Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

The corridor looked much the same as the one they'd left behind, occasional windows revealing a world of strange architecture that seemed to gravity.

Eventually, the group came across a humanoid being with snakelike features. He stood as if waiting for them, staring intently at TAAron.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

The corridor looked much the same as the one they'd left behind, occasional windows revealing a world of strange architecture that seemed to gravity.

Eventually, the group came across a humanoid being with snakelike features. He stood as if waiting for them, staring intently at TAAron.

Haly swallowed hard and wished again that she had a sword.

Sykel pulled out her own sword and the knife she’d been sharpening, then pressed the knife into Haly’s hand, who smiled gratefully.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Taking a deep breath, TAAron stepped up to the creature.

"Who are you?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"My name is not relevant. You are injured, and in need of healing. We can heal you."

Never that easy, Haly thought. She clutched the knife tighter, ready to turn into a wind chime. Except that wouldn’t do much. Oh well, she was ready anyway.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron smiled slightly, although he was still nervous. "And what would that cost?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Never that easy, Haly thought. She clutched the knife tighter, ready to turn into a wind chime. Except that wouldn’t do much. Oh well, she was ready anyway.

You know, considering their weakness to music, that might actually be somewhat effective.

"Simply come with me. Give up your iron, your fire, your music, and I will take you to where you may be healed."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Simply come with me. Give up your iron, your fire, your music, and I will take you to where you may be healed."

TAAron frowned. "I don't know that-"

From behind the group, Lerac began whistling a clear, high-pitched tune.

The Aelfinn hisses, eyes drooping as it apparently becomes groggy.

What types of instruments are in the bag?

Lerac maintained his whistle, going without stopping for a considerable length of time as he set down his bag containing instruments and began looking through it.

Lerac maintained his whistle, going without stopping for a considerable length of time as he set down his bag containing instruments and began looking through it.

Pretty much everything.

The Aelfinn glares at Lerac. "Stop that insufferable music! We only wish to help you."

The Aelfinn glares at Lerac. "Stop that insufferable music! We only wish to help you."

Lerac pulled out a violin, keeping up the same tune but stopping his whistle.

TAAron took the opportunity to continue speaking to the peeved creature. "How exactly do you plan on helping me?"

Lerac pulled out a violin, keeping up the same tune but stopping his whistle.

TAAron took the opportunity to continue speaking to the peeved creature. "How exactly do you plan on helping me?"

"We can... repair the damage. It is a simple matter, and many have come to us for such healing." The Finn's eyes drooped shut briefly, and it began leaning against the wall for support. "We replace the damaged parts of your soul with... raw material, and link it so that it adapts to your own soul."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I'd start humming, but that'd probably just wake the thing up all the way."

“Just hum,” Haly begged.

”Evalyn. I said NO.”

Haly chucked her a harp, which Sykel plucked. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn perked up at the tune, humming a harmony to it almost without realizing it.

She matched Wynn’s harmony, for the most part.

"We can... repair the damage. It is a simple matter, and many have come to us for such healing." The Finn's eyes drooped shut briefly, and it began leaning against the wall for support. "We replace the damaged parts of your soul with... raw material, and link it so that it adapts to your own soul."

"You'll be hard pressed to convince me that you'll do this for me without requiring any sort of sacrifice or payment."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Just hum,” Haly begged.

”Evalyn. I said NO.”

Haly chucked her a harp, which Sykel plucked. 

She matched Wynn’s harmony, for the most part.

A harp? Really? How large is this harp?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You'll be hard pressed to convince me that you'll do this for me without requiring any sort of sacrifice or payment."

The Aelfinn slept, unable to answer any further questions. From behind TAAron, Nameless spoke up.

"They won't. And we can't trust any deals they make until we get to the Chamber of Bonds. Remember that."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

The Finn's eyes drifted shut, and it slumped against the wall, asleep.

"Well there goes potential information. I didn't know they'd fall asleep that quickly. What now, Nameless?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn smacked her lips.

"That song tasted good. What's it called?"

Lerac shrugged. "I don't know what it's called. I just made it up."

The Aelfinn slept, unable to answer any further questions. From behind TAAron, Nameless spoke up.

"They won't. And we can't trust any deals they make until we get to the Chamber of Bonds. Remember that."

“Hurry up,” Sykel snapped, dropping the lyre as if it were a scorpion. “Let’s get the chasms out of here.”