Channelknight Fadran

20 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako choked out a laugh in between her sobs. "Our time is up. They're coming. But, tides, if I can let you live, see the world...that's enough for me. I've already fought the world. I'm broken even if you can't see it. But I'm ok right now, and that's enough." Miyako began to pull herself out of Hyron's grip. 

Hyron pulled Miyako back in, this time for a hug. "Don't give up yet. When this is over, and it will be over, we're going to fix things. I swear on the light of the Moons, by the Forest itself, that we will come out of this alive, and we will start down the path to recovery."

Hyron broke free from the hug, holding Miyako's face. "Will you help me do that? I might not see that you're broken, you may have already fought the world, but there's still fighting to be done. Nothing that's broken can't be fixed. If you think about it, something broken has more room to be filled in with good things. Fill in the cracks in your soul caused by grief and anguish with love and hope. Okay?"

Hyron smiled, then looked behind Miyako, noting the fast approaching enemy. "Fight with me. Then we'll talk more."

They turned to look at Yerik over their shoulder. "You staying or going?"

@Ookla the Forgotten

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Hyron pulled Miyako back in, this time for a hug. "Don't give up yet. When this is over, and it will be over, we're going to fix things. I swear on the light of the Moons, by the Forest itself, that we will come out of this alive, and we will start down the path to recovery."

Hyron broke free from the hug, holding Miyako's face. "Will you help me do that? I might not see that you're broken, you may have already fought the world, but there's still fighting to be done. Nothing that's broken can't be fixed. If you think about it, something broken has more room to be filled in with good things. Fill in the cracks in your soul caused by grief and anguish with love and hope. Okay?"

Hyron smiled, then looked behind Miyako, noting the fast approaching enemy. "Fight with me. Then we'll talk more."

@Ookla the Forgotten

Miyako looking at Hyron, a sad smile on her face. "Hy-" Miyako cut off. "Viney, you can't fight gods. I can."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako looking at Hyron, a sad smile on her face. "Hy-" Miyako cut off. "Viney, you can't fight gods. I can."

"First time for everything." Hyron said, then summoned a couple of vines. They waved around in anticipation.

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

"First time for everything." Hyron said, then summoned a couple of vines. They waved around in anticipation.

Miyako's face flashed between conflicting emotions. With a heavy sigh she fell into position besides Hyron, pointing her sword towards the enemy. "Tides." Miyako muttered. "Why did I kiss someone so stubborn?"

I'm excited to see if Hyron dies first or Miyako succumbs to her Shadow trying to fight them off. This will certainly be interesting :)

hopefully neither :eyes: i want my ship to flourish it damn well better.

"Well, to be fair," Hyron said as the enemy crowded the crack, "I kissed you first." Then Hyron blasted the crack open, and jumped into the battle, vines flinging around, knocking people over left and right.

It was time to fight.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Forgotten

Edited by Ookla the Crow

On 12/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, Ookla the Kobold said:

Quest peeked past Kealie to look into the room. The room was dimly lit and sparse. Rich wallpaper and fine carpet covered the room and it was entirely devoid of runes. The only object in the room was a large shelf that covered the wall opposite the door. Lined on the shelves were dolls.

They wore all manner of clothes and hair, but the same smile was painted on each. Quest thought he heard the faintest sounds brush past his mind, quiet giggling that tapered off as the door opened. Quest shivered.

Anything alive in the room that would be unaffected by her magic? 

7 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

@Ookla the Forgotten

Yerik exhaled, determination entering his face. "Staying."

5 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

"Well, to be fair," Hyron said as the enemy crowded the crack, "I kissed you first." Then Hyron blasted the crack open, and jumped into the battle, vines flinging around, knocking people over left and right.

It was time to fight.

The room was filled with thick, whirling mist, making it hard to see what was going on. Soldiers poured in from every side; for each one that Hyron knocked over or tied up, two more came to take their place. 

Yerik ran up the wall towards the ceiling, trying to get above the cloud that the Queen had called up.

3 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Would Kealie or Eej be able to sense if something was alive? 

6 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

It was time to fight.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

Yerik exhaled, determination entering his face. "Staying."

The room was filled with thick, whirling mist, making it hard to see what was going on. Soldiers poured in from every side; for each one that Hyron knocked over or tied up, two more came to take their place. 

Yerik ran up the wall towards the ceiling, trying to get above the cloud that the Queen had called up.

Miyako stood stunned at Hyron's word and before she could question him he was already gone. Grumbling to herself, Miyako ran into the throne room. She called the water that was left from the attack on Geff and got to work on the soldiers.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Kobold said:

Miyako stood stunned at Hyron's word and before she could question him he was already gone. Grumbling to herself, Miyako ran into the throne room. She called the water that was left from the attack on Geff and got to work on the soldiers.

The soldiers fought with perilous efficiency, never a step out of place. Their numbers seemed inexhaustible, as did the gradually thickening mist.

Yerik pushed his way out of the top of the artificial cloud the Queen had created into clear air. He looked up (down?) and could see shapes moving in the fog, if only barely. Where are they? he wondered, scanning his eyes across the roiling mass of white.

All of a sudden, cold metal gripped his ankles. He gasped, looking down (up?) at the metal stands pouring out of a crack in the wall. By the time his mind had processed what was happening, they had already encased his entire lower body in threads of gold. He struggled, shouting, but he was as trapped as a fly in a web.

On the ground, the Queen's soldiers abruptly retreated, fading back into the cloud.

Edited by Ookla the Forgotten

7 hours ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

The soldiers fought with perilous efficiency, never a step out of place. Their numbers seemed inexhaustible, as did the gradually thickening mist.

Yerik pushed his way out of the top of the artificial cloud the Queen had created into clear air. He looked up (down?) and could see shapes moving in the fog, if only barely. Where are they? he wondered, scanning his eyes across the roiling mass of white.

All of a sudden, cold metal gripped his ankles. He gasped, looking down (up?) at the metal stands pouring out of a crack in the wall. By the time his mind had processed what was happening, they had already encased his entire lower body in threads of gold. He struggled, shouting, but he was as trapped as a fly in a web.

On the ground, the Queen's soldiers abruptly retreated, fading back into the cloud.

Are there windows in this room?

Miyako spun around looking for the retreating soldiers in the mist. She ran towards where she thought the thrones were, to try and get a vantage point.

Dear companions, we have reached the port town on Caerlon if you would like to do something, sorry to bug you but I don't want to move on/timeskip and confuse people

@Ookla the Nerdy @Ookla the Implosion @InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Shallan Stormblessed (if this is the wrong Shalan I'm sorry! It appears you no longer use your Ookla name)

Hyron spun, sweat flinging from their brow as vines flung from their fingers. A protective barrier waved around, bashing anyone who came near, but they just kept coming.

Hyron looked around for Miyako, but there was a fog, out of which more soldiers kept coming. Stalks, how many were there. Hyron thought about entering an Attunement, but it would be too dangerous.

Perhaps later, but not now, when they were surrounded.

@Mr. Misting @Ookla the Forgotten

18 minutes ago, Ookla the magician said:

@Ookla the Nerdy @Ookla the Implosion @InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Shallan Stormblessed (if this is the wrong Shalan I'm sorry! It appears you no longer use your Ookla name)

MeSaan looked out over Caerlon. It was a part of the Otero chain, but wasn't as central to the economy as the main island. It had some workshops, but it was mostly residential. It was still industrial, but compared to Otero, it seemed... quaint.

Annimus woke from the dream, metal creaking and sweat pouring down his fur.

Heartfire whinned and Annimus calmed down a bit.

Afterall it was just a dream...A dream that was a memory...the reason he didn't enter towns anymore.

Sweat began pouring down his fur again. The soft fur of Hear-

THE SOFT FUR???

"How, how do you have fur?"

Heartfire shakes her mane in a horsey sort of way. But Annimus could see that she had a coat of fur instead of the normal horse hair.

Shaking his head, Annimus looks up and sees the sprawl of buildings on the horizon.

"So, we're almost there already?"

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Forgotten

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako spun around looking for the retreating soldiers in the mist. She ran towards where she thought the thrones were, to try and get a vantage point.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron spun, sweat flinging from their brow as vines flung from their fingers. A protective barrier waved around, bashing anyone who came near, but they just kept coming.

Hyron looked around for Miyako, but there was a fog, out of which more soldiers kept coming. Stalks, how many were there. Hyron thought about entering an Attunement, but it would be too dangerous.

Perhaps later, but not now, when they were surrounded.

@Mr. Misting @Ookla the Forgotten

There are no windows, actually. The room is lit with Echo. (An unconventional use, perhaps, but an effective one.)

Miyako stumbled across the thones, but they were empty. The very tip of the seat poked up above the cloud, giving her a view of Yerik tied up and dangling from the ceiling.

"Travelers!" the Queen's voice called through the mist. "Warriors!" Her voice was silk and honey. "You have wandered far, and fought much. Surely, you must be tired!"

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Annimus woke from the dream, metal creaking and sweat pouring down his fur.

Heartfire whinned and Annimus calmed down a bit.

Afterall it was just a dream...A dream that was a memory...the reason he didn't enter towns anymore.

Sweat began pouring down his fur again. The soft fur of Hear-

THE SOFT FUR???

"How, how do you have fur?"

Heartfire shakes her mane in a horsey sort of way. But Annimus could see that she had a coat of fur instead of the normal horse hair.

Shaking his head, Annimus looks up and sees the sprawl of buildings on the horizon.

"So, we're almost there already?"

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Forgotten

"Yes," replied Anikel in a neutral tone. He leaned in close, lowering his voice so that only the pair of them could hear. "Tell me, Wanderer; why does my horse have fur?"

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Forgotten said:

There are no windows, actually. The room is lit with Echo. (An unconventional use, perhaps, but an effective one.)

Miyako stumbled across the thones, but they were empty. The very tip of the seat poked up above the cloud, giving her a view of Yerik tied up and dangling from the ceiling.

"Travelers!" the Queen's voice called through the mist. "Warriors!" Her voice was silk and honey. "You have wandered far, and fought much. Surely, you must be tired!"

How high is the ceiling? How far away is Yerik from Miyako? Where are the golden threads coming from? Is there anything on the walls? How high does the mist reach?