The 17th Shard Symphony Orchestra (and other musicians)

3 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Everyone hates violins and calls us squeaky and annoying and useless sooooo....

Shallan=violin.

You are an incredible person.
I agree with you.
Shallan is squeaky, annoying, and useless.

Spoiler

Sorry to all of those Shallan likers... but I have no regrets.

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

You are an incredible person.
I agree with you.
Shallan is squeaky, annoying, and useless.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry to all of those Shallan likers... but I have no regrets.

>:O *gasp*

I mean, I'm not a massive Shallan fan (she is annoying at times) but SHE AND ADOLIN ARE PERFECT AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE MY MIND

Speaking of Adolin...

what instrument would he be?

9 hours ago, Telrao said:

>:O *gasp*

I mean, I'm not a massive Shallan fan (she is annoying at times) but SHE AND ADOLIN ARE PERFECT AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE MY MIND

He’s too good for her. She doesn’t deserve him with the amount of times she’s insulted and mistreated everyone around her, including him.

Okay um hi I only ever played flute badly for like a year and can kinda play piano so I don't belong here but I'm not going to just sit here and let Shallan get slandered like this.

She's my favorite character, I look forward to her chapters the most, and I relate with her the most. In insulting her, you insult me and my love for her.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

18 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Everyone hates violins and calls us squeaky and annoying and useless sooooo....

Shallan=violin.

17 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

We don't always call you squeaky and annoying... What am I saying, yes we do.

16 hours ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

Shallan would just own the fact that she's squeaky and annoying as a violin player

12 hours ago, SPECTRE120 said:

Shallan would be a piccolo (even more annoying than violin)

Stop it.

If you don't play it outside of a school orchestra, you shouldn't insult it.

Saying violins are squeaky and annoying is kind of like saying books are boring and useless.

Edited by Tani

Just now, Tani said:

Stop it.

Saying violins are squeaky and annoying is like saying books are boring.

Well, ummmm see, those kids in that outside school orchestra I'm in are kind of annoying too...

But I do think it's probably a bad idea to be so mean to violinists.

Though, I don't really see why you would want a violin over other string instruments. I prefer the sounds of the others quite a bit. I guess every instrument has a role.

14 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Well, ummmm see, those kids in that outside school orchestra I'm in are kind of annoying too...

But I do think it's probably a bad idea to be so mean to violinists.

Though, I don't really see why you would want a violin over other string instruments. I prefer the sounds of the others quite a bit. I guess every instrument has a role.

I didn't get to pick.

Violinists get to play fiddling songs, and I love fiddling.

I mostly only knew about violins and guitars, and guitars were a harmony/chords type of instrument as far as I knew.

Everyone else in my family played violin.

We only had violin and piano music books, and I had to play two instruments.

Edited by Tani

37 minutes ago, Tani said:

Stop it.

Saying violins are squeaky and annoying is kind of like saying books are boring and useless.

I’m sorry! I play the violin outside of orchestra and I fiddle, I’m playing the devil went down to Georgia and millionaire’s hoedown right now, but I was playing on stereotypes!!

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Okay um hi I only ever played flute badly for like a year and can kinda play piano so I don't belong here but I'm not going to just sit here and let Shallan get slandered like this.

She's my favorite character, I look forward to her chapters the most, and I relate with her the most. In insulting her, you insult me and my love for her.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Okay. You can have your opinion. I personally only read her chapters to see Wit, Pattern, and worldbuilding.

35 minutes ago, Tani said:

Stop it.

16 minutes ago, Tani said:

I didn't get to pick.

Violinists get to play fiddling songs, and I love fiddling.

I mostly only knew about violins and guitars, and guitars were a harmony/chords type of instrument as far as I knew.

Everyone else in my family played violin.

We only had violin and piano music books, and I had to play two instruments.

Sorry, I'm not saying all are, but every single one except two people (one of whom quit violin) are annoying. At least when they're my age. I play in a different orchestra too, and the violins are less annoying, but they still aren't great. Too be entirely fair, I'm speaking a bass player who is constantly bored because the violins in my school orchestra aren't at my level and so I'm constantly bored. Plus, I always want the hard songs and everyone else (besides the other basses) wants the easy songs. I got outvoted by a little bit on a song that had a bass solo that I totally would have gotten just because the violin part was a little bit harder on that one than the one they chose, so I'm a little upset at violins. Sorry if you're insulted by what I'm saying. I call it as I see it, but if your experience is different than mine, I apologize. I'm sure that you guys are good people. I just know a lot of annoying violins. I respect the instrument but the people themselves have to earn my respect.

21 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Okay. You can have your opinion. I personally only read her chapters to see Wit, Pattern, and worldbuilding.

Sorry, I'm not saying all are, but every single one except two people (one of whom quit violin) are annoying. At least when they're my age. I play in a different orchestra too, and the violins are less annoying, but they still aren't great. Too be entirely fair, I'm speaking a bass player who is constantly bored because the violins in my school orchestra aren't at my level and so I'm constantly bored. Plus, I always want the hard songs and everyone else (besides the other basses) wants the easy songs. I got outvoted by a little bit on a song that had a bass solo that I totally would have gotten just because the violin part was a little bit harder on that one than the one they chose, so I'm a little upset at violins. Sorry if you're insulted by what I'm saying. I call it as I see it, but if your experience is different than mine, I apologize. I'm sure that you guys are good people. I just know a lot of annoying violins. I respect the instrument but the people themselves have to earn my respect.

So you're saying that because you know a lot of annoying violinists, we're all annoying? If we have to earn your respect, maybe we should have to earn your bad opinion too?

Edit: Also I misunderstood you because I thought you were talking about the instrument, not the players of the instrument.

Edited by Tani

I think the reason so many people insult violins is that violin is one of the worst instruments to be bad at. If you are bad at violin you sound worse than if you were bad at another instrument. People think about that that and don't remember that violins can sound amazing if you are good at playing them.