The Battle for the Sandwich

how many fingers do you have  

116 members have voted

1. 1. what color is your chair

• french
    • microwave

I would then take the path that they didn’t say.  This is because Liar will tell me that Truth will say  [whichever one is the deadly jungle ] and Truth, knowing that Liar is a liar will also tell me [whichever one is the deadly jungle].

I sit on a rock wishing I had someway to get to Roshar or bring the Sandwich to me. Then I remember about my Sandwich attractor ray, and decide, why not give it a go? It works! And the sandwich travels across worlds only to land in the palm of my outstretched hand.

Just now, Cinnamon said:

I would then take the path that they didn’t say.  This is because Liar will tell me that Truth will say  [whichever one is the deadly jungle ] and Truth, knowing that Liar is a liar will also tell me [whichever one is the deadly jungle].

Yup!

My sandwich sense tingles and I lunge to the left, swiping the sandwich.

I am now also sad, and the power of sadnesses brings Szeth across worlds to me, we ask each other why we are sad, have a great venting session and become life long friends. I ask him to kindly get the sandwich off Wiz by intimidating him with nightblood, so that we can share it. He agrees

Edited by Cinnamon

10 hours ago, Telrao said:

Unfortunately for Nerdy, I already gained infinite life from the MTG game I'd played earlier, and so had no ill effects.

If you don't play MTG you can ignore this rant.

You can't truly gain infinite life. You can only gain an arbitrarily large amount.

Tournament rules state that any combo that can create an infinite loop has to be bounded by a large number chosen by the combo player. “Arbitrarily large” is the Magic shorthand for “infinite,” and combo players have their standard huge numbers to repeat a loop for: a googolplex, a million and one, etc.

If you set up Heliod, Soul Warden, and Scurry oak, rulings state that you have to break the loop eventually. You can go through it an arbitrarily large amount of times, gaining huge amounts of life (googleplex, a billion, etc.), but eventually you'll have to stop. When I set up infinite damage, I can say that I go through the loop "Telrao's life total plus one" times, and win the game on the spot.
I could also win with alt wincons, such as Approach of the Second Sun or giving my Blightsteel Colossus flying to evade the squirrels that the combo generates, and kill you with Infect.

Sorry about the rant.

I pop out of the sky, Kaladin style, and grab the sandwich.

14 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Sorry about the rant.

Unfortunately for Nerdy, I had a secret bracelet with aons carved into it that would activate whenever I reached a life-threatening level of health, thus healing me constantly. 

I play a dog whistle, and the dog brings me the sandwich in the hat. I take the sandwich, put the hat on my head, and summon a legion of dogs with my whistle.

I make sure to be well-equipped with steaks as I slowly travel through the dog army, handing treats to all that try to attack me. Once I reach Telrao on her throne in the center, I bow. "O great Feline Elantrian, I as your humble servant, I only ask for your blessing in my endeavors. My family is starving."

I come in with my dog legion, dressed as Arlinn. We begin a super-complicated dance, backflipping, somersaults, and elaborate tap dancing. We finish, and our performance has drawn Eluvianii back to the building. We take the sandwich as a prize, the exit the home. I dismiss my loyal dogs, remove the costume (human hair does not smell nice!) and enter the cognitive realm, leaping onto Spanky's back and riding all the way to Scadrial.

Edited by Telrao