Hey there, 17th Shard!

Berix

Figured I'd introduce myself—and alongside, probably make my first and only post here for a while (given my lackluster activity on nearly every other forum)—so...

Hi! I'm Berix. I started reading Sanderson with the Alcatraz books when I was probably 12 or 13, forgot he existed for a while, then picked up the Stormlight box set and binged the first three books in about a month during a slow part of college. I'm now nearly caught up with the Cosmere in time for TLM, and hope to begin my Stormlight reread before the end of the year!

I enjoy gaming—my favorite games include Age of Empries 2, Overwatch (...not 2), Terraria, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. I'm a part-time speedrunner for that last game, and hold a pair of world records for it, albeit for a subcategory and a romhack. If I'm not playing games, I'm usually reading something. Oftentimes it's fanfiction, but I've been getting back into "real" books recently with Red Rising and the Cosmere. Beyond that I also read quite a bit of manga.

Uhhhhhhhhhh. I like to pretend that I write, but lack a bit too much dedication to get anywhere with it right now. Couple of fanfics published, but not a whole lot that I'm super proud of.

Anyways, that's me! Good to finally be here on 17th Shard after so much time on Coppermind and Arcanum. I look forward to lurking about this place.

19 minutes ago, FlowerGirl said:

Do you have a favorite magic system? Mine is either Feruchemy or AonDor.

Mmm. I’m really liking Feruchemy, having just caught up to Era 2 and the inventive uses there. Surges also get a point just because Windrunner flying is sick.

20 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Welcome to the shard!

Do you enjoy the legend of zelda or hollow knight?

I’ve enjoyed the Zelda games that I have played, but that’s mostly the DS titles and BotW. Hollow Knight is a great metroidvania, though I prefer Aria and AM2R over it, among others. Ender Lillies is also an excellent metroidvania, with a similar atmosphere to HK.