Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

16 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She gasped, heart thumping. “Why?”

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, looking over feedback

"Because you asked me to!"

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn facepalmed. Lerac was almost as terrible as she was.

"Oh, don't give me that. You've existed for how long?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"At least three months." Wynn sniffed. "But even I know you don't go meddling with other people's relationships like that. I know you mean well, but what possible benefit could come from you doing this?"

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Because you asked me to!"

“I didn’t!” She covered her eyes. “Did I? I don’t think I did. And now it’s all weird… when are we going into the tower?”

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"At least three months." Wynn sniffed. "But even I know you don't go meddling with other people's relationships like that. I know you mean well, but what possible benefit could come from you doing this?"

"I don't know... Let's find out, shall we?" He grabbed Haly by the hand and began dragging her over to TAAron.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I didn’t!” She covered her eyes. “Did I? I don’t think I did. And now it’s all weird… when are we going into the tower?”

"You did! I recall it pretty distinctly."

"I don't know... Let's find out, shall we?" He grabbed Haly by the hand and began dragging her over to TAAron.

"You did! I recall it pretty distinctly."

Haly yelped. “No! Stop! Wait! What are you doing?”

If you want her to get away, she can turn into wind chimes, which could be fun, but I’m also enjoying this, so her mind is maybe too frenzied to think of that.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Wynn blocked his way.

"You need to stop. It's not polite, and isn't making anyone happy except yourself."

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly yelped. “No! Stop! Wait! What are you doing?”

Your choice 

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn blocked his way.

"You need to stop. It's not polite, and isn't making anyone happy except yourself."

"Ah, but I know something you don't, friend. What torments her is the plague of uncertainty."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ah, but I know something you don't, friend. What torments her is the plague of uncertainty."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Let her be uncertain. When she comes to her own conclusion, the joy will be much more sweet."

Let’s draw it out, shall we?

Haly spun onto a swarm of glass birds and swooped up to the highest branches of a high tree. She coalesced back into herself and quivered anxiously on the branches. That was far too close. 

Lerac became more serious. "Who's to say she'll get a chance to come to her own conclusion?"

Wynn signed. "I see your point, but you still can't do this. It's not as real if you force her. She barely knows you; this probably isn't something she wants you to meddle in. You should ask her first."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly spun onto a swarm of glass birds and swooped up to the highest branches of a high tree. She coalesced back into herself and quivered anxiously on the branches. That was far too close. 

Lerac raised and eyebrow. "That was something!"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn signed. "I see your point, but you still can't do this. It's not as real if you force her. She barely knows you; this probably isn't something she wants you to meddle in. You should ask her first."

"Well, she's gone now."

TAAron stormed in then. "What happened? What did you do?" he asked angrily.

"Don't bother yourself with it."

"Don't bother? I... I..." He groaned, burying his face in his hands.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac raised and eyebrow. "That was something!"

"Well, she's gone now."

Haly shivered, seeing TAAron with Lerac. That was even closer. Her panic suddenly ratcheted up a few notches. What if he tells? He’s going to tell! What do I do? What can I do? What do I…

The skin of her fingerprints started to tingle insistently. No! Not this! Not now! “Look out!” She screamed. “It’s happening again!”

"Well, she's gone now."

Wynn gave Lerac a face that clearly read, shut up and stay out of this.

"Don't worry, TAAron. Mr. Idea Man here," she gestured at Lerac, "doesn't know when to stop talking, but he hasn't caused anything terrible to happen. Just give Haly a few minutes to cool down.

"And you." She turned to Lerac. "We need to have a serious-"

She was cut off by Haly.

Haly shivered, seeing TAAron with Lerac. That was even closer. Her panic suddenly ratcheted up a few notches. What if he tells? He’s going to tell! What do I do? What can I do? What do I…

The skin of her fingerprints started to tingle insistently. No! Not this! Not now! “Look out!” She screamed. “It’s happening again!”

Phone nearly dead, so I may go offline after this :\

Lerac looked up, frowning. "What?"

TAAron went pale. "Haly, get down! You're going to get hurt!"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn gave Lerac a face that clearly read, shut up and stay out of this.

"Don't worry, TAAron. Mr. Idea Man here," she gestured at Lerac, "doesn't know when to stop talking, but he hasn't caused anything terrible to happen. Just give Haly a few minutes to cool down.

"And you." She turned to Lerac. "We need to have a serious-"

She was cut off by Haly.

Lerac looked up, frowning. "What?"

TAAron went pale. "Haly, get down! You're going to get hurt!"

You’re going to get hurt! Run!” 

Small, smooth bits of glass like squished marbles started falling from the sky. They pelted her skin insistently as she clung hard to the branch and squeezed her eyes shut. They had more force behind them than she’d expect, and they hurt more, too. 

They’re going to get hurt! TAAron’s going to get hurt! Stop it! STOP IT!

After maybe twenty seconds, it did. Haly was left trying uselessly to hide.

Bye Ranryu! See you later!

You’re going to get hurt! Run!” 

Small, smooth bits of glass like squished marbles started falling from the sky. They pelted her skin insistently as she clung hard to the branch and squeezed her eyes shut. They had more force behind them than she’d expect, and they hurt more, too. 

They’re going to get hurt! TAAron’s going to get hurt! Stop it! STOP IT!

After maybe twenty seconds, it did. Haly was left trying uselessly to hide.

I'm assuming the glass stopped?

Lerac looked surprised, for once. "How...?"

"Haly? Can you get down?" TAAron called to her.

Lerac looked surprised, for once. "How...?"

"Haly? Can you get down?" TAAron called to her.

Yes, it did.

“No,” she called, her face burning. “I mean, yes, I can, but no, I won’t. Are… are you okay?”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I mean I won’t.” She wrapped her arms around the thin trunk of the tree. “I’ll just live up here for the rest of my life.”

"I'm coming to get you." The concern was obvious in his voice. He rifled through his bag. "Where did my metals go?"

"I'm coming to get you." The concern was obvious in his voice. He rifled through his bag. "Where did my metals go?"

“No! Don’t! Stay there! I’m fine. I’m fine!” She frantically searched for an escape. She supposed e could become a wind chime again, if worst came to worst.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No! Don’t! Stay there! I’m fine. I’m fine!” She frantically searched for an escape. She supposed e could become a wind chime again, if worst came to worst.

"You clearly aren't fine!" TAAron located some coins, and prepared himself for the pain that would come from burning metals.

Got a charger :)

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You clearly aren't fine!" TAAron located some coins, and prepared himself for the pain that would come from burning metals.

“Stop! Stop. I am fine. Don’t burn metals. I’ll come down.” She slowly worked her way down the branches, drawing the journey out as long as possible.