Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"The clinic? What's thar?"

"The Insanity clinic for the Moderately Brandonfandonitis Afflicted. I developed a bit of an addiction to Brandon Sanderson's books and ended up there, but I managed to trick Calano into thinking I was cured and escape." 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"The Insanity clinic for the Moderately Brandonfandonitis Afflicted. I developed a bit of an addiction to Brandon Sanderson's books and ended up there, but I managed to trick Calano into thinking I was cured and escape." 

"And that made you think you are a protagonist? And you still think that, even after what just happened?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"And that made you think you are a protagonist? And you still think that, even after what just happened?"

"Of course. I just healed a random person who had a vaguely defined magical artifact, knowing that unless he had healing magical powers I would almost certainly die, dooming the quest to heal TAAron. And it worked. And it's not an isolated incident. stuff like that happens to me all the time."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Of course. I just healed a random person who had a vaguely defined magical artifact, knowing that unless he had healing magical powers I would almost certainly die, dooming the quest to heal TAAron. And it worked. And it's not an isolated incident. stuff like that happens to me all the time."

"Right... but wouldn't a protagonist survive through skill, willpower, and gumption, as opposed to being repeatedly saved by complete chance? Or if you are a protagonist, you're at least not a very good hero."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Right... but wouldn't a protagonist survive through skill, willpower, and gumption, as opposed to being repeatedly saved by complete chance? Or if you are a protagonist, you're at least not a very good hero."

"Well, I did stop the big bad guy for a second time, even though I could barely touch the source. What about that makes me a bad hero?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Well, I did stop the big bad guy for a second time, even though I could barely touch the source. What about that makes me a bad hero?"

"I suppose that depends on what you call heroism, but you make a fair point. Maybe what I'm trying to stay is that it was stupid to bank your life on me being a healer. One of these days your plot armor is going to break, my friend."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I suppose that depends on what you call heroism, but you make a fair point. Maybe what I'm trying to stay is that it was stupid to bank your life on me being a healer. One of these days your plot armor is going to break, my friend."

"Perhaps. But until then, I'm still the protagonist."

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Perhaps. But until then, I'm still the protagonist."

Wynn pressed a few buttons on her duel disk.

"That's fascinating, but perhaps we should get back to the task at hand? TAAron's soul isn't getting any less damaged."

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"You can come if you want. It'll be extremely dangerous though. We're heading to the Tower of Ghenjei."

"No idea what that is."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"If you're okay with the danger. We could use some more help."

"If I can be of help. What type of assistance do you need, anyway?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"If I can be of help. What type of assistance do you need, anyway?"

Wynn shrugged.

"We could always use another healer, and it'd be nice to not be the only sane person in the group."

Wynn studied Lerac. Hmm... Magic plant guy. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"It's extremely dangerous, and only one group that I know of has ever lived through a trip there."

"So, you all are going to potentially die to heal one person's soul damage?" He raised an eyebrow in a skeptical sort of way. "Alright."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn shrugged.

"We could always use another healer, and it'd be nice to not be the only sane person in the group."

Wynn studied Lerac. Hmm... Magic plant guy. Interesting.

"Haha. I guess I'll come, since there's no other way for me to get back to my home." He noticed her examining him. "What? Did I do something wrong?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Haha. I guess I'll come, since there's no other way for me to get back to my home." He noticed her examining him. "What? Did I do something wrong?"

Wynn realized she was staring. Oops.

"Sorry, you're fine. It's just, I've only met like six people ever, and two of them were cats and one was an angry god. Humanoids are so diverse!"

Yep. That didn't sound crazy at all. Wynn internally facepalmed. 

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Great! By the way, you any good at singing?"

"I like to think I am."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn realized she was staring. Oops.

"Sorry, you're fine. It's just, I've only met like six people ever, and two of them were cats and one was an angry god. Humanoids are so diverse!"

Yep. That didn't sound crazy at all. Wynn internally facepalmed. 

"Oh, interesting. And what do you think of me so far?" He said this as though what she had said was completely normal, although there was a spark of curiosity in his eyes.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Oh, interesting. And what do you think of me so far?" He said this as though what she had said was completely normal, although there was a spark of curiosity in his eyes.

Wynn thought for a second.

"Well, possessed behavior aside, you seem like a good person. Your abilities are interesting, and I find it strange that you can stand eating that sour plant."

Stupidstupidstupid.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Oh, it can sort of lull the snakes and foxes."

Yep. I am literally the only sane person in this dimension.