The Plot to Murder Lord Ruler (SANTA!!!)

Telrao

"Ι κνος ιτ λοοκσ λικε Ι'μ σπεακινγ ιν Γρεεκ, βθτ τηισ ισ στιλλ Ενγλιση. Ι'μ ξθστ σπεακινγ ιν τηε Γρεεκ αλπηαβετ.

...Ανδ δον'τ γιωε με τηατ λοοκ! Τηε ινκλινγ ψαν σπεακ ιν σθβτιτλεσ! Σηυ ψαν'τ Ι δο τηισ?"

Anybody can roleplay anything - just as long as, of course, they get clearance with me first. If I'm not here, feel free to let someone take over. Just no major time skips (a day or two is fine) and be sure to include loose character descriptions.

Telrao rubbed her forehead. "Es verdad. Pero necesitamos understand each other. So, if you please, let's not speak in other languages - just for clarity, please." She smiled. "If you are paired with someone who speaks your native tongue, you may do so. Just be sure to speak in English over the common channels." She hesitated. "Oh, I need to give you all earpieces. Please look after them. It took a lot of effort to steal these."

She dug in her jean pocket for a moment, face covered in concentration. With a triumphant "aha!" she pulls out a massive black bag that should've been impossible to fit in her pocket. She grins and opens it, throwing earpieces at everybody, and two to Evalyn. She nodded to Mr Misting.

"You two probably won't need to use earpieces, but just in case you need to contact us, put them on."

She them looks at Kris, Vacity and the LEGO bricks. "All right, you three. Y'all are going to be in the distraction team." She tapped a schematic of the main Factory building. "I want to draw attention away from where we are infiltrating, so would you three be capable of causing a disturbance on the third floor?" (the schematic says "mirror complex" on floor 3)

8 hours ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

She them looks at Kris, Vacity and the LEGO bricks. "All right, you three. Y'all are going to be in the distraction team." She tapped a schematic of the main Factory building. "I want to draw attention away from where we are infiltrating, so would you three be capable of causing a disturbance on the third floor?" (the schematic says "mirror complex" on floor 3)

Confused Brightlord Silho smiled. "If they're distracting there, then where do you want me?"

Where should I go? Shadow could use illusions to help with distractions, or she could be a healer for the main kill-Santa mission. I think being in a stealthy, secretive role would suit her character better, so she could help with sneaking in, but you can basically put me anywhere - it’s just that it would be useful to know where I should be helping out so that people don’t think I’m being inactive or ignoring it/them :D 

Shadow glanced out of a window that may or may not have existed previously. “Look,” she remarked softly, gazing across to where, in the distance, a plastic Santa, please stop here sign was visible from a garden. 

“Did we consider who will deliver presents to all the innocent children this year, if we are successful?”

Are we using real-time dates, and if not, what time of year is it (in-world)?

16 hours ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

Kris raised a hand. "I'm terrible at distractions."

The legos - Ynma was their name - wiggled around indicatively. "I'm really more of an infiltration type."

Vacity gargled excitedly. LOVE distractions!

9 hours ago, Ookla the Debonair said:

Confused Brightlord Silho smiled. "If they're distracting there, then where do you want me?"

Telrao grinned. "I want you at the guard posts - your goal is to distract them as much as possible while Nerdy and Evalyn fly overhead and enter the complex."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Shadow glanced out of a window that may or may not have existed previously. “Look,” she remarked softly, gazing across to where, in the distance, a plastic Santa, please stop here sign was visible from a garden. 

“Did we consider who will deliver presents to all the innocent children this year, if we are successful?”

Telrao growled. "You mean those useless items created by slave labour? The will be no presents to those greedy, selfish children this year. Next year, their parents will have to sort out gifts."

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Kris raised a hand. "I'm terrible at distractions."

The legos - Ynma was their name - wiggled around indicatively. "I'm really more of an infiltration type."

Vacity gargled excitedly. LOVE distractions!

Telrao grinned at Vacity. "All right. You're teamed with Brightlord Silho over there. Your job will be to distract and incapacitate guards. Remember, these guards are elves - like me - and I wish for all of them to be free."

She turned to Ynma, placing yet another brick amongst them. "If you're good at infiltration, you can be teamed with Potato [@Ookla the Forgettable] in the placement of sedatives. I think you'll be able to pass for just another pile of bricks, yes?"

Finally, she threw a sparking black marker to Kris. "Then what are you good at? Would you be good for extraction?"

To answer Shadow's question, we are indeed using real world time. But we can skip forward a couple days for Evalyn and Mr Misting's mission.

Just be sure to put in italics the whether or not you skipped time, and for how long - like two days later.. ect.

Edited by Ookla the Floofy

“What if the distraction isn’t effective enough? What if the reindeer are on patrol? How do we know which workshop Santa’s going to be in? Will basic disguises get infiltration past the guards?” Kris tapped the whiteboard. “You’re far from the first to attempt an assassination here. None before have ever even made it to the pole.”

He started gesturing around the room. “Ynma dropped in from the ceiling, Vacity got in from under the door, and you opened up for me when the only thing I did was knock. You’re trying to break into the most secure place on the planet, but left positions open for anyone and everyone - friend or foe alike.”

Evalyn puts the earpiece in her ear, then fiddles with it a bit until she's cool with the settings.

If y'all are ready, could we skip forward to Evalyn and Misting's mission? Like, can Telrao say it and like announce it or smth and it'll just be a time skip to further the plot? Whenever you guys are ready though ofc.

@Ookla the Kobold @Ookla the Floofy

We can absolutely skip forward to Evalyn and Mr Misting's mission. Just pretend we have thrashed out planning, ect.

Imma steal an idea from the Insanity Clinic and put the location in bold and underline at the top of the post. Please do this in your posts as well.

1 hour ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

He started gesturing around the room. “Ynma dropped in from the ceiling, Vacity got in from under the door, and you opened up for me when the only thing I did was knock. You’re trying to break into the most secure place on the planet, but left positions open for anyone and everyone - friend or foe alike.”

Telrao though for a moment, then shrugged. "The Walls speak truth. I trust you guys. I didn't even filter these people." She waved a hand at the gathered people in the room. "We need every person we can get. I'll risk anything - anything - if it means rescuing and liberating my kin from the Lord Ruler."

Six days have passed. It is time for Evalyn and Mr Misting's Mission. Holes in plans have been filled by the genius Kris. There is now a fully fleshed out plan to murder our Lord Ruler, Santa.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Kobold

good idea

Evalyn, who has spent the past six days deep in planning with Mr Misting, Telrao, and others, has bonded well with everyone, despite her sassy, rebellious attitude. She now always has a sly, knowing grin on her face, and is quick to offer tips, tricks, or general know how on many topics.

She glances up at Mr Misting, who's top hat form resides softly on her head. "You ready?" She asks, standing in the main board room with Telrao and co., arms folded.

fill in gaps on where we should go to dispatch to the mission, i'm just setting up exposition here.

Santa Killing Co HQ

Telrao glances at Kris. "It is dangerous. But I will not - I repeat, will not have is checking over our shoulders every second, searching for a knife to the back. Yes, there may be a spy, by I have not told you everything."

She glanced around the room. "Each of you have been given a special set of orders. Together, they form the Plan. The only Plan. The Liberation Plan." She stared pointedly at Kris. "Even if there is a spy among us, no one has turned us in during the past six days of planning. So I'd say we've changed their minds."

She nods to Evalyn, confident with her gun in her hand, a suitably stylish Mr Misting atop her head. "I trust these people. And I trust y'all too." She throws Kris a bag of caramel popcorn. "So quit stressing, and let's get on with things. My brethren are dying by the hour."

Santa Killing Co HQ

Evalyn sniffs, and fiddles with the Glock before returning it to her hip holster. She's moved it there because her MP45 is in her side holster. Her pack is loaded with reconnaissance gear, and she's ready to do some infiltration.

28 minutes ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

Santa Killing Co HQ

Telrao glances at Kris. "It is dangerous. But I will not - I repeat, will not have is checking over our shoulders every second, searching for a knife to the back. Yes, there may be a spy, by I have not told you everything."

She glanced around the room. "Each of you have been given a special set of orders. Together, they form the Plan. The only Plan. The Liberation Plan." She stared pointedly at Kris. "Even if there is a spy among us, no one has turned us in during the past six days of planning. So I'd say we've changed their minds."

She nods to Evalyn, confident with her gun in her hand, a suitably stylish Mr Misting atop her head. "I trust these people. And I trust y'all too." She throws Kris a bag of caramel popcorn. "So quit stressing, and let's get on with things. My brethren are dying by the hour."

Kris almost protested again, but closed his mouth and let her words hang over the room. She was right; they were wasting time. And he hadn’t been planning to expose any imposters right away. His callout had been to put on some pressure.

For now, it was about going through with the plan.

“Alright. I know the layout pretty well, but nowhere near as well as an ex-elf. Give me the ins and outs of this place: all of it.”

Here are some Things, by Me:

- A reminder that I had volunteered to RP the baddies

- A reminder thar Kris thinks there’s a spy in their midst

- A reminder that I signed up with three characters instead of one

- A reminder that the Christmas Season begins tomorrow, and effectively ends as soon as the 25th hits. That gives us 25 days to RP out this full thing.

- A proposal that we very roughly schedule how this RP plays out so that we don’t go way past Christmas trying to assassinate Santa Claus

- A reminder that this is not my RP and that it’s up to y’all what we do