Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"These ones are different."

"What? They're just magic?" He said the last word with faux enthusiasm.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn thought for a second.

"Well, possessed behavior aside, you seem like a good person. Your abilities are interesting, and I find it strange that you can stand eating that sour plant."

Stupidstupidstupid.

Yep. I am literally the only sane person in this dimension.

"I think that by definition the 'possessed behavior' was not my own. And don't worry, the sour grass will grow on you. Hopefully not in you." He smiled jovially at her.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I think that by definition the 'possessed behavior' was not my own. And don't worry, the sour grass will grow on you. Hopefully not in you." He smiled jovially at her.

Wynn smiled back. 

"Speaking of being possessed, do you have any idea how or why it happened to you?"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn smiled back. 

"Speaking of being possessed, do you have any idea how or why it happened to you?"

"I think I mentioned it before. I was just gathering plants, then the ground started shaking. Next thing I know, I'm bleeding out on the floor with a trident in my chest. Where did that go, anyway?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I think I mentioned it before. I was just gathering plants, then the ground started shaking. Next thing I know, I'm bleeding out on the floor with a trident in my chest. Where did that go, anyway?"

Wynn shrugged.

"Tors comes and goes. I'm not really sure how it works, but I know there's magic involved. TAAron could probably explain more, if he was awake.

"But where are you from? Like, what dimension? How often do you worldhop?"

As she said this, Wynn walked over to her duel runner and checked its holoscreen.

"Nameless, can you get a portal open, or should we risk trying it my way?"

Wynn shrugged.

"Tors comes and goes. I'm not really sure how it works, but I know there's magic involved. TAAron could probably explain more, if he was awake.

As she said this, Wynn walked over to her duel runner and checked its holoscreen.

"I can make a gateway."

Wynn shrugged.

"Tors? Who is that?

"We call our home Peshe, but I don't know if you'd recognize that name. I've never left it in my life until now, although I knew about the existence of other dimensions." Lerac picked a different flower without fully developed petals that had grown next to his foot, and offered it to her. "I think you'll like this one. Eat the bud."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Tors? Who is that?

"We call our home Peshe, but I don't know if you'd recognize that name. I've never left it in my life until now, although I knew about the existence of other dimensions." Lerac picked a different flower without fully developed petals that had grown next to his foot, and offered it to her. "I think you'll like this one. Eat the bud."

"Tors is the trident. As I said, there's magic involved."

Wynn accepted the flower warily.

"Is it sour?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"The trident is alive, then?

"No, actually, very sweet."

"I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the magic system. Tors seems alive, though."

Wynn cautiously put the flower in her mouth.

"I have no idea. I'm not familiar with the magic system. Tors seems alive, though."

Wynn cautiously put the flower in her mouth.

"Interesting."

The bud popped in her mouth, releasing a small flood of sweet liquid that coated her mouth and lingered pleasantly. "Like it?" Lerac asked, smiling. He smiled a lot, it seemed.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Interesting."

The bud popped in her mouth, releasing a small flood of sweet liquid that coated her mouth and lingered pleasantly. "Like it?" Lerac asked, smiling. He smiled a lot, it seemed.

Wynn's smile was radiant.

"That's the best thing I've ever tasted! What's it called?"

Wynn's smile was radiant.

"That's the best thing I've ever tasted! What's it called?"

"We call it liquid sugar. It's used in a lot of foods, great for business if you can learn to grow it. It and sour grass both, actually."

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"We call it liquid sugar. It's used in a lot of foods, great for business if you can learn to grow it. It and sour grass both, actually."

"Amazing! So you own some sort of plant shop?"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I work at the plant shop my father owns. He'll probably hand it down to me in five years or so, once I'm of age."

"Interesting. What's it like, having parents?"

As she talked, Wynn ran a diagnostic on her duel runner's systems.

"Interesting. What's it like, having parents?"

As she talked, Wynn ran a diagnostic on her duel runner's systems.

"I... You must have had parents at some point, right? Can you just not remember them?" The smile had gone from his face, and he looked sorry for her.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I... You must have had parents at some point, right? Can you just not remember them?" The smile had gone from his face, and he looked sorry for her.

Wynn looked thoughful.

"Maybe... Not 'parents' exactly, but maybe something similar." She smiled. "It doesn't matter, anyway. Our main goal is healing TAAron. Are you sure you want to come?'

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn looked thoughful.

"Maybe... Not 'parents' exactly, but maybe something similar." She smiled. "It doesn't matter, anyway. Our main goal is healing TAAron. Are you sure you want to come?'

"Well, it sounds like I can help. Speaking of that TAAron guy..." He went over to the unconscious scholar. "Let's see how this goes."

He placed his hand on TAAron's forehead. Almost immediately, he cried out in pain, quickly pulling his hand away and falling to his knees. "Ah. That was quite something," he said, voice wavering.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Well, it sounds like I can help. Speaking of that TAAron guy..." He went over to the unconscious scholar. "Let's see how this goes."

He placed his hand on TAAron's forehead. Almost immediately, he cried out in pain, quickly pulling his hand away and falling to his knees. "Ah. That was quite something," he said, voice wavering.

"Are you okay?" Wynn looked concerned. "Who knows how his soul damage could affect other people."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Are you okay?" Wynn looked concerned. "Who knows how his soul damage could affect other people."

"No, it's just that... when I heal someone, I feel a bit of their pain. I'm pretty used to it but... well, that was a lot."

11 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No, it's just that... when I heal someone, I feel a bit of their pain. I'm pretty used to it but... well, that was a lot."

Wynn shook her head.

"I'm sorry you had to feel that. Now do you see why we need to get him healed ASAP?"