Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

“Alrighty. That should help weaken it a little at least.” Vance started prepping his magical energy, pushing it into his fingertip. “Keep it up for now. I don’t know what would happen if I hit you with this on accident, but I doubt it’d be good.”

"Got it." The vibration in Antin's chest was intense, and he felt a sense of buildup.

Uh oh.

So I'm thinking that once the lynchpin is broken, he will overflow and release a burst of energy that corresponds with the magic he is currently dampening. What do you think an explosion of that energy would look like?

Just now, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Just about..." Vance put the last bit of energy into his finger, then gestured Antin aside. "Alright. Here goes."

Antin stepped aside, but the vibration did not stop. He could feel an immense buildup of energy, at the cusp of being released.

This might be bad.

At this point, Vance would begin detecting magic

Vance, however, did not begin detecting magic. He was focusing far too hard on the pinprick of incredible power focused into his fingertip as he pressed it into the lynchpin. Resistance came immediately, pushing back against his energy - but not enough.

Releasing the pent-up energy, he shattered the connection between realms, and the shadow realm blinked away instantly, leaving them back in the doorway of the room.

"It worked!"

1 minute ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance, however, did not begin detecting magic. He was focusing far too hard on the pinprick of incredible power focused into his fingertip as he pressed it into the lynchpin. Resistance came immediately, pushing back against his energy - but not enough.

Releasing the pent-up energy, he shattered the connection between realms, and the shadow realm blinked away instantly, leaving them back in the doorway of the room.

"It worked!"

Antin stood by, looking extremely tense. Licks of shadow flickered around him.

"Uh, Vance?

"Hm?"

"Watch out."

Unable to contain the energy any longer, Antin let it pour out. The frequency persisted and grew stronger as a massive burst of dark energy exploded out from him.

When the onslaught ended, Antin was left standing in the same place, breathing heavily. The only difference now was that he looked normal, with a medium skin tone and brown hair.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Watch out."

Unable to contain the energy any longer, Antin let it pour out. The frequency persisted and grew stronger as a massive burst of dark energy exploded out from him.

Vance had absolutely no way of guarding himself. He was already sweating from the exertion of focusing so much energy, and gathering a protective veil about his entire body would've been difficult even without that in so short a time. The darkness slammed into him, coursing across his body and tossing him to the floor.

All in all, it didn't do much. He lay on the floor in a daze for a couple seconds.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

When the onslaught ended, Antin was left standing in the same place, breathing heavily. The only difference now was that he looked normal, with a medium skin tone and brown hair.

"The hell was that?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Vance had absolutely no way of guarding himself. He was already sweating from the exertion of focusing so much energy, and gathering a protective veil about his entire body would've been difficult even without that in so short a time. The darkness slammed into him, coursing across his body and tossing him to the floor.

All in all, it didn't do much. He lay on the floor in a daze for a couple seconds.

"The hell was that?"

"Didn't I tell you? When I gather too much energy it kind of... comes out."

"Mostly. Just a bit shocked is all." He stood up and brushed off his pants, then looked around. "Well, at least one thing's for sure: there's something here in this room that they don't want us finding."

"Yup. I guess we search it now?"

"It's probably not something super important," Vance explained, now flipping through pages, "but definitely something they use a lot."

"Right. While you're at it, can you look for a book about the runes?"

"'S what I'm doing. There's a lot of magical theory here. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a collection like this..." Vance was impressed. How had a witch like that come across a collection like this?

"Could we feasibly take them with us somehow?"

"I think we should probably rent a wagon," Vance replied, setting the book back on the shelf and taking another, "and take them back to my place sometime. I'm sure there's plenty else here for us to take too."

"How do you plan on renting a wagon in the middle of nowhere?"