Channelknight Fadran

4 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron stands, still holding Miyako, and starts to walk away, towards where the shipwreck is.

They pause, then turn around, looking at the First Elder.

"If you can find it in your heart," They started, but their voice broke, the emotions surfacing as Hyron's adrenaline faded away. They took a deep breath and continued, "If you can find it in your heart , please try and forgive her. What happened wasn't her. Not all of her."

@Ookla the Forgotten @Ookla the Kobold

"It's not my forgiveness you need to worry about," replied the Elder as Hyron and Yerik walked away.

The pair trudged forwards in silence. In the distance, they spotted what seemed to be a golden carriage. It had no wheels: instead, it floated in the air.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"It's not my forgiveness you need to worry about," replied the Elder as Hyron and Yerik walked away.

The pair trudged forwards in silence. In the distance, they spotted what seemed to be a golden carriage. It had no wheels: instead, it floated in the air.

Hyron cursed, immediately assuming it was another blasphemous gravity-manipulator. "Is that your doing?" They asked Yerik.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron cursed, immediately assuming it was another blasphemous gravity-manipulator. "Is that your doing?" They asked Yerik.

Yerik blinked, staring at the carriage. "No, I... I've only heard about these. The metal that you need to make them is super rare. Well... anywhere but here."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik blinked, staring at the carriage. "No, I... I've only heard about these. The metal that you need to make them is super rare. Well... anywhere but here."

Hyron blinked, shifting Miyako in their arms, then glared at the carriage. "What do we do?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron did a double take. "What?? Some random carriage, a floating one at that, appears and your first instinct is to stalking board it??"

"It's hardly random. The soldiers had to get here somehow, didn't they? And... I mean..."

It's not like they need it anymore.

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Maybe a day."

Annimus relaxes.

I'll just have to drain the pure lifeforce from a creature. Not the esscence, but pure lifeforce. At least I don't have to fully drain, only partially.

"Why did you want the ore?"

@Ookla the Forgotten @Ookla the [Redacted]

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"It's hardly random. The soldiers had to get here somehow, didn't they? And... I mean..."

It's not like they need it anymore.

Hyron frowned and looked at Miyako, understanding what Yerik meant. "Fine," They said, and boarded after, laying Miyako down on one of the seats before sitting on the floor next to her. "Are you driving? How does this thing work?"

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Annimus relaxes.

I'll just have to drain the pure lifeforce from a creature. Not the esscence, but pure lifeforce. At least I don't have to fully drain, only partially.

"Why did you want the ore?"

@Ookla the Forgotten @Ookla the [Redacted]

"Because it's magic. Also valuable." He chuckled. "Very valuable."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron frowned and looked at Miyako, understanding what Yerik meant. "Fine," They said, and boarded after, laying Miyako down on one of the seats before sitting on the floor next to her. "Are you driving? How does this thing work?"

Yerik pulled a lever hesitantly and the carriage shot up into the air, slowing to a stop a foot or so above the tops of the trees. "Oops," he muttered, reversing the motion. The carriage plummeted but came to a stop before slamming into the ground. After a few more near-crashes, however, Yerik seemed to get the hang of controlling the vehicle 

All that shaking may have woken Miyako up.

@Ookla the Kobold

Miyako is asleep magically, mate. The shaking ain't gonna do anything.

Hyron banged on the ceiling a bit after all the shaking, then turned back to Miyako, who was still asleep.

They watched her for a bit, noting how... not angry Miyako looked.

Almost peaceful. Tense, still- Hyron didn't think she'd ever not be tense- but peaceful.

Hyron placed a hand on Miyako's shoulder, smiling. It was... strange to be able to do that without getting their wrist broken.

A thought occured to Hyron then, and they Breathed into their hand. They looked at the soft blue mist coating their hand, then at Miyako. Then they slowly pressed the palm of their hand to Miyako's forehead. The Breath sank into her forehead.

@Ookla the Kobold

Arise!

3 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron banged on the ceiling a bit after all the shaking, then turned back to Miyako, who was still asleep.

They watched her for a bit, noting how... not angry Miyako looked.

Almost peaceful. Tense, still- Hyron didn't think she'd ever not be tense- but peaceful.

Hyron placed a hand on Miyako's shoulder, smiling. It was... strange to be able to do that without getting their wrist broken.

A thought occured to Hyron then, and they Breathed into their hand. They looked at the soft blue mist coating their hand, then at Miyako. Then they slowly pressed the palm of their hand to Miyako's forehead. The Breath sank into her forehead.

@Ookla the Kobold

Miyako's hand shot out, grabbing at Hyron's wrist. She sat up, breathing hard. 

Miyako's eyes were racing, frantically jumping around the inside of the carriage. She looked at Hyron's wrist for a second before dropping it and recoiling away.

@Ookla the Forgotten

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako's hand shot out, grabbing at Hyron's wrist. She sat up, breathing hard. 

Miyako's eyes were racing, frantically jumping around the inside of the carriage. She looked at Hyron's wrist for a second before dropping it and recoiling away.

@Ookla the Forgotten

Yerik turned his gaze sharply towards Miyako. "Are you... fine?" he asked.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik turned his gaze sharply towards Miyako. "Are you... fine?" he asked.

Miyako stared at Yerik for a long second before she calmed down. "Yes? Yes. Catch me up on what happened."

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako stared at Yerik for a long second before she calmed down. "Yes? Yes. Catch me up on what happened."

"Well... how much do you remember? Of the battle?"

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Well... how much do you remember? Of the battle?"

Miyako groaned, covering her face with her hands. "There was the Queen's guard right? And......I don't know. Something. I wanted to kill them." She paused. "My Shadow got the best of me." She paused again, peeking at Yerik and Hyron through her hands. "Did I kill anyone?" Miyako glanced down at her bloodstained clothes and grimaced, letting her hands flop to her side, suddenly very tired. "Who did I kill?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako groaned, covering her face with her hands. "There was the Queen's guard right? And......I don't know. Something. I wanted to kill them." She paused. "My Shadow got the best of me." She paused again, peeking at Yerik and Hyron through her hands. "Did I kill anyone?" Miyako glanced down at her bloodstained clothes and grimaced, letting her hands flop to her side, suddenly very tired. "Who did I kill?"

"All of them," replied Yerik. "The villagers  weren't too happy, so we left."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Annimus's ears perk up at this. "What kinds of energy?"

"Er... Any kind, depending on how it was forged." He raised a gauntlet. "I've got a little bit in my glove, tuned to kinetic force. It gives my punches some oomph."

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"All of them," replied Yerik. "The villagers  weren't too happy, so we left."

Miyako nodded slowly. "Expected as much. Wait, how did you guys stop me? No offense but I can already cut through you, what stopped my Shadow? Tides...why did I reach out for the Shadow? I was real mad at...mad at something. Tides. What happened!?"

Edited by Ookla the Kobold