Channelknight Fadran

45 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

"Um, ok." Quest pulled a paper out dropped the rest in a pile behind him. "Umm, yes. No, yes. Let's just go."

Quest glanced over at Vance and breathed out, focusing. Quest looked down at the paper, committing the rune to memory and began to look at the air in front of him. Quest intently stared at the air and after an awkward few seconds glowing red energy began to form in the air. Quest smiled before quickly smothering it with a focused expression. The red light began to draw across the air, forming the shape of a rune. Quest began to sweat. The rune closed off, completed the shape. The red light went from an ambient glow to a harsh bright red. Quest barked out a laugh. The light filled the room until the rune was lost in the middle of an angry sun. Quest raised his arm to cover his eyes, blinded from the sudden illumination. With the break in concentration the rune's light receded and the energy holding the rune together fell apart. Globs of fire were exploded out of where the rune had just been. 

Sheesh mate... you gotta learn some paragraphing...

Vance blinked. "Great!"

The rune exploded.

"Ah, sh-"

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The shade advances it's daggers reaching even closer, eager to bite into her skin. The shade's daggers finally trap Quendi in a nearly inescapable situation. One clawed hand wrapped around the quarterstaff and the other dagger reaches over, seeking her heart.

Annims pounces, his left arm grasping at the shades arm. Claws raking down the shade's arm as Anikel strikes at the shade from behind.

The shade screeches and it begins to dissolve, seams of darkness vaporizing, foggy mist disappearing. 

"Fools," gasps the shade, "my master comes. The bringer of the deep. Lord of the mist. Hahaha, he comes and you can not see it. Even now."

Disgruntled, Annimus grasps at the chest of the shade and rips out it's core. A beating heart of pure darkness, pulsing with life energy. 

Annimus stares at the orb and begins to start draining it, replenishing his energy with pure lifeforce, unaligned with any animal. 

Slowly the metal begins to regrow out of his body, slowly expanding outwards.

Quendi blinked. Lord of the Mist? "Thank you, Annimus."

Just a quick note, yes Fiadh is seasick but also she's not used to real food so her body is having a hard time handling it.

Coolio, Whist probably won't realize this unless she's told, but she'll probably try to go easier on Fiadh's stomach because of the vomiting thing anyway

A few minutes later, and the dark spot in the distance had grown considerably. The Caerlon island was much larger than the one they had been on, and the land covered most of the horizon. Caerlon was fairly flat, save for a few low hills.

The captain of the ferry finished discussing docking orders with his crew, and addressed the passengers. They were a group of about 70, most were travelers or small-time merchants, with only a few upper-class citizens. 

"Attention everyone," He began, his voice slurred with a western accent. "We are approaching Caerlon, and should dock within the next half hour, I must ask all of you to be patient so that we can disembark in an orderly fashion, If you have cargo being transported in the hold, please come speak with me and we will see about getting it unloaded for you . . ."

He continued on about what should go were and who should do what, but Whist wasn't paying very much attention. Hopefully after they got off of the ferry, Fiadh would feel better. 

She glanced over her shoulder and saw a tall, hooded figure on the other side of the ferry. A large grin was all she could really see of his face. She sighed, mildly frustrated. She had hoped he would let her alone so she could work.

Edited by Ookla the magician

2 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Sheesh mate... you gotta learn some paragraphing...

Vance blinked. "Great!"

The rune exploded.

"Ah, sh-"

Yeah, probably....

Quest slumped back against a wall, suddenly very tired. He was also trying to avoid the large fire.

Coincidently, Quest had covered the floor of the main foyer with a mess of papers. They quickly went up in flames. The wooden floor would most likely catch on fire shortly.

Quest let out a strangled cry for his days of work that was going up in flames. That would be annoying. But right now, keeping the house from burning down seemed more important.

Quest backed away from the fire, going through his options. His reserves of fire were dangerously low, and more fire probably wouldn't help. His life magic would be useful for healing after, but not useful right now. Maybe Quest could...no that wouldn't work. What else would put out a fire...

Quest brightened. He began to yell out the front door, "KEALIE! Go get the, um, buckets of water!"

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron gave Miyako a side eye. Was there a reason she wasn't talking about her Shadow? Certainly it would give this gruop the upper hand, and presumably they would trust them...

Hmm.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

13 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako shrugged again. "I'm really good at stabbing."

"Dang," replied Sever pensively. "No wonder Vicius picked you up. Neither of us stands a chance against even one of her puppets."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The shade advances it's daggers reaching even closer, eager to bite into her skin. The shade's daggers finally trap Quendi in a nearly inescapable situation. One clawed hand wrapped around the quarterstaff and the other dagger reaches over, seeking her heart.

Annims pounces, his left arm grasping at the shades arm. Claws raking down the shade's arm as Anikel strikes at the shade from behind.

The shade screeches and it begins to dissolve, seams of darkness vaporizing, foggy mist disappearing. 

"Fools," gasps the shade, "my master comes. The bringer of the deep. Lord of the mist. Hahaha, he comes and you can not see it. Even now."

Disgruntled, Annimus grasps at the chest of the shade and rips out it's core. A beating heart of pure darkness, pulsing with life energy. 

Annimus stares at the orb and begins to start draining it, replenishing his energy with pure lifeforce, unaligned with any animal. 

Slowly the metal begins to regrow out of his body, slowly expanding outwards.

"Uh," said Anikel, taking a step back. "So that's done, then."

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Dang," replied Sever pensively. "No wonder Vicius picked you up. Neither of us stands a chance against even one of her puppets."

Wait, tides no. Miyako did not think this through. 
"We're not really fighting the Queen, just trying to leave the island. I'm not going out of my way to go fight more guards." Miyako shrugged.

2 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Quendi blinked. Lord of the Mist? "Thank you, Annimus."

Strange titles that the shade had said, yet Lord of the Mist...hmmm.

You can't solve the puzzle, you never could. Giggles the voice in his head.

So you're back then, I will have to get rid of you one of these days.

Shaking his head, Annimus turns towards Quendi. "You're welcome.

With a tone of admiration Annimus adds, "it wounded me, only you could even keep it distracted."

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Uh," said Anikel, taking a step back. "So that's done, then."

Annimus notes the expression from the others as metal grows out of his skin.

Always an outcast. Always.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Wait, tides no. Miyako did not think this through. 
"We're not really fighting the Queen, just trying to leave the island. I'm not going out of my way to go fight more guards." Miyako shrugged.

"Of course not," agreed Sever. "These people are possessed. Innocent. We're hardly going to kill them! But if we get in a sticky situation, some raw fighting power could be a lifesaver."

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Strange titles that the shade had said, yet Lord of the Mist...hmmm.

You can't solve the puzzle, you never could. Giggles the voice in his head.

So you're back then, I will have to get rid of you one of these days.

Shaking his head, Annimus turns towards Quendi. "You're welcome.

With a tone of admiration Annimus adds, "it wounded me, only you could even keep it distracted."

Annimus notes the expression from the others as metal grows out of his skin.

Always an outcast. Always.

"I could've taken it," Quendi replied, slinging her staff back over her shoulders and walking back to the carriage. There wasn't any arrogance behind the words: just a simple belief.

Are you aware of the godmodding rule?

3 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance blinked. "Great!"

The rune exploded.

"Ah, sh-"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest slumped back against a wall, suddenly very tired. He was also trying to avoid the large fire.

Coincidently, Quest had covered the floor of the main foyer with a mess of papers. They quickly went up in flames. The wooden floor would most likely catch on fire shortly.

Quest let out a strangled cry for his days of work that was going up in flames. That would be annoying. But right now, keeping the house from burning down seemed more important.

Quest backed away from the fire, going through his options. His reserves of fire were dangerously low, and more fire probably wouldn't help. His life magic would be useful for healing after, but not useful right now. Maybe Quest could...no that wouldn't work. What else would put out a fire...

Quest brightened. He began to yell out the front door, "KEALIE! Go get the, um, buckets of water!"

Antin, who had just come back from a lunch break, jumped into the fray, doing his best to stifle any energy still being released. His cloak, once again, got set on fire. "Ow! What did you do?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

I was referring to this, actually:

3 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Antin, who had just come back from a lunch break, jumped into the fray, doing his best to stifle any energy still being released. His cloak, once again, got set on fire. "Ow! What did you do?"

Quest looked up as Antin ran into the room. Wait, Antin could help! Would he be able to drain the fire now that it was non-magical? At what point did the fire stop becoming fueled by his magic and began to be self-sustaining? Hmm. This would require testing later.

Antin called out to Quest, breaking him out his thoughts. "Hmm, yes? Oh, umm, me and Vance were testing out a theory." Quest glanced at the raging fire. "It got out of hand."

38 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Of course not," agreed Sever. "These people are possessed. Innocent. We're hardly going to kill them! But if we get in a sticky situation, some raw fighting power could be a lifesaver."

Miyako covered up a yawn, looking around the camp. "Nah. Ya got a way off this island?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest looked up as Antin ran into the room. Wait, Antin could help! Would he be able to drain the fire now that it was non-magical? At what point did the fire stop becoming fueled by his magic and began to be self-sustaining? Hmm. This would require testing later.

Antin called out to Quest, breaking him out his thoughts. "Hmm, yes? Oh, umm, me and Vance were testing out a theory." Quest glanced at the raging fire. "It got out of hand."

Antin tried patting down the fire, only succeeding in slightly lowering its intensity. "I think this is mostly just fire! I can't do anything!"

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Vance sighed.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako covered up a yawn, looking around the camp. "Nah. Ya got a way off this island?"

"No," replied Sever, giving Miyako a look. "But if we did... would you leave? Right now?"

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"No," replied Sever, giving Miyako a look. "But if we did... would you leave? Right now?"

Miyako begins to pick teeth. "Yeah, probably."

3 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance sighed.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Antin tried patting down the fire, only succeeding in slightly lowering its intensity. "I think this is mostly just fire! I can't do anything!"

Quest's current plan is to trick Kealie into magicing up some water. Unless you guys want to try something, I'm just going to wait for Haly.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"Even though the people here are suffering?" asked Sever, a note of pleading in his voice. "Even if there's something you can do to help?"

Miyako shrugged and looked back at Hyron and Yerik. "Viney, Acoylte? Got anything to say?"

7 hours ago, Ookla the magician said:

A few minutes later, and the dark spot in the distance had grown considerably. The Caerlon island was much larger than the one they had been on, and the land covered most of the horizon. Caerlon was fairly flat, save for a few low hills.

The captain of the ferry finished discussing docking orders with his crew, and addressed the passengers. They were a group of about 70, most were travelers or small-time merchants, with only a few upper-class citizens. 

"Attention everyone," He began, his voice slurred with a western accent. "We are approaching Caerlon, and should dock within the next half hour, I must ask all of you to be patient so that we can disembark in an orderly fashion, If you have cargo being transported in the hold, please come speak with me and we will see about getting it unloaded for you . . ."

He continued on about what should go were and who should do what, but Whist wasn't paying very much attention. Hopefully after they got off of the ferry, Fiadh would feel better. 

She glanced over her shoulder and saw a tall, hooded figure on the other side of the ferry. A large grin was all she could really see of his face. She sighed, mildly frustrated. She had hoped he would let her alone so she could work.

Nayka noted the expression on Whist’s face. “What’s up?

6 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Eej slithered up her arm, helpfully pointing her to an area by the wall of the house, just out of sight, with several full buckets of water and a pump. Nothing fancy. She carried them all back, with Eej’s help, and threw them on the fire. “Do we need more?” She yelled.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Eej slithered up her arm, helpfully pointing her to an area by the wall of the house, just out of sight, with several full buckets of water and a pump. Nothing fancy. She carried them all back, with Eej’s help, and threw them on the fire. “Do we need more?” She yelled.

Quest laughed and ran out the door. The fire was still raging, but now that Kealie had made water they had a chance. 

"Do we need more?” Kealie yelled.

Quest called back, "Probably!" Quest began to work the pump, filling more buckets with water.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest laughed and ran out the door. The fire was still raging, but now that Kealie had made water they had a chance. 

"Do we need more?” Kealie yelled.

Quest called back, "Probably!" Quest began to work the pump, filling more buckets with water.

Eej vibrated insistently. 

“Fine,” she grumbled, removing her blindfold.

Eej directed her to a particularly large bucket, which she filled with water and carried, stumbling, into the house.

According to Eej, there wasn’t much left. She threw the water on the flames.

That’s all of it? She asked.

Eej sent an affirmative.

Eej manipulated her magic to make her think there were no more flames. Now there aren’t, unless they have some magic or something.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Eej vibrated insistently. 

“Fine,” she grumbled, removing her blindfold.

Eej directed her to a particularly large bucket, which she filled with water and carried, stumbling, into the house.

According to Eej, there wasn’t much left. She threw the water on the flames.

That’s all of it? She asked.

Eej sent an affirmative.

Quest paused from pumping water. The crackling of the fire had stopped. Quest walked back towards the house.

Inside, where the fire had been, only a charred floor and the embers of papers remained. 

"Kealie! I thought you weren't good at your magic." He gestured at the absence of flames before realizing she was wearing a blindfold. "Seriously, good job."