Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Happened? I... was in that place again."

"You mean the void? Interdimensional space? How about after that? While you were rescuing me. And where did you get that name from?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I- okay." TAAron entered a whisper. "What do you remember?"

Wynn's eyes widened. 

"Um... TAAron? If I'm remembering correctly, you don't have any healing powers, right? And that would mean Nameless is our only healer? If he's broken, then that's a little bit a lot bad."

She kneeled next to Nameless.

"Okay then, buddy. Who are you and where do you come from?" Her whisper was oddly threatening. 

Edited by Ookla the Obstinate
bad grammar

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn's eyes widened. 

"Um... TAAron? If I'm remembering correctly, you don't have any healing powers, right? And that would mean Nameless is our only healer? If he's broken, then that's a little bit a lot bad."

She kneeled next to Nameless.

"Okay then, buddy. Who are you and where do you come from?" Her whisper was oddly threatening. 

"Come from? I'm from Andor. I'm a farmer chicken-I mean a chicken farmer."

3 hours ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Ranryu squeaked, continuing to send the signal. 

Wynn's duel disk beeped as the ener-D frequency changed slightly. 

"Oh good, they found Nameless. Now for Haly..."

Wynn summoned a few dream sprites to search for her.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

Haly jolted into a new dream. A wooden floor rocked beneath her feet, and the boundless sky above met the sea on three horizons. Near her position, an albinistic woman with white wings shouted orders. Haly made her way over to the other side of the barge’s deck, where another woman stood alone, grasping the wooden railing with white knuckles. Her nut-brown hair fell to the middle of her back, and her posture evidenced her longing and pain.

Serilda, Haly realized with a shock. But how? I never met her. How am I dreaming this?

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn signed.

"Clearly, he's not okay. Should we find a doctor or something?"

"Doctor? You seen to know this world, where can we find a doctor?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly jolted into a new dream. A wooden floor rocked beneath her feet, and the boundless sky above met the sea on three horizons. Near her position, an albinistic woman with white wings shouted orders. Haly made her way over to the other side of the barge’s deck, where another woman stood alone, grasping the wooden railing with white knuckles. Her nut-brown hair fell to the middle of her back, and her posture evidenced her longing and pain.

Serilda, Haly realized with a shock. But how? I never met her. How am I dreaming this?

The dream TAAron was in didn't end, cut the way. Tristan is still there. Did you miss my last post in that world a few pages back?

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Made a gateway to... nowhere. Got lost. Why did the shadows move? They just...kept moving."

TAAron frowned. ''Maybe you should rest, unless you can use your magic to heal yourself. Can you do that?" The look of worry returned to him. "Haly can't float in interdimensional space forever. We have to get her!"

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Doctor? You seen to know this world, where can we find a doctor?

“This is the End of Time, the end of existence! We won’t find any living being here, much less a doctor. We’d have to go to a different dimension.”

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

“This is the End of Time, the end of existence! We won’t find any living being here, much less a doctor. We’d have to go to a different dimension.”

"Well, how are we going to manage that? He's our interdimensional traveler!"

Haly stared at the woman—at Serilda—with wide eyes. Is this real? Did she really look like this? Her gaze slid past her to the landmass the barges were leaving behind. Lumi’s back there. The Master of the Darkfall is back there.

Tazrathi’s here though… right? Wait, doesn’t she go by Tezi now? I’m sure Mika is suspicious of her. She shouldn’t be. Tazra—um, Tezi has really and truly defected to their side. In her final account, she outlines the dangers of forgetting. And she was right. 

Seri turned and straightened, smiling a strained smile. “Kella was wonderful. I’ll miss it.”

”You don’t have to pretend,” Haly whispered. “I know you’re heartbroken.”

Her facade crumbled. “Lumi doesn’t deserve this,” she whispered. “I can only hope that someday…” she trailed off, turning swiftly away, but not before Haly saw the shimmer in her eyes. She wanted to reassure Seri, tell her that Lumi would be okay, and that her captor would fall. She just had to hang on for a few thousand years.

But, as Essa always said, messing with the story could change the outcome.

Since when have I listened to Essa?

She sighed. Since now, I guess. 

Haly joined Seri, leaning against the railing and watching Kella grow further and further away.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly stared at the woman—at Serilda—with wide eyes. Is this real? Did she really look like this? Her gaze slid past her to the landmass the barges were leaving behind. Lumi’s back there. The Master of the Darkfall is back there.

Tazrathi’s here though… right? Wait, doesn’t she go by Tezi now? I’m sure Mika is suspicious of her. She shouldn’t be. Tazra—um, Tezi has really and truly defected to their side. In her final account, she outlines the dangers of forgetting. And she was right. 

Seri turned and straightened, smiling a strained smile. “Kella was wonderful. I’ll miss it.”

”You don’t have to pretend,” Haly whispered. “I know you’re heartbroken.”

Her facade crumbled. “Lumi doesn’t deserve this,” she whispered. “I can only hope that someday…” she trailed off, turning swiftly away, but not before Haly saw the shimmer in her eyes. She wanted to reassure Seri, tell her that Lumi would be okay, and that her captor would fall. She just had to hang on for a few thousand years.

But, as Essa always said, messing with the story could change the outcome.

Since when have I listened to Essa?

She sighed. Since now, I guess. 

Haly joined Seri, leaning against the railing and watching Kella grow further and further away.

Haly! I finally found you! What do you know about the others?

Tors had appeared next to Haly, hovering warily.

This is an odd dream.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Haly! I finally found you! What do you know about the others?

Tors had appeared next to Haly, hovering warily.

This is an odd dream.

I know TAAron’s in trouble. But Tors… I can’t leave. This is the Exodus of Kella. That’s Serilda. That winged woman is Mika.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I know TAAron’s in trouble. But Tors… I can’t leave. This is the Exodus of Kella. That’s Serilda. That winged woman is Mika.

You can't leave? What do you mean? What is the Exodus of Kella? Are you bewitched or something?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You can't leave? What do you mean? What is the Exodus of Kella? Are you bewitched or something?

No. I just… Tors, this is Kella. This is a cornerstone event for the Rerising! And it’s all happening right here! This is the first time the Xairim are forced to retreat in THOUSANDS of years. Tors, this is incredible!

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

No. I just… Tors, this is Kella. This is a cornerstone event for the Rerising! And it’s all happening right here! This is the first time the Xairim are forced to retreat in THOUSANDS of years. Tors, this is incredible!

How do you know about this, anyway? And why is it more important to you than saving TAAron?

Just as when she had asked about romance, there was no judgement in her voice. She simply did not understand Haly's rationale based on her view of human behavior.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

How do you know about this, anyway? And why is it more important to you than saving TAAron?

Just as when she had asked about romance, there was no judgement in her voice. She simply did not understand Haly's rationale based on her view of human behavior.

TAAron.

Her stomach lurched. 

I knew I was forgetting something. I… I just got so caught up in this… She looked around sadly. It’s been a dream. But I really should go. You’re right, Tors. 

9 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

TAAron.

Her stomach lurched. 

I knew I was forgetting something. I… I just got so caught up in this… She looked around sadly. It’s been a dream. But I really should go. You’re right, Tors. 

So the dream just made you forget? Then what's made you so sad?