Channelknight Fadran

13 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako let the sword pull her forward, using the force to jump over the rope. As soon as she landed Miyako began dashing towards the Princess, letting the rope around her sword go slack. As Miyako sprinted towards the Princess, her blob of water also advanced. It drifted towards the Princess, trying to seep past her clothes.

"So you agree with the Queen? What's she doing?" Miyako called out.

The rope held tightly to the sword, ripping it out of Miyako's hands as she flew through the air. It flicked it backwards, sending it clattering across the floor and through the open doorway behind the princess.

The princess used the remaining short rope to slash at the blob of water, trying to shatter it into droplets. As she did so, Miyako could feel power tugging at the blob, trying to pull it apart as it had done before.

"I don't understand what you mean," the princess replied. "This is her island to rule. She was chosen."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Yeah, I’m good. Just feeling a bit drained.” She yawned. 

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Get outside before you pass out. Last thing we want is to have to drag you out a broken window.”

Quest nodded before realizing Kealie couldn't see him. "Um, yeah, just get outside. We'll run around back and get to you as fast as we can."

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The rope held tightly to the sword, ripping it out of Miyako's hands as she flew through the air. It flicked it backwards, sending it clattering across the floor and through the open doorway behind the princess.

The princess used the remaining short rope to slash at the blob of water, trying to shatter it into droplets. As she did so, Miyako could feel power tugging at the blob, trying to pull it apart as it had done before.

"I don't understand what you mean," the princess replied. "This is her island to rule. She was chosen."

Miyako bit off a curse as the sword was ripped from her grip. She whipped out a short knife, warily circling the Princess. 

The rope passed through the blob of water with no effect. It continued unhindered as it flew towards the Princess.

Miyako responded, "So? If it's wrong it's wrong. And I don't think she's ruling to well."

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Quest nodded before realizing Kealie couldn't see him. "Um, yeah, just get outside. We'll run around back and get to you as fast as we can."

Miyako bit off a curse as the sword was ripped from her grip. She whipped out a short knife, warily circling the Princess. 

The rope passed through the blob of water with no effect. It continued unhindered as it flew towards the Princess.

Miyako responded, "So? If it's wrong it's wrong. And I don't think she's ruling to well."

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Get outside before you pass out. Last thing we want is to have to drag you out a broken window.”

“Kay.” She stumbled over and grabbed the wall. Eej grew his vines out a lot, anchored himself to several points in the room, and lowered Kealie out the window. 

“Thanks, Eej.” She yawned again, the lay back on his vines.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

"Oh? How many people do you suppose the average ruler kills, every week?"

The princess shifted her position, letting the water splash onto her leg as she launched herself towards Miyako, bringing her long rope around to encircle her.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Kay.” She stumbled over and grabbed the wall. Eej grew his vines out a lot, anchored himself to several points in the room, and lowered Kealie out the window. 

“Thanks, Eej.” She yawned again, the lay back on his vines.

Vance was over not after long, having jogged the whole distance to the side of the house. “Goodness, what happened to you?”

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance was over not after long, having jogged the whole distance to the side of the house. “Goodness, what happened to you?”

“I guess I Ocumerited. This time it pulled from my…” another yawn— “sleep based energy.” 

“Your power doesn’t primarily destroy and create; where it can, it replaces. Moving the tree was just that, producing no additional matter or form. That’s why you were still up and at it when the bunny attacked too. Maybe it was a complicated organism, but all you really did was change the form of the dorgrin. That’s why it was as large as it was and why it could breathe fire.”

Vance decided to sit down beside her. Hopefully by this point she’d be groggy enough to have forgotten her earlier panic, but the sound of actual fear in her voice hadn’t so readily left his mind yet. He told himself it was to comfort Kealie, but deep down he was aware that it was really himself that he was trying to console.

”That window, however, was directly imbued with magic. To remove a spell like that normally you’d have to unbind it bit by bit- likely over the course of several hours. Ocumeritation can’t very well do that on its own because it’s also just magic and nothing more. To destroy that spell so quickly would require nothing less than an incredible burst of magic.”

He looked down at her and smiled. “You’re a lot stronger than you think. Remember that.”

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Your power doesn’t primarily destroy and create; where it can, it replaces. Moving the tree was just that, producing no additional matter or form. That’s why you were still up and at it when the bunny attacked too. Maybe it was a complicated organism, but all you really did was change the form of the dorgrin. That’s why it was as large as it was and why it could breathe fire.”

Vance decided to sit down beside her. Hopefully by this point she’d be groggy enough to have forgotten her earlier panic, but the sound of actual fear in her voice hadn’t so readily left his mind yet. He told himself it was to comfort Kealie, but deep down he was aware that it was really himself that he was trying to console.

”That window, however, was directly imbued with magic. To remove a spell like that normally you’d have to unbind it bit by bit- likely over the course of several hours. Ocumeritation can’t very well do that on its own because it’s also just magic and nothing more. To destroy that spell so quickly would require nothing less than an incredible burst of magic.”

He looked down at her and smiled. “You’re a lot stronger than you think. Remember that.”

She took a breath and smiled back. “Thanks. I’ll try. When do we eat? If I fall asleep, will I miss it?”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A sigh of relief. Vance dropped his head, a little exhausted himself.

”We’re actually out of stew,” he whispered to Quest. “I didn’t know how to break it to her.”

@Mr. Misting

Quest nodded from his slumped position of hands on knees. He gasped in air in between words. "Do we, um, have any bread?"

39 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh? How many people do you suppose the average ruler kills, every week?"

The princess shifted her position, letting the water splash onto her leg as she launched herself towards Miyako, bringing her long rope around to encircle her.

"Oh?" Miyako said smirking. "Least they don't steal everyone's names and take away people's autonomy." 

As the blob of water hit the princess's leg, Miyako gave a savage grin. Tightly gripping control of the spell, Miyako pushed the water past the clothing. And then it turned back to liquid steel, a sharp, biting tide of water. It climbed up the princess's body, moving towards her head all while staying within her clothes.

Miyako moved to slide underneath the rope, but it was a token effort at best. The fight was nearing to an end.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest nodded from his slumped position of hands on knees. He gasped in air in between words. "Do we, um, have any bread?"

"Oh?" Miyako said smirking. "Least they don't steal everyone's names and take away people's autonomy." 

As the blob of water hit the princess's leg, Miyako gave a savage grin. Tightly gripping control of the spell, Miyako pushed the water past the clothing. And then it turned back to liquid steel, a sharp, biting tide of water. It climbed up the princess's body, moving towards her head all while staying within her clothes.

Miyako moved to slide underneath the rope, but it was a token effort at best. The fight was nearing to an end.

The princess screamed as the water began to cut into her skin. Her golden armor melted and poured down her leg, pushing against the water. There was a cry from outside, and the force tearing the water apart redoubled.

The rope wrapped around Miyako's neck and started to tighten.

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The princess screamed as the water began to cut into her skin. Her golden armor melted and poured down her leg, pushing against the water. There was a cry from outside, and the force tearing the water apart redoubled.

The rope wrapped around Miyako's neck and started to tighten.

Miyako witty remark was cut off when the rope sank down to grab her throat. The dagger slipped from her fingers as Miyako struggled for air.

Miyako sank to her knees, pooling all of her effort on controlling the water and pushing the rope away from her throat. 

Half of the stream leapt away from the leg, shooting for the princess's head. The other half continued to push against the armor, while cutting away at the princess's leg.

53 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Whoa. You okay, man?”

Quest waved Vance off. "Yes, I, ah, haven't run that fast for a while. I should probably get back to the old training schedule..." Quest paused and pulled himself up. "I'm ok. Just winded from keeping up with you."

7 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako witty remark was cut off when the rope sank down to grab her throat. The dagger slipped from her fingers as Miyako struggled for air.

Miyako sank to her knees, pooling all of her effort on controlling the water and pushing the rope away from her throat. 

Half of the stream leapt away from the leg, shooting for the princess's head. The other half continued to push against the armor, while cutting away at the princess's leg.

More metal met the water, trying to trap it within its grasp. Cutting with the water became more difficult as the foreign power blunted the edges. And all the while the rope tightened.

"Surrender," the guards spoke in unison. "Cease your fighting. Stop. Stop. Stop." Half of them turned and ran towards Miyako and the princess, continuing their chant.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest waved Vance off. "Yes, I, ah, haven't run that fast for a while. I should probably get back to the old training schedule..." Quest paused and pulled himself up. "I'm ok. Just winded from keeping up with you."

“Really? You seemed pretty spry while we were fighting.”

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Really? You seemed pretty spry while we were fighting.”

Quest blushed. "Yes, I, ah, guess I am ok. But I used to be better. I don't have a lot of reasons to run around today." 

54 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

More metal met the water, trying to trap it within its grasp. Cutting with the water became more difficult as the foreign power blunted the edges. And all the while the rope tightened.

"Surrender," the guards spoke in unison. "Cease your fighting. Stop. Stop. Stop." Half of them turned and ran towards Miyako and the princess, continuing their chant.

Would the ropes stop choking Miyako if hypothetically their magic was drained?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest blushed. "Yes, I, ah, guess I am ok. But I used to be better. I don't have a lot of reasons to run around today." 

“Well take your time. I’ll get some food ready.” Vance made a mental note of all their leftover supplies. “We might want to get leaving for town sooner or later. I doubt we’ll be able to take everything we find with us on our backs alone.”