Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Something happened in Haly’s chest—a leap, a break, the start of a sob, something. “I need to make sure you’ll be all right,” she choked. “How can you not see that? It would break my heart to leave you now.”

TAAron's eyes looked like they were becoming more lucid. "This was my fault. If I hadn't gotten captured the first time, none of this... I wouldn't need help, and you wouldn't feel like you need to help me."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron's eyes looked like they were becoming more lucid. "This was my fault. If I hadn't gotten captured the first time, none of this... I wouldn't need help, and you wouldn't feel like you need to help me."

“It’s not that. TAAron, it’s not just that.” She set him down gently. 

"Then... what is it?" He sat up, looking her in the eye. His expression was difficult to read.

She started, blushing a little too much to be described as ‘faint’. “You’re… you’re my friend. A great friend. The best kind of friend.” She managed to hold his gaze, though she felt like a caged pigeon.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She started, blushing a little too much to be described as ‘faint’. “You’re… you’re my friend. A great friend. The best kind of friend.” She managed to hold his gaze, though she felt like a caged pigeon.

"The best... kind?" TAAron looked somewhat pleased at that, but a little confused. "What do you mean by that? I don't think that the best kind of friend to have is one that needs to be dragged around like I do."

"The best... kind?" TAAron looked somewhat pleased at that, but a little confused. "What do you mean by that? I don't think that the best kind of friend to have is one that needs to be dragged around like I do."

“You’re one who’s worth being dragged around. You’re worth going onto a tower of death and doom and destruction for. You’re kind, and you’re fun, and you undervalue yourself so much it hurts me.” She blinked, hard, and finished softly. “That’s what I mean.”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“You’re one who’s worth being dragged around. You’re worth going onto a tower of death and doom and destruction for. You’re kind, and you’re fun, and you undervalue yourself so much it hurts me.” She blinked, hard, and finished softly. “That’s what I mean.”

"Haly, I think I have something to say as well." TAAron looked nervous.

Drama:)

6 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She nodded, feeling eager and terrified at the same time. “Yeah?”

"You... are the kindest, most loyal, most accepting person I've ever known. As soon as I met you, I knew I wanted to be your friend. And... It's still hard for me to believe that you wanted to be mine. And as much as you worry me by refusing to back down, I'm glad that you stayed with me, because I never want to leave you." He took a deep breath, and continued. "And sometimes... I want to be... something more than your friend."

Immediately, he looked away, face red and embarrassed.

Ta-da! Feel free to have her deliberate internally for as long or short as you want.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You... are the kindest, most loyal, most accepting person I've ever known. As soon as I met you, I knew I wanted to be your friend. And... It's still hard for me to believe that you wanted to be mine. And as much as you worry me by refusing to back down, I'm glad that you stayed with me, because I never want to leave you." He took a deep breath, and continued. "And sometimes... I want to be... something more than your friend."

what the hell...

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Will draft response tomorrow so I can do it right. Seeya!

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn was a little annoyed with Nameless. Of all the magic towers we could've gone to, he brought us to this one. We don't have that kind of Luck. 

"Please tell me you have a plan." 

@Ookla the Untitled

Shark became excited at this. "Plan! We need a plan! Can I help plan?" After this outburst, Shark sat down, thinking, after a moment he spoke again, this time with less than his normal enthusiasm. "What is in the tower? Will it help the guy who is hurted?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn was a little annoyed with Nameless. Of all the magic towers we could've gone to, he brought us to this one. We don't have that kind of Luck. 

"Please tell me you have a plan." 

@Ookla the Untitled

"Of course I do. My plan is to go into the Tower, get to the Chamber of Bonds to make a deal to cure TAAron."