Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

No, it probably won't. It does make it easier if Wynn is receptive, though.

Suddenly, a pain stabbed Wynn's head. Then, a voice spoke, sweet and feminine.

Hi, it's Tors. Do you want to be able to talk to me?

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"May the best person win, then."

Wynn looked up.

"Nameless! Can we do the thing now?"

“Oh… okay.” Somehow, this left Haly rather rankled. She swapped the rose in her hands for a chocolate one, then scarfed that. Why should I care if she likes him? Why should that matter so much? When did I start liking him myself… do I? I do, right? 

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Suddenly, a pain stabbed Wynn's head. Then, a voice spoke, sweet and feminine.

Hi, it's Tors. Do you want to be able to talk to me?

Wynn sat down abruptly.

"Ow. Yes. Hi." She took a second to get her bearings. "There's some stuff I've been wanting to ask you. How and why do you exist?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Oh… okay.” Somehow, this left Haly rather rankled. She swapped the rose in her hands for a chocolate one, then scarfed that. Why should I care if she likes him? Why should that matter so much? When did I start liking him myself… do I? I do, right? 

Drama = Fun

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn sat down abruptly.

"Ow. Yes. Hi." She took a second to get her bearings. "There's some stuff I've been wanting to ask you. How and why do you exist?"

Obstinate=smartest, cleverest, most correct person ever

Wynn sat down abruptly.

One second.

Wynn felt a final, stabbing pain, and then it dissapeared.

Thanks, you made that easy. And you don't need to speak to me out loud. I was created by a man named Bonum, to be a force of good. Ultimately, I failed.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

One second.

Wynn felt a final, stabbing pain, and then it dissapeared.

Thanks, you made that easy. And you don't need to speak to me out loud. I was created by a man named Bonum, to be a force of good. Ultimately, I failed.

"So you're evil? You don't seem very evil. And like, how do you work? Why do you function? What is your power source?" 

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"So you're evil? You don't seem very evil. And like, how do you work? Why do you function? What is your power source?" 

I did not fail to be good. I failed to destroy evil. And I don't know how I work. I'm made of a magical crystal called Stacis, but that's about all I know.

The voice sounded remarkably human, as though a person had been shoved into Wynn's mind and had begun talking.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She can talk to you? For some reason, that felt like a loss. 

Yes, I asked her to let me in. I figured I should be able to communicate with as many of you all as I can. Is something wrong?

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

11 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She can talk to you? For some reason, that felt like a loss. 

Wynn noticed Haly's dissapointment.

Not worth losing a friend over...

She patted Haly to the back.

"Let's not get sour about this. I'll stick to yellow roses until after you make your move. After that, we'll see..."

"Let's not get sour about this. I'll stick to yellow roses until after you make your move. After that, we'll see..."

So, you like TAAron? How long have you known him, a few hours? I don't mean to judge, I just don't really understand human things like romance.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

“No… you’re good. Friendly competition never hurt anything.” Haly smiled. “Really. It’s fine.” 

Yay, she’s still my friend!

So, you like TAAron? How long have you known him, a few hours? I don't mean to judge, I just don't really understand human things like romance.

Wynn shrugged.

"Like is a strong word. I'm interested, perhaps, but that may come from him being just about the only boy I can remember meeting. Besides, I don't want to alienate Haly. Of course, if we can't find a way to get him out of the void, then it doesn't matter either way."

Wait what are the characters' ages? Wynn is in the 15-17 year range

Wynn shrugged.

"Like is a strong word. I'm interested, perhaps, but that may come from him being just about the only boy I can remember meeting. Besides, I don't want to alienate Haly. Of course, if we can't find a way to get him out of the void, then it doesn't matter either way."

I had a similar range in mind for TAAron.

Interested. Interested in what, exactly?

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No… you’re good. Friendly competition never hurt anything.” Haly smiled. “Really. It’s fine.” 

Yay, she’s still my friend!

And you. You are... interested in him as well?

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn shrugged.

I think she’s around the same age

And you. You are... interested in him as well?

Well. I think so? Yes. With some degree of certainty, yes.

If you wouldn't mind, describe it to me.

There was a genuine note of confusion in Tors' voice.

I… don’t know. I mean, he’s fun and cute and a super great fighter. And he practically saved me from Karden. And gave me a bead of Lerasium. And I kinda wanna give him something too. Like a cool magic dragon or something.

Can Wynn hear Tors talking to Haly?

Do we know how old Nameless is? I'm getting adult vibes.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Well. I think so? Yes. With some degree of certainty, yes.

Wynn pondered for a second. 

"Wait Haly. Does the clinic even have any other guys our age? There was this robot cat... but I haven't met anyone else."

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I… don’t know. I mean, he’s fun and cute and a super great fighter. And he practically saved me from Karden. And gave me a bead of Lerasium. And I kinda wanna give him something too. Like a cool magic dragon or something.

There was a momentary pause.

And how do you feel about the fact that he has lost his memory? And the soul stuff in general?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Wait Haly. Does the clinic even have any other guys our age? There was this robot cat... but I haven't met anyone else."

No, she can't. But Tors did ask Wynn a question a bit ago: Interested. Interested in what, exactly?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

“I don’t know. Probably. Jove’s around there somewhere.”

There was a momentary pause.

And how do you feel about the fact that he has lost his memory? And the soul stuff in general?

It… scares me a little. He still seems like him, but he doesn’t remember me and I don’t know if he ever will.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't know. He... It's hard to describe. It's something you feel before you decide if you like a person... Kind of like a 'hmm, this guy is interesting. I want to get to know him better and see if we'd be a good fit.' Does that make sense? Plus, I also want to help him for non-romantic reasons, as someone who can kind of empathize with his predicament."

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I don’t know. Probably. Jove’s around there somewhere.”

It… scares me a little. He still seems like him, but he doesn’t remember me and I don’t know if he ever will.

Wasn't Jove with them all?

I'm sorry. If it's worth anything, he still seems to have some recollection of his past and who he knew, however vague. He remembered the name Tristan, for example. Maybe it'll come back to him in time.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"I don't know. He... It's hard to describe. It's something you feel before you decide if you like a person... Kind of like a 'hmm, this guy is interesting. I want to get to know him better and see if we'd be a good fit.' Does that make sense? Plus, I also want to help him for non-romantic reasons, as someone who can kind of empathize with his predicament."

I can't say that I don't find it odd, but I think I understand.

I'm sorry. If it's worth anything, he still seems to have some recollection of his past and who he knew, however vague. He remembered the name Tristan, for example. Maybe it'll come back to him in time.

He was. But he wasn’t really contributing to the storyline, so I think Imma save him for now.

Maybe. Haly sighed and summoned a chocolate marshmallow dragon, turning it in her hands and examining it. But you don’t stake things on ‘Maybe’.

The weight of painful, repeated experience flowed through her words.

Maybe. Haly sighed and summoned a chocolate marshmallow dragon, turning it in her hands and examining it. But you don’t stake things on ‘Maybe’.

The weight of painful, repeated experience flowed through her words.

You sound like you have experience with the matter.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You sound like you have experience with the matter.

Haly laughed bitterly. No romance. Just… people. I try to save them. It never works. I quit and somebody recommended the clinic. I still wonder if I should have tried harder.

Haly laughed bitterly. No romance. Just… people. I try to save them. It never works. I quit and somebody recommended the clinic. I still wonder if I should have tried harder.

Ah. For once, I think I know how you feel. I was created to be a savior, to fight evil. And I can only assume that it was my repeated failure that destroyed almost everything I ever knew. Sometimes, people like you are put in the worst situations, and then they expect or are expected to handle them. When you make a mistake, it isn't viewed as a normal occurrence. It is viewed as a violation of what many have come to believe is a universal truth: that good always wins.