Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest smiled, "That's wonderful! Do you-" Quest trailed off noticing how Vance was working on the runes. "Oh, sorry. Let me get that for you." Quest pulled a knife out of his satchel and after examining the rune circle for a moment, he cut across a rune near the top of the circle. The rune circle quickly dimmed as it began to lose power. Quest grinned at Vance, "I just figured out how to disable the circles."

"Is that consistent across all of them?" Vance glanced back at the circle. "I mean, some might try to explode back."

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I kind of got distracted. Where are the vegetables? I promise I won’t eat too many.”

"Ah, um, yes. If you go out the back there I found a patch of...something. I haven't found time to document them yet and don't have a proper name. They taste alright though."

Just now, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Is that consistent across all of them?" Vance glanced back at the circle. "I mean, some might try to explode back."

"Yes, um, I think some have countermeasures and I have postponed disabling those. I'm going through non essential ones like these, and leaving all the rune circles that provide functions like lighting and heating." 

Just now, Ookla the Kobold said:

"Ah, um, yes. If you go out the back there I found a patch of...something. I haven't found time to document them yet and don't have a proper name. They taste alright though."

"Yes, um, I think some have countermeasures and I have postponed disabling those. I'm going through non essential ones like these, and leaving all the rune circles that provide functions like lighting and heating." 

“Thanks!” Kealie grinned again, still happy about her recent success, and ran off to eat them.

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"It's quite the place," Vance admitted. "I'll give it that."

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"That'll have to do. You have magic at all?"

"Oh, and let me know when you feel confident in that," Vance added, walking back up the hill to the mansion. He turned his head back to look her in the eye, a mischevious grin on his face. "I'll duel you whenever you want."

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

"Yeah, technically. Not much I can do in practice without some of the rarer metals, though."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Could you uh, cut my bonds?"

Annimus holds up his bound hands, glimmers of a orangish black metal begining to come out of his skin.

Anikel flicked his sword, severing the bonds.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest was working on some rune circles when he noticed that Vance had walked into the house. "Vance!" he called out. Quest began to walk over. "How is the training with Kealie going?"

Hmm, good point. Probably should.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Anikel flicked his sword, severing the bonds.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"Thanks, if you uh don't mind, could you give me my sword back? My kind have more energy than most to suck out because of our armor and so I have a chance of helping. Plus I can see at night. Actually..."

Annimus unsheaths his claws, the six inch length gleaming in the moonlight.

"I'd still like my spear back at some point. It has reach on the wraith."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

On 12/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh gave a slight nod and then threw up over the side of the boat. Stupid boat. She groaned slightly. "Whist might have something." 

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Ookla the magician

3 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Nayka dashed off to find Whist. @Ookla the magician

Sorry I haven't been here in forever, life happened but I should (should) be back now

While on the ferry, the sun had started setting, and with it went Whist's energy. She really should have tried harder to sleep earlier. She was distracted from her fatigue as Nayka ran up to her, in the distance she saw Fiadh standing by the railing of the deck. 

"Is everything alright?"

Just now, Ookla the magician said:

While on the ferry, the sun had started setting, and with it went Whist's energy. She really should have tried harder to sleep earlier. She was distracted from her fatigue as Nayka ran up to her, in the distance she saw Fiadh standing by the railing of the deck. 

"Is everything alright?"

“Fiadh needs some sort of medicine. Do you have anything?”

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Thanks, if you uh don't mind, could you give me my sword back? My kind have more energy than most to suck out because of our armor and so I have a chance of helping. Plus I can see at night. Actually..."

Annimus unsheaths his claws, the six inch length gleaming in the moonlight.

"I'd still like my spear back at some point. It has reach on the wraith."

"Not my decision," Quendi replied, still advancing through the fog. There was definitely a presence. It was nearby.

I guess we'll leave the monsters' actions up to you?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Feel free to do whatever you want. At this point I've just conceded to Quest basically having figured out the runes because I'm over meticulously narrating his scholarly pursuits.

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"It's quite the place," Vance admitted. "I'll give it that."

Quest nodded, "Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Oh, um Vance? Your good at.." Quest wiggled his fingers mystically, "magic stuff, right?"

10 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Sure am."

"Ah! Well, I've had a theory I want to run by you." Quest fumbled through his satchel and came up with a rune circle he had made. "So right now I am making rune circles with ink as a median, and then running the magic through the runes. The runes direct and command the magic. But, then I had an idea. What if we take away the middle man? What if instead of moving magic through pre-made runes, I made magic in the shape of runes!" 

On 12/9/2022 at 1:40 AM, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Starmetal!" the clerk exclaimed as the man took it carefully. "It fell from the sky."

"I can feel it," murmured the man, holding the stone between two fingers and peering at it. "It's an artifact, alright."

"Starmetal from the sky? So it's a piece of a star?" The Starmages are almost as powerful as a Vexurgist, they use just the light from the stars, what could I do with a piece of one.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Quest grimaced. "Sorry, that was a bad explanation. When you have to draw a rune circle beforehand that takes time and planning, very little adaptability. But, what I'm proposing is what if I could draw runes on air or surfaces with magic. If that was possible it would allow for the energy to act as both the runes and the power source, and with practice it could be drawn in a fraction of what writing a rune circle takes." Quest frowned. "The only problem is that actually doing this would be extremely hard and possibly dangerous. And this is all theoretical."

16 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Not my decision," Quendi replied, still advancing through the fog. There was definitely a presence. It was nearby.

I guess so

Sniffing Annimus's points towards the North.

"It's in that direction. I can almost see it."

12 hours ago, Ookla the Unknown said:

"Starmetal from the sky? So it's a piece of a star?" The Starmages are almost as powerful as a Vexurgist, they use just the light from the stars, what could I do with a piece of one.

"Yeah! Er, well..." The clerk scratched his head. "I think so, at least. To be honest, I'm not really a star expert. Whatever it is, it's powerful!" He waved. "Here, feel it out. See how compatible you are."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"What are we waiting for?" Anikel replied, spurring his horse on. "Let's go rebury some undead."

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron blinked, then hurried along behind the newcomer and Miyako and Yerik.

"What is your group?" They asked hesitantly.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

"We fight against the Queen," Vicius replied matter-of-factly. "That is our purpose."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"We fight against the Queen," Vicius replied matter-of-factly. "That is our purpose."

Hyron nodded slowly, "Okay..." They said, "What's your reasoning behind fighting the Queen? And where are we going?"

6 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest grimaced. "Sorry, that was a bad explanation. When you have to draw a rune circle beforehand that takes time and planning, very little adaptability. But, what I'm proposing is what if I could draw runes on air or surfaces with magic. If that was possible it would allow for the energy to act as both the runes and the power source, and with practice it could be drawn in a fraction of what writing a rune circle takes." Quest frowned. "The only problem is that actually doing this would be extremely hard and possibly dangerous. And this is all theoretical."

"Oh. Gotcha." Vance tapped his chin as he thought about it. "I guess it could work. The problem would be spreading out the magic properly throughout the rune so as not to make it explode in your face."

5 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"What are we waiting for?" Anikel replied, spurring his horse on. "Let's go rebury some undead."

Have it atack us whenever, Wiz.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron nodded slowly, "Okay..." They said, "What's your reasoning behind fighting the Queen? And where are we going?"

"One question at a time, please," replied Vicius, holding what appeared to be a telescope to his eye without slowing down. "We're headed to the tunnels. Underground. She won't be able to see us there."

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"One question at a time, please," replied Vicious, holding what appeared to be a telescope to his eye without slowing down. "We're headed to the tunnels. Underground. She won't be able to see us there."

Hyron paled significantly, despite their marbled skin tones. "Underground, you say?" They said weakly, "Oh."

1 minute ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Oh. Gotcha." Vance tapped his chin as he thought about it. "I guess it could work. The problem would be spreading out the magic properly throughout the rune so as not to make it explode in your face."

"Yeah, and the concentration required to keep it all together would be absurd." Quest trailed off as he grew lost in thought. "Yeah, um, do you think I should test it outside or in here?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"One question at a time, please," replied Vicious, holding what appeared to be a telescope to his eye without slowing down. "We're headed to the tunnels. Underground. She won't be able to see us there."

Miyako grunted. Seems fair enough. Though by no stretch of the imagination did Miyako trust this man. As they ran she kept a close hand to her sword and waterskin.