Channelknight Fadran

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm. But the ropes would stop being animated, right? Also what are the ropes made out of?

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Well take your time. I’ll get some food ready.” Vance made a mental note of all their leftover supplies. “We might want to get leaving for town sooner or later. I doubt we’ll be able to take everything we find with us on our backs alone.”

"Yeah, we probably should restock. Where, um, is the nearest town?"

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A few days' travel. If we can rent a wagon or a carriage or something, we can probably take a lot of the interesting things back with us. From there we can get them all to my place in Orteo."

"Ok, sounds good. Let's maybe rest for a day so Kealie can sleep and I can copy as many runes as possible. But, um, where are we going to rent a carriage?"

53 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm, interesting. Before I make any drastic decisions though, lets see what Hyron and Yerik are doing while I fight Mariel. Maybe they deal with the guards fast enough to save Miyako.

@CalanoCorvus

51 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The town. A couple of us will stay here while the rest go and get it. It'll be a bit of a ride to get to Orteo, but we should get there soon enough - and with time to spare before the Triluminescence, I might add."

"Wait, what's this Triluminescence?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sure. I'll probably take Kealie with me, so you can work with Antin." Vance proffered the staff he'd found to Quest. "On another note, do you happen to know what this is?"

What does it look like?

Quest grabbed the staff and began inspecting it. 

It's a wooden staff (made of a curly branch) with a  m y s t e r i o u s  red gem at the end :ph34r:

Quest rolled it between his hands and pulled it closer to inspect the gem at the top. "It has a solid weight to it and I think it is made of mahogany wood. Might hold some magic properties, especially relating to that very mysterious red gem." Quest handed the staff back to Vance. "I assume you found it in the house?"

"Sure did. We tried it out, too. For now I put a temporary seal over it using those runes you found, so we won't be constantly activating it."

Vance tapped the stone at the top. "It's an aether stone. Pure, condensed magical energy. This right here is probably worth several thousand crys; more if you find the right buyer. What it's really useful for, though, is providing you with power to use in your spellcasting."

"Sure did. We tried it out, too. For now I put a temporary seal over it using those runes you found, so we won't be constantly activating it."

Vance tapped the stone at the top. "It's an aether stone. Pure, condensed magical energy. This right here is probably worth several thousand crys; more if you find the right buyer. What it's really useful for, though, is providing you with power to use in your spellcasting."

Quest adjusted his glasses and pulled the aether stone closer to his face. "Fascinating. Anyway, should sell for a good price at the Triluminescence." Quest held out the staff to Vance.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Um, ok cool. I guess I'll go copy as many runes as possible in one day now." Quest began to walk away, absently muttering to himself. "Do I really need to sleep?"

"You sleep, Quest. I can work on the runes for a while."

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Probably.” Vanced tapped Eej on the ‘head’ a couple times. “Heya. Mind bringing her inside?”

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

Eej encased her completely, then slithered inside.

I’m not gonna be on today, so Kealie will just sleep as long as stuff goes and Eej will follow the others and obey simple requests so yes have fun with that!