Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"A little known planet called Scis. So, this boy is suffering from soul damage? That sounds pretty bad. I can't say I've dealt too much with the metaphysical over my travels." The man's eyes looked honest and his tone sounded genuine. His general nature was quick to put one at ease. He put down his briefcase carefully and approached TAAron, as though to get a better look at him.

A duel spirit hissed in Wynn's head. She shook it, juggling conflicting instincts. Well, at least he's probably not a space demon.

"What's in the briefcase?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"A little known planet called Scis. So, this boy is suffering from soul damage? That sounds pretty bad. I can't say I've dealt too much with the metaphysical over my travels." The man's eyes looked honest and his tone sounded genuine. His general nature was quick to put one at ease. He put down his briefcase carefully and approached TAAron, as though to get a better look at him.

Nameless watched the unfamiliar man carefully, forming weaves of air to bind the stranger if he made any sudden moves.

Edited by Ookla the Untitled

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

A duel spirit hissed in Wynn's head. She shook it, juggling conflicting instincts. Well, at least he's probably not a space demon.

"What's in the briefcase?"

"Just a thing a found in the last dimension. You can open it if you want, just be careful and don't steal."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless watched Scis carefully, forming weaves of air to bind the stranger if he made any sudden moves.

His name is Sicarius, planet is Scis.

Sicaruis turned to Nameless. "I never did ask your name. I'm Sicarius, I assume you heard that?" He held out his hand to shake.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Sicaruis turned to Nameless. "I never did ask your name. I'm Sicarius, I assume you heard that?" He held out his hand to shake.

Nameless didn't take the man's hand. "Sorry, I don't give my name to strangers. I've read enough books to know that."

Yeah, I fixed that.

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless didn't take the man's hand. "Sorry, I don't give my name to strangers. I've read enough books to know that."

Sicarius frowned slightly. "Alright. Fair enough, I guess." He examined TAAron more closely. "His breath looks very shallow. A result of soul damage?"

Sicarius frowned slightly. "Alright. Fair enough, I guess." He examined TAAron more closely. "His breath looks very shallow. A result of soul damage?"

"Most likely yes. We're a little in the dark here."

Be ready, Ranryu. If he tries anything...

"Most likely yes. We're a little in the dark here."

Be ready, Ranryu. If he tries anything...

"Interesting." He stood back up, turning away from the unconscious scholar. "So how did you all get here? You look pretty beaten up."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Interesting." He stood back up, turning away from the unconscious scholar. "So how did you all get here? You look pretty beaten up."

"Long story. This one," The gestured to TAAron. "Has an angry god trying to kill him or something. We came here to escape and rest up a bit. Found a subdimensional signal that took us here via duel runner, if you can believe our luck."

"Long story. This one," The gestured to TAAron. "Has an angry god trying to kill him or something. We came here to escape and rest up a bit. Found a subdimensional signal that took us here via duel runner, if you can believe our luck."

"An angry god?" The man looked taken aback. "That seems like a bad situation. I don't think I've encountered a god, either. Are you exaggerating when you say that?"

"An angry god?" The man looked taken aback. "That seems like a bad situation. I don't think I've encountered a god, either. Are you exaggerating when you say that?"

"Nope. Beings powerful enough to be considered gods are actually quite common, if you look hard enough." Wynn stared into the distance. "The god of war is somewhere in this little dimension. If he hasn't noticed us yet, he probably will soon."

She pulled herself back to the subject at hand.

"Anyway, yes, it's pretty bad. For some reason the god's intent on destroying us, especially this one right here. If he was awake, he could probably explain things better. As it is, I think we're lucky he's still alive."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Nope. Beings powerful enough to be considered gods are actually quite common, if you look hard enough." Wynn stared into the distance. "The god of war is somewhere in this little dimension. If he hasn't noticed us yet, he probably will soon."

She pulled herself back to the subject at hand.

"Anyway, yes, it's pretty bad. For some reason the god's intent on destroying us, especially this one right here. If he was awake, he could probably explain things better. As it is, I think we're lucky he's still alive."

"I'm... sorry to hear that. Is there any way I could help out?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What? Why are you all probably going to die?"

"Angry god. Unstable magic user. Space demons. We're all going to die eventually. I just have a feeling that the cause of our deaths will have something to do with this adventure. Don't worry. From what I can remember, there are far worse things than dying." She turned and looked at TAAron, her volume dropping. "Having your soul damaged, for one."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Angry god. Unstable magic user. Space demons. We're all going to die eventually. I just have a feeling that the cause of our deaths will have something to do with this adventure. Don't worry. From what I can remember, there are far worse things than dying." She turned and looked at TAAron, her volume dropping. "Having your soul damaged, for one."

"I see. Frankly, I wasn't planning on dying anytime soon. How come you're doing something so dangerous? So you really think it's worth whatever you're after? And... were you wanting to look into the briefcase?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
phone typing is hard

9 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I see. Frankly, I wasn't planning on dying anytime soon. How come you're doing something so dangerous? So you really think it's worth whatever you're after? And... were you wanting to look into the briefcase?"

“I can answer that one. We’re trying to heal TAAron.”

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Oh right, probably shouldn't have given TAAron's name away.

Nameless coughed. "It was nice meeting you sir, but I'm afraid we must be on our way. We're very eager to heal TAAron, I'm sure you understand."

"Well, I don't see how you could get where you're going with him unconscious. Wouldn't it be risky to bring a defenseless person into a place so dangerous?"

"Well, I don't see how you could get where you're going with him unconscious. Wouldn't it be risky to bring a defenseless person into a place so dangerous?"

"How exactly would it be better if he was awake? He'd probably run off and get himself killed trying to protect us."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"How exactly would it be better if he was awake? He'd probably run off and get himself killed trying to protect us."

"Sounds like you and your friend have a complicated relationship. Look, I'd be glad to help with what I can before you leave. I'd just rather not die, especially before I've figured out what these do." He nodded to the briefcase, which was still on the ground.

"Sounds like you and your friend have a complicated relationship. Look, I'd be glad to help with what I can before you leave. I'd just rather not die, especially before I've figured out what these do." He nodded to the briefcase, which was still on the ground.

"...All right. Help away. No funny business though."