Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Then..." Vance cocked his head. "Then evidently your body is absorbing most of this energy and using it directly as life force. It's not energy leakage: it's a dependency."

"You think that? There have been stretches of years before where I intentionally avoided interacting with magic, and it never bothered me."

1 minute ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance let out a big sigh. "I guess one mystery isn't enough. No shot we figure out your whole thing with just a couple days of experimentation. For now..." He waved at all the traps. "Let's see what you can do against these."

"Alright." He approached a set near the entrance to the hallway. "One over here shoots out fire, or at least it did."

As he approached, he put his hand on the runes he passed, which dimmed immediately. He got to the hole in the wall that used to contain a fire rune. Slowly, he lifted his hand off of the rune next to it in the network. Nothing happened. "Good, I think it got used up. We can move forward, but I don't know how well I'll be able to cover all of the runes. It seems like they are all linked together somehow, but I'm definitely not turning off all the runes in this building just by touching one." His former, stranger appearance had returned already as he interacted with the runes.

"If all else fails, I'm willing to go running down the hall full-force and hope I dodge most of it." Vance examined the deactivated rune. "My sister has an ability that'd be pretty useful for this situation. Man, I wish she were here..."

"Is your sister off on some different adventure, then?"

"Oh, always. Neither of us ever really stop." He started scratching out some of the simpler traps, deactivating them like Quest had shown him. "You have any family?"

"Yes," he said flatly. "Parents. I haven't seen them in years."

Vance squinted. It looked pretty long. "Let's just get to those two doors for starters. I for one am very excited to see what stuff this place has in store for us."

Antin nodded. He slid across the wall, dimming the upcoming few runes. "Follow me, then."

If you want to, you can make a rune that he can't quite reach do something, or one across the hallway.

@Ookla the Forgotten

Enner reached for the stone. Halvex's fifth name. The sheer power. The stone felt like one of his essence reserves, but where they were mere large puddles, this was a lake, nay, and ocean. What he had though was a wealth of Luax was but a small pond in comparison.

"How, where," he murmured, not stopping to form his thoughts. "How could I obtain one of these?" All thoughts of Essences and shrines were absorbed by getting one of those stones.

Edited by Ookla the Unknown

3 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron put their fingers in their dirt pouches, preparing to strike at Vicius if need be. The Queen probably already had the crew, they didn't know not to keep their names secret, so there was no point in being here.

It was dangerous.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

11 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

"First of all, none of you can fly the carriage. Secondly, I'm not about to risk one of our most important possessions in your hands in any case. Thirdly, if you move quickly enough you might still be able to catch this captain of yours before it's too late."

"Who said you were making this choice?" Miyako glared at him and turned to Yerik, casually flipping open her waterskin. "Acolyte, would the Queen have taken your sister here?" 

11 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Dansl tinkled a laugh, having heard Quest’s whisper. “No, no. I just want to offer you some… toast.” She snapped her hand away and the door vanished. Holding her hand horizontally, she stepped over to the two, a silver platter stacked with golden buttered toast shimmering into existence on top of her palm.

”Ooh!” Kealie hovered over the toast eagerly.

Quest's eyes bugged out when he saw Kealie go for the toast. Shooting frantic glances at her, he tried to think off an excuse. 

"I'm, um, am actually allergic to toast. And you know what those silver platters, ummm, can do to someone's stomach. Right?"

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

16 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Nayka looked around with wide eyes. “This place is amazing,” she breathed.

Whist glanced around, waiting on the dock for the rest of their company to catch up. The town wasn't necessarily run-down, but it certainly wasn't grand either. The dock led directly to a central street lined with shops. Lanterns had been lit in preparation of the on-coming night, and they illuminated fading shop signs and banners. A lazy crowd of people moved through the street, on their way home from the fields. It looked like a fairly normal place to her. 

"I suppose it's alright," Whist said. She preferred the safe anonymity of big cities. Everyone in small towns wanted to know who you were and why you were bothering them.

@Ookla the Nerdy @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Implosion @InfiniteInsanity

Edited by Ookla the magician

On 12/15/2022 at 0:22 AM, Ookla the Unknown said:

@Ookla the Forgotten

Enner reached for the stone. Halvex's fifth name. The sheer power. The stone felt like one of his essence reserves, but where they were mere large puddles, this was a lake, nay, and ocean. What he had though was a wealth of Luax was but a small pond in comparison.

"How, where," he murmured, not stopping to form his thoughts. "How could I obtain one of these?" All thoughts of Essences and shrines were absorbed by getting one of those stones.

The clerk blinked. "Er, well, pretty simple! All members of the Order have a stone. So you just have to join! Is that something you'd be interested in?"

@Ookla the Unknown

On 12/15/2022 at 6:53 AM, Ookla the Kobold said:

"Who said you were making this choice?" Miyako glared at him and turned to Yerik, casually flipping open her waterskin. "Acolyte, would the Queen have taken your sister here?" 

"Almost certainly," interjected Vicius. "Even more so if her name has not yet been taken."

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

50 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

The clerk blinked. "Er, well, pretty simple! All members of the Order have a stone."

"Almost certainly," interjected Vicius. "Even more so if her name has not yet been taken."

Miyako grumbled as she looked out at the castle. Eventually she dramatically sighed, "Fine. Take us down."

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

4 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako grumbled as she looked out at the castle. Eventually she dramatically sighed, "Fine. Take us down."

The carriage landed.

"There are cracks," Vicius spoke. "Places where you can sneak through and watch, hidden." He gestured at the mountain, where a cave hole could barely be seen underneath the roots of a tree. "Enter there and follow the path to the castle."