Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

rira-en026_1.png

The little dragon snorted, snout sparking. It slithered off of TAAron's shoulders and began sniffing the floor.

Either way it's fine. It depends on Ranryu's capabilities. They are in a building buried deep underground on a random planet.

"What are you looking for? Can you tell where we are?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What are you looking for? Can you tell where we are?"

It would probably not be able to help TAAron escape, but it could probably send a signal that the other characters could follow.

Ranryu sniffed, then turned around and looked at TAAron. It began glowing brightly, bolts of energy shooting up into the ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu sniffed, then turned around and looked at TAAron. It began glowing brightly, bolts of energy shooting up into the ceiling. 

TAAron yelped, jumping back. "What was that? Why are you doing that?"

I guess if that's a signal, Nameless might be able to detect it. Unless you think otherwise.

@Ookla the Untitled

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron yelped, jumping back. "What was that? Why are you doing that?"

@Ookla the Untitled

Ranryu chuffled, but continued to glow. The energy didn't seem to be damaging its surroundings at all.

Nameless could probably detect the signal, Wynn's duel disk would definitely pick it up, and it's possible Haly would sense it as well; I don't know the extent of her powers. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu chuffled, but continued to glow. The energy didn't seem to be damaging its surroundings at all.

"Okay, I guess I'll just leave you to-" Suddenly, TAAron collapsed to the ground like a puppet whose strings had been cut. "Uh oh."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Okay, I guess I'll just leave you to-" Suddenly, TAAron collapsed to the ground like a puppet whose strings had been cut. "Uh oh."

Ranryu squeaked and slithered over to TAAron. After a few seconds of internal debate, it sent a pulse of electricity at him.

Would knocking TAAron out do anything?

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu squeaked and slithered over to TAAron. After a few seconds of internal debate, it sent a pulse of electricity at him.

Not really, at least for long. Eventually the person controlling him will be able to wake him up on command.

"Ow!" He say up. "I think he's staying to get to me." Randomly, and without visible intent, he punched the dragon. "Oh, sorry! Yeah, this is bad."

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ow!" He say up. "I think he's staying to get to me." Randomly, and without visible intent, he punched the dragon. "Oh, sorry! Yeah, this is bad."

Ranryu hissed and sent larger waves of energy to the ceiling.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Ookla the Untitled

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu hissed and sent larger waves of energy to the ceiling.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff @Ookla the Untitled

"Can you retain me or something?" TAAron looked as though he was physically struggling with himself. He punched again. "I don't think the manipulator likes you being here!"

"Can you retain me or something?" TAAron looked as though he was physically struggling with himself. He punched again. "I don't think the manipulator likes you being here!"

Ranryu considered for a second, then wound itself around TAAron's hands and feet. It continued to send bolts of energy through the ceiling.

Essentially, he is being hogtied

Wynn's duel disk beeped.

"Hmm. An ener-D signal. Looks like Ranryu is trying to get my attention."

She looked around at the gray void. How am I supposed find the others? I can't leave without them.

@Ookla the Untitled

Nameless floated in the nothing, Trying not to panic. Alright. Calm down Nameless. I just floated a little ways away from everyone else. There's no need to worry. I'm sure I'll find the everyone else soon. Something moved behind him, and he spun around, seeing nothing but empty space. Storm it, I need to get out of here. I'm already jumping at shadows. How long will it be before I go completely insane? A pulsation of energy drew him out of his introspection, and Nameless glanced around to try and find the source. What was that? A hallucination? No, it felt real. Where did it- more energy pulsed out, revealing a dimension, something real floating in the endless void. There.

Nameless tumbled into the room next to TAAron and Ranyru, gasping at the solidity of the world around him. "R-Ranyru? What're you doing here?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless floated in the nothing, Trying not to panic. Alright. Calm down Nameless. I just floated a little ways away from everyone else. There's no need to worry. I'm sure I'll find the everyone else soon. Something moved behind him, and he spun around, seeing nothing but empty space. Storm it, I need to get out of here. I'm already jumping at shadows. How long will it be before I go completely insane? A pulsation of energy drew him out of his introspection, and Nameless glanced around to try and find the source. What was that? A hallucination? No, it felt real. Where did it- more energy pulsed out, revealing a dimension, something real floating in the endless void. There.

Nameless tumbled into the room next to TAAron and Ranyru, gasping at the solidity of the world around him. "R-Ranyru? What're you doing here?"

"Unbelievable." A voice filled the room, the tone low and frustrated. "You all are quite fast." A man appeared behind Nameless. He looked ordinary, with black hair and normal clothing. The only distinguishing characteristic about him was the blood dripping for his hands.

"Of what importance is this boy to you?"

I don't know how much magical perceptive ability Nameless has, but he may be able to see that the man has an immense amount of dark energy repressed in him. Nameless might even be able to make it a figure with white robes and bright purple hair.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

This is a fragment of Ranryu, not the full being, because the full being is dead.

Ranryu squeaked, continuing to send the signal. 

Wynn's duel disk beeped as the ener-D frequency changed slightly. 

"Oh good, they found Nameless. Now for Haly..."

Wynn summoned a few dream sprites to search for her.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Unbelievable." A voice filled the room, the tone low and frustrated. "You all are quite fast." A man appeared behind Nameless. He looked ordinary, with black hair and normal clothing. The only distinguishing characteristic about him was the blood dripping for his hands.

"Of what importance is this boy to you?"

Nameless struggled to his feet unsteadily. "I could ask you the same question. Why do you want him so much? His soul is shattered, practically useless. You'd risk showing yourself just to get him?"

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless struggled to his feet unsteadily. "I could ask you the same question. Why do you want him so much? His soul is shattered, practically useless. You'd risk showing yourself just to get him?"

The man laughed mirthlessly. "You have no idea." He snapped his fingers.

A blast shook the room, throwing Nameless off his feet.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
I can type

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

The man laughed mirthlessly. "You have no idea." He snapped his fingers.

A blast shook the room, throwing Nameless off his get.

Nameless hit the ground hard, smacking his head against the floor. "So, he has use to you? Considering how evil you are, I'd make it a point to stop you even if TAAron wasn't my friend." Not even trying to sit back up, Nameless drew in the One Power and launched a ball of fire towards the man.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless hit the ground hard, smacking his head against the floor. "So, he has use to you? Considering how evil you are, I'd make it a point to stop you even if TAAron wasn't my friend." Not even trying to sit back up, Nameless drew in the One Power and launched a ball of fire towards the man.

The ball hit him, but he did not flinch as it did or even as the resulting flames burned his skin. "So, you'll be a bother." He procured a dagger from a sheath, throwing it at the fallen Nameless with aim to kill.

The ball hit him, but he did not flinch as it did or even as the resulting flames burned his skin. "So, you'll be a bother." He procured a dagger from a sheath, throwing it at the fallen Nameless with aim to kill.

Nameless managed to dodge the dagger, rolling to the side as it hit the ground where he'd been. "Leave TAAron alone." drawing again on the one power, he wrapped the man in weaves of air from head to toe, lifting him a foot off the ground. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless managed to dodge the dagger, rolling to the side as it hit the ground where he'd been. "Leave TAAron alone." drawing again on the one power, he wrapped the man in weaves of air from head to toe, lifting him a foot off the ground. 

"Oh dear." He made no attempt at resistance. "You never did answer. What use so you have with a mostly dead, useless scholar like him?" He snapped his fingers again, and a section of the ceiling came off, falling directly down towards Nameless.

"Oh dear." He made no attempt at resistance. "You never did answer. What use so you have with a mostly dead, useless scholar like him?" He snapped his fingers again, and a section of the ceiling came off, falling directly down towards Nameless.

Nameless caught the ceiling with another weave of air, then pulled the dagger out of the floor and flung it at the man's chest. "I told you. He's my friend."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless caught the ceiling with another weave of air, then pulled the dagger out of the floor and flung it at the man's chest. "I told you. He's my friend."

The dagger hit and stuck. "That will be annoying to heal." He snapped his fingers again, causing another blast that tossed Nameless about.

The dagger hit and stuck. "That will be annoying to heal." He snapped his fingers again, causing another blast that tossed Nameless about.

Nameless hit his head again and grunted, vision wavering. Could really use a hand here. "That all you've got? Please. I thought you'd be stronger than this." Grasping at the One Power again, he channeled Saidin into the floor, causing it to explode under the man.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu hissed and sparked angrily.

"Quiet, beast."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless hit his head again and grunted, vision wavering. Could really use a hand here. "That all you've got? Please. I thought you'd be stronger than this." Grasping at the One Power again, he channeled Saidin into the floor, causing it to explode under the man.

He leaped too avoid the impact, then dove forward, seizing Nameless and holding the dagger to his neck, which he had taken out of his chest. "Go," he growled. "Or I will let the hundreds of meters of rock above this building collapse on you all."

"Quiet, beast."

He leaped too avoid the impact, then dove forward, seizing Nameless and holding the dagger to his neck, which he had taken out of his chest. "Go," he growled. "Or I will let the hundreds of meters of rock above this building collapse on you all."

Nameless grabbed the man's arm. "Let TAAron go and leave us, or else I'll kill you, even if it kills me too."