The Plot to Murder Lord Ruler (SANTA!!!)

Telrao

Santa Killing Co HQ

Telrao tapped the table to get the others' attention. "Mrs Claus is not evil. She is the only sense of goodness left in that god-forsaken place." She turned away so the others wouldn't see her tears. "Mrs Claus is the only reason I could escape. She allowed me contact with Santa Paws, allowing me to bond and disguise myself. She couldn't save my sisters. They are all gone now..." She sniffled, then wiped her eyes.

She turned back to the others, determination on her face, green eyes shining. "We mustn't kill Mrs Claus. We will allow her to live, and she will run the place much more ethically. Santa Claus is a tyrant, and the only reason he hasn't murdered all of the elves is Mrs Claus' mercy."

She turned to Evalyn and Mr Misting. "Are you two ready for your mission?"

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Crow

He began by pointing to the top middle guard tower.

"This would be the most optimal entry point," Kris explained. "Assuming we can get infiltration to get in at the right time, we should be able to enter through the tower while security's tightest around the west while the workers get back from the mines. We'll be closest to the elves, closest to Santa, and - most importantly - farthest from the reindeer garrison."

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

Evalyn nodded, then moved to exit the room. "Telrao, where's the nearest craft we can use?"

@Ookla the Floofy

"You're ready? Well here you go!"

Wizard points a claw at the ground, beneath Evalyn. A black bolt hits the ground, opening a portal to their destination beneath their feet.

you mean i get to minor backstory tf out of Evalyn and then never bring it up again? oh hell yeah.

Evalyn tumbled through the darkness, before hearing a humming sound. The humming grew, until it became whispering. Words and phrases, spat out violently at Evalyn.

Images flashed into the void, images of gray, and red, and green, pain and trauma, training and hardening.

Evalyn gasped, watching it all pass by in horror.

@Ookla the Myopic @Ookla the Kobold

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

you mean i get to minor backstory tf out of Evalyn and then never bring it up again? oh hell yeah.

Sure, and there's a large tiger coming in behind her and Mr. Misting. Because Wizard is getting bored and needs to move.

Wizard stares at the portal, the blackness was soothing and attractive. He could fall in, it could be his last time. The symbols on his fur chitter and darken. Wizard leaps into the portal, diving into the depths.

52 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Wizard stares at the portal, the blackness was soothing and attractive. He could fall in, it could be his last time. The symbols on his fur chitter and darken. Wizard leaps into the portal, diving into the depths.

The whispering crescendoed into shouting, before a gunshot sounded and Evalyn fell out of the portal onto concrete.

She hoisted herself up, breathing heavily, before trying to stand and then collapsing back down. "What the hell.." She breathed.

Wizard falls through the darkness, the chittering increases and the darkness tries to meld with him. Wizard pushes back, the contact with the shadows draining him. A few more symbols jump onto his fur, fusing with him. Barreling through the darkness into the light, Wizard slams into a brick wall, breathing growing ragged. Lying down to conserve his energy, Wizard looks up and notices Evalyn.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Evalyn was a little surprised at first before remembering she had an earpiece in. "That's why I don't like portals," She said, "They mess with ya."

Mr. Misting shudders (metaphorically, as he can't actually move). "So many jingle bells. It brings back memories of the mines." He breaths in and out slowly for a moment, breath catching before he calms down. "Anyway, onto the infiltration."

Edit: 500th post. Hmm, interesting. 

Edited by Ookla the Kobold

Shadow whipped out her notebook and started scribbling furiously. “A [portal]? How fascinating. I’ve never seen one in real life…”

Is it just a portal? Or does it have a specific name that Shadow can use in her documentation?

Just now, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Is it just a portal? Or does it have a specific name that Shadow can use in her documentation?

It's a shadow portal.

Wizard staggers to his feet, his shadow looming over Evalyn and Mr. Misting.

"The shadows take a toll on you the more you travel them."

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Kobold