik's.

They stood there, looking at Miyako, waiting as she walked closer to them.

"No," They whispered, "I'm not running from you. I'm not running from whatever is in control of you."

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Edited by Ookla the Crow