i don’t even…

my brain keeps going over all the things i could have done that would have changes this game so much

Spoiler

23306489-ADEC-465B-915A-1AE3493C3B1E.thumb.jpeg.7065b1934ac39fcda831c62ec1e5d36b.jpegD7E5AD13-187C-4582-A600-632EC9A6AFB2.thumb.jpeg.1351f604c93d733607ef7a5937ad59c5.jpeg

that being said by assuming xino was alternating between self protecting and protecting kas i did actually get that 50/50 so

note to self: actually read rules carefully and don’t use the fenweed literally just withhold the kill it woulda done the same thing

also here’s the meme, based off of wiz’s meme :P

Spoiler

916E9F83-D4C5-4745-91DB-9AAA50AD2CD2.thumb.jpeg.98d3f568cfc5eb2dcd8c884cbe4c23f2.jpeg

Edited by Turtle
deleted extra blank space in bottom of post

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Sorry about that.

It was a fun game and now I like being village, Kas has converted me. :P

Good play turtle and bookwyrm, you had us chasing white hares everywhere.

yeah my first thought when i saw my gm pm was ‘oh no’ :P 

being village is far superior to being elim imo

also pms w u were a blast and your cats are adorable!

29 minutes ago, Turtle said:

i don’t even…

my brain keeps going over all the things i could have done that would have changes this game so much

Reveal hidden contents

23306489-ADEC-465B-915A-1AE3493C3B1E.thumb.jpeg.7065b1934ac39fcda831c62ec1e5d36b.jpegD7E5AD13-187C-4582-A600-632EC9A6AFB2.thumb.jpeg.1351f604c93d733607ef7a5937ad59c5.jpeg

that being said by assuming xino was alternating between self protecting and protecting kas i did actually get that 50/50 so

note to self: actually read rules carefully and don’t use the fenweed literally just withhold the kill it woulda done the same thing

also here’s the meme, based off of wiz’s meme :P

Reveal hidden contents

916E9F83-D4C5-4745-91DB-9AAA50AD2CD2.thumb.jpeg.98d3f568cfc5eb2dcd8c884cbe4c23f2.jpeg

...Shoot I thought I did mix things up. Now I'm realizing nope, I didn't. :P

Fun game, thanks for running it @Matrim's Dice!

@Kasimir, thank you for not tunneling on me, you've successfully redeemed yourself from LG90 :P.

And Bookwyrm and Turtle, very nice elim game!

Edit: Also @xinoehp512, you were insanely clutch with the tent, that was absolutely crazy

Edited by Shining Silhouette

53 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

@Kasimir, thank you for not tunneling on me, you've successfully redeemed yourself from LG90 :P.

You're welcome! :) I wish I was a bit more forceful but I wasn't as sure of V!you as I was of V!Archer :P I did PM Wiz after the game going "bro why didn't you PM me" because I expected V!Wiz to and would've heard him out, but RL before gaming, always.

Good work to the Elim team! And clutch save to @xinoehp512!

Usually I'd say I'm better at lylos where re-evaluation is necessary (MR53, where the Village just immediately hit Az, LG82) and Archer's better at lylos where you just need to commit and go (probably this one as well as LG79.)

@Ashbringer This is why we don't just stab Archer my bro :P 

Edit:

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It was a fun game and now I like being village, Kas has converted me. :P

Village best alignment :D

@Turtle - Disappointed you took so long to kill me, now I think Mat will never use my awesome death write-up :P 

Edited to add 2:

@The Unknown Novel - I said it in thread, but to clear it up, your CW was me trying to find a working CW, and I wasn't thinking too hard. My first hope was that Bookwyrm would go with me onto Turtle. When Bookwyrm declined, and I noticed that basically no one online could be induced to Turtle (they were either Turtle or already on Turtle), I looked through all existing one-vote trains to summon the CW for Archer. The fact I didn't V!read you did play a role but my choice was just determined by the fact JNV had already voted on you, I figured maybe Turtle doesn't mind self-pres, and there's like a whole bunch of people online I could @ who had expressed negative reads on you so maybe I could get you voted, but in all honesty I panicked because I had a very powerful Village read of Archer so swung into save Archer mode.

@Matrim's Dice - Out of curiosity, what was the cursed distro with E!me?

45 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

As GM I decree you are wrong :ph34r:

As the man who will one day GM the GM, I pre-emptively decree you are wrong :P 

Edited by Kasimir

25 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Disappointed you took so long to kill me, now I think Mat will never use my awesome death write-up :P 

If you want to send me an updated one I’ll put it in :P 

25 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@Matrim's Dice - Out of curiosity, what was the cursed distro with E!me?

It’s in the Master Sheet under the distros tab, but it was you and JNV as the elims.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If you want to send me an updated one I’ll put it in :P 

No thank you, I like the original awesome one even though my playstyle meant it wasn't going to work :P

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It’s in the Master Sheet under the distros tab, but it was you and JNV as the elims.

Spoiler

7r09p.jpg

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

...Shoot I thought I did mix things up. Now I'm realizing nope, I didn't. :P

on the spreadsheet it does say you concealed wiz c3, that was just the cycle where it didn’t matter :P

edit: mat did i get rafod on vinnie’s allignment in the writeup?

Edited by Turtle

10 minutes ago, Turtle said:

edit: mat did i get rafod on vinnie’s allignment in the writeup?

Uh well I was going to give him a result thing with Wiz and Kas but I forgot since I didn’t actually write anything yet (which, I have to work tonight so it’ll be like another 24 hours, sorry) but he’s no Shade :P 

I guess I wasnt avenged but since you died in the attempt Ill consider that enough to satisfy the pact youre the best Kasimir

This was fun a bit less stressful after I died but still fun and my one real regret is not passing the silver dust while we were voting out Bookwyrm cause that would have been I mean not like gamechanging but at least a little helpful 

Thaks for running this Matrim it was nice the hcaotic sway of possible outcomes was interesting

16 minutes ago, JNV said:

This was fun a bit less stressful after I died but still fun and my one real regret is not passing the silver dust while we were voting out Bookwyrm cause that would have been I mean not like gamechanging but at least a little helpful 

I thought of asking you. I don't know if passing it would have been gamechanging or helpful, and I can explain why.

A central part of the debates was whether E!Turtle lies about the fenweed. Item passing is blocked by fenweed sap. Since we now know E!Turtle did in fact roleblock you, the silver dust wouldn't have been passed. This more or less guarantees that:

A. You were roleblocked
B. Turtle did in fact roleblock you.

Since we were speculating a two Elim team, you and Turtle can't both be lying. Inability to pass the dust confirms the roleblock. I think that means the debate would have come back to you. But in a world where you subsequently flip V with Silver Dust, our conclusion is that Turtle did in fact roleblock you. Then the reasoning about the Elims using the Fenweed Sap comes into force, Turtle gets more or less softcleared off the back of it, and Wiz gets MLed off the bat.

But as mentioned, it didn't feel right and I agonised in a few DMs and my GM PM about it. I like mechclears but it felt like a bridge too far, especially asking you to potentially give up an item that could save your life. Felt like a shakedown, even if it was Village and so I didn't do it.

16 minutes ago, JNV said:

I guess I wasnt avenged but since you died in the attempt Ill consider that enough to satisfy the pact youre the best Kasimir

Ni ceti, vod :( But I died trying so that counts for something I guess.

I asked Mat to send you this quokka in response to the one you sent me, btw. This was me after you flipped and I was committed to vengeance:

Spoiler

92172514-4fc412557e26111704311f6f073ad0b

P.S. @Shining Silhouette

You have no idea how hard the anti-tunnel was >>

Spoiler

image.png?width=396&height=676

I was struggling so hard not to tunnel on you ;__;

Sorry about the late response!

On 11/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, xinoehp512 said:

@The Bookwyrm, how was your first elim game?

Fun. Because I won. 

In all seriousness, it was slightly stressful at first. I wasn't completely sure how to be not-suspicious, so I got ratted out pretty early on. Turtle had an interesting strategy in the elim doc, but once I got exed....

Luckily, they managed to salvage the match anyway. Somehow. I don't know how much of it was luck, and how much of it was planning, but it went perfectly.

Great work, @Turtle!

So...I have a lot to learn about being E!Bookwyrm, though. Hopefully I get better.

This was really fun! Thanks to everyone for playing, and thanks to @Matrim's Dice for running it. I look forward to murdering you playing more games with you all in the future! 

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Writeup has been edited in! Sorry it took so long. Thanks to @xinoehp512 for the second half, after the three stars.

I guess I'll give some GM thoughts too, I'm normally bad at that kind of thing (at least compared to Kas :P) but I'll see what I can do.

Balance wise, I mean, it ended at a 1v1 so I think that proves it was balanced alright. Now, granted, the game easily could have ended C2 if xino hadn't stopped the kill twice in a row, and if Ash had died to the knife RNG, but xino did block the kill twice, and RNG definitely favored prolonging the game as long as possible :P I was amazed that a 10-player game with an in theory higher chance of death lasted five cycles. Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe the death toll was a bit lower than I'd imagined.

In this particular distro, I'm happy with who got what items and what items they were. As soon as I gave Ash the knife I knew that he'd use it C1, his risk appetite is so much higher than mine xD And we all know how xino and the tent went. Shining never used his sap and Turtle used hers to block JNV, so that never really came into play, but that's fine. By the way-- in a larger game, I would have given the elims a knife, so theorizing that wasn't too far off.

The one thing I wish I did differently was have Violation hitting Silver Dust come up as attacked/survived (or violationed/survived) but I didn't think about that until it was too late. And it was JNV, which felt like it would change more than if it was like, Kas, or someone. (Kas didn't have Dust, but you get the idea). In the end I kept my mouth shut as I originally intended, but I wonder if knowing JNV got hit with the retaliation would have changed the outcome.

Overall, an extremely well played game by both sides. I kept being impressed by every single player in this game-- @The Bookwyrm and @Turtle's distancing, and of course Turtle's play in the endgame, proved that I was right to trust they'd be an elim team that worked. @The Wandering Wizard's playstyle changeup to be more analysis focused was awesome. And everyone else. Seriously, well done to everyone. You made this really fun for me!

And again-- thanks for playing! That's all from me, in this post at least. Let me know what you thought about the balance, and anything else!

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

By the way-- in a larger game, I would have given the elims a knife, so theorizing that wasn't too far off.

Yeah but the theorising was specifically based on the size of this game, so.

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

In the end I kept my mouth shut as I originally intended, but I wonder if knowing JNV got hit with the retaliation would have changed the outcome.

Arguably yes. A Crewmember is twice as likely to be hit by Violation as compared to a Shade. Not saying it is impossible, but on what was it - a five player train? JNV being hit by Violation as compared to four other Villagers, each of which was twice as likely to attract Violation as E!JNV would've put a serious challenge to E!JNV theories.

Not impossible, sure, but the plausibility is really out there.

Edit: Like, if you don't go JNV, where do you go? Wiz? Turtle? Kinda feels like that kicks us back to those two, and at that stage of the game, Wiz had more Village cred than Turtle. <Ash, me, Xino> was always going to be a non-starter.

Edited by Kasimir

Congratulations to the elims for winning, and thank you to Matrim's Dice for running the game!

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, Elandera, or StrikerEZ, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Archer, and Kasimir) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: