Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

He leaped too avoid the impact, then dove forward, seizing Nameless and holding the dagger to his neck, which he had taken out of his chest. "Go," he growled. "Or I will let the hundreds of meters of rock above this building collapse on you all."

Ranryu hissed again, louder this time. In a shower of sparks, a figure appeared.

"Hey buddy," Wynn greeted Ranryu. She saw the fight. "Um... What's going on here?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

The man cut Nameless's throat, then stabbed him in the chest.

Nameless grinned, pulling in more of the One Power and shooting a white bar of Balefire directly into the man's chest.

I don't think he can survive this, unless he's got some hidden 'anti-being erased from reality' power.

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless grinned, pulling in more of the One Power and shooting a white bar of Balefire directly into the man's chest.

I'll let you destroy his physical form, but he's basically a god. Actually killing him would be harder than that.

The man was obliterated. As his form was destroyed, a churning ball of dark energy was revealed. "BAD CHOICE," it boomed. There was a massive explosion, and the room began to collapse.

The man was obliterated. As his form was destroyed, a churning ball of dark energy was revealed. "BAD CHOICE," it boomed. There was a massive explosion, and the room began to collapse.

Nameless managed to get to his feet, stumbling over to TAAron, Wynn, and Ranyru. "We need to go, NOW!"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless managed to get to his feet, stumbling over to TAAron, Wynn, and Ranyru. "We need to go, NOW!"

May I ask what happened to the cut throat and the dagger in his chest?

The ceiling began to buckle down, debris falling everywhere. A bolt of energy struck both Wynn and Nameless.

Take 2d6 radiant damage :P

Nameless collapsed, unconscious.

@Ookla the Obstinate

Wynn pressed a few buttons on her duel disk. A strange looking-motorcycle appeared in a golden shimmer.

"Get on!" She yelled to Ranyu, who picked TAAron up and plopped him on the duel runner. "Come on, Nameless, this is the worst possible time to get KO'd!"

She dragged him to the duel runner and stuffed him into the seat. It was a bit cramped.

"I only have one signal to teleport outta here. Sorry if it's not the most pleasant place!"

With a strange ripping sound, the group was teleported to a different dimension.

Anyone have a convenient dimension for them to rest up, find Haly, or progress the plot somehow?

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn pressed a few buttons on her duel disk. A strange looking-motorcycle appeared in a golden shimmer.

"Get on!" She yelled to Ranyu, who picked TAAron up and plopped him on the duel runner. "Come on, Nameless, this is the worst possible time to get KO'd!"

She dragged him to the duel runner and stuffed him into the seat. It was a bit cramped.

"I only have one signal to teleport outta here. Sorry if it's not the most pleasant place!"

With a strange ripping sound, the group was teleported to a different dimension.

Sorry, I'm fresh out of failed short stories to hijack.

When in doubt, copy video games from the 90's :P

The duel runner hit cobblestone, and it was all Wynn could do to stop it before they crashed into an elaborate wrought-iron fence. The runner tipped over, dumping everyone out on the ground. Wynn winced. That was definitely going to scratch the paint.

She examined their surroundings.

"Ah, the End of Time. We should be able to get a breather here. Some quick rules," She turned to TAAron. "Don't walk off the road; you'll fall back into the Void. Don't fight the adorable fluffy demon, because he's actually the god of war. Most importantly, if you're thirsty, drink from the sparkle bucket, not the bucket of infinite shadow. If you even touch that bucket of infinite shadow, you'll be teleported to a dimension that's about to be destroyed by a space monster. Any questions?"

She slapped Nameless. "Stop being hurt. We have to do stuff now." After a second of him not responding, she realized maybe he was actually hurt. Oops.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

The duel runner hit cobblestone, and it was all Wynn could do to stop it before they crashed into an elaborate wrought-iron fence. The runner tipped over, dumping everyone out on the ground. Wynn winced. That was definitely going to scratch the paint.

She examined their surroundings.

"Ah, the End of Time. We should be able to get a breather here. Some quick rules," She turned to TAAron. "Don't walk off the road; you'll fall back into the Void. Don't fight the adorable fluffy demon, because he's actually the god of war. Most importantly, if you're thirsty, drink from the sparkle bucket, not the bucket of infinite shadow. If you even touch that bucket of infinite shadow, you'll be teleported to a dimension that's about to be destroyed by a space monster. Any questions?"

She slapped Nameless. "Stop being hurt. We have to do stuff now." After a second of him not responding, she realized maybe he was actually hurt. Oops.

TAAron looked panicked. "Where's Haly? We need to find her!"

28 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked panicked. "Where's Haly? We need to find her!"

Wynn facepalmed. "I knew I was forgetting something. That's totally my bad, guys."

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless groaned, mumbling something about chickens.

Good. He'll live.

How old is Nameless?

Edited by Ookla the Obstinate
oops

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

I don't know, say like early 20's?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Nameless! Are you okay? Do- do you think you can find Haly?"

Nameless cracked his eyes open and immediately closed them again. "Who's... Haly?"

Nameless cracked his eyes open and immediately closed them again. "Who's... Haly?"

"Haly. Our friend, Haly." He stopped, looking concerned. "Do you know who you are?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Uhhh..." Wynn turned to look at TAAron. "Not good?"

"Yeah. Good thing I just got over my amnesia. Sir, your name is Nameless."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Why are there... lights." Nameless groaned, putting his hand over his face. "Head hurts."

"I think you had a pretty bad hit there, friend."

"Yeah. Good thing I just got over my amnesia. Sir, your name is Nameless."

"I think you had a pretty bad hit there, friend."

"You don't-ow" Nameless stopped, continuing on in a whisper. "Say. Could you stop talking so loud?"

"You don't-ow" Nameless stopped, continuing on in a whisper. "Say. Could you stop talking so loud?"

"Does he have a concussion?" Wynn asked. Medical stuff had never really been her strong suit. "Dang it, I don't have any healing cards!"