The Battle for the Sandwich

how many fingers do you have  

116 members have voted

1. 1. what color is your chair

• french
    • microwave

On 11/18/2022 at 11:38 AM, Mr. Misting said:

Mr. Misting paused, this was quite odd. He was normally threatened with death on Tuesdays.

"Would you accept this empty Snickers wrapper as payment?"

Now that the sandwich has been stolen, I sense something…improper grammar! I immediately begin lecturing Mr. Misting. 

“You need a semicolon after paused. You see, these are both independent clauses, so you need a conjunction, a semicolon, or a period after paused. If you use a conjunction, I would use as, or perhaps for. See as follows: ‘Mr. Misting paused, as/for this was quite odd.’ 

Also, the use of the word quite doesn’t quite convey what you want it to. While using less common words may seem better, a word like very actually works better in this scenario. If you have other questions, comments, concerns, or emotional outbursts, please ask.”

And so I leave a confused but penitent Mr. Misting to think about his choices while I resume my search for a sandwich. 

Edited by AesSedai318

3 hours ago, AesSedai318 said:

Now that the sandwich has been stolen, I sense something…improper grammar! I immediately begin lecturing Mr. Misting. 

“You need a semicolon after paused. You see, these are both independent clauses, so you need a conjunction, a semicolon, or a period after paused. If you use a conjunction, I would use for. See as follows: ‘Mr. Misting paused, for this was quite odd.’ 

Also, the use of the word quite doesn’t quite convey what you want it to. While using less common words may seem better, a word like very actually works better in this scenario. If you have other questions, comments, concerns, or emotional outbursts, please ask.”

And so I leave a confused but penitent Mr. Misting to think about his choices while I resume my search for a sandwich. 

Mr. Misting purchased a dictionary; and began reading to the issues upon which had been highlighted. Mr. Misting goes to proceeds to cracking his knuckles. "You have one of them good points, I'll be admitting; but you have underestimating my tier in butchery in the English dialect. He was quite very varying of the mad. He as in I because I am obviously he, as he is Mr. Misting and Mr. Misting is simply I or me. Spontaneous perambulating rubber duck; blatant misuse of semicolons; something that does n't quite convey what I (He (Mr. Misting)) would be wanting it I want it too. "Emotional outburst!? and I am in no form of penitent!" Satisfied; Mr. Misting, walked away from the massacring of grammar and language that was this trash-fire of stanza.

He then hurled the dictionary at Aes's head.

Edited by Mr. Misting

I refuse to read the wall of text above.
Refusing to pay attention to the prior events, I do a special dance while singing a special song. The sandwich disappears from wherever it was. In a flash of blinding darkness, it instead materializes in front of me. I reach towards the floating food item. Before I can touch it though...

I stab him with my poisonous ankle barbs. I grab the floating food item, it turns into my sandwich, and I start flying at faster than running speeds, but not fast enough to be tripped by anything.

Read the wall of text!!:angry: It is extremely vital to the forum. Absolutely. I would never lie to you:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: 

Love how we have two separate story lines going on
The sand witches create sand sandwiches. But which witch made which sandwich? Sand, which is confusing, sends ImportantQuestions surrendering. The sand, which made sandwiches, is sent to the sandwich's hiding place, which was revealed. Sandwich.

Never surrender (except when too much sand was said). "That was not too much sand! THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH SAND!!!!!!" My intense crazyness for sand brings the original sandwich safely to a place where it is promptly relocated into {Redacted}.

Edited by ImportantQuestions
I accidentally put a capital C in instead of lowercase. Oops.