Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

In addition to putting her on the throne, Sykel wants to use Haly to secure an alliance with a neighbouring country... through a political marriage.

Wynn recoiled in disgust. 

Sometimes I forget there are worlds as backwards and sexist as that. Well, it's not happening on my watch. Haly and TAAron are made for each other.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn recoiled in disgust. 

Sometimes I forget there are worlds as backwards and sexist as that. Well, it's not happening on my watch. Haly and TAAron are made for each other.

I agree, but there is the fate of a country at sake. It is a... complicated situation.

Right. But what are we going to do about it?

That's easy. When this ordeal is over, I'm gonna go to Haly's homeworld and give whoever planned this the smackdown to end a lifetime.

Wynn's heart raced just thinking about it. She hadn't beat up any overbearing monarchs in ages.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

That's easy. When this ordeal is over, I'm gonna go to Haly's homeworld and give whoever planned this the smackdown to end a lifetime.

Wynn's heart raced just thinking about it. She hadn't beat up any overbearing monarchs in ages.

Careful. These might be people who Haly cares about.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Careful. These might be people who Haly cares about.

Perhaps... I won't kill anyone who isn't evil. But it would be for their own good as well. At some point, their realm will be noticed by outside powers. When that happens, they'll need more than a fragile monarchy that squabbles over things as small-scale as a single political marriage. 

Wynn pulled a small knife out of her pocket and began cutting a message into her palm. "Go to Haly's homeworld; bring the pain"

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Perhaps... I won't kill anyone who isn't evil. But it would be for their own good as well. At some point, their realm will be noticed by outside powers. When that happens, they'll need more than a fragile monarchy that squabbles over things as small-scale as a single political marriage. 

Wynn pulled a small knife out of her pocket and began cutting a message into her palm. "Go to Haly's homeworld; bring the pain"

Woah! What are you doing?

I could just... No, nevermind. But you didn't have to cut yourself.

Wynn stared at her bleeding hand. Hmm. I didn't think of that.

She turned and glared at Sykel. Some people... Tors, have you ever hated anyone before?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Of course. Malum.

Not that kind of hate. The petty kind. When you disagree with someone's ideas on a fundamental level, but they've never actually done anything to you. I've seen it before, but I don't think I've ever felt it until now. 

Wynn's hands were shaking, blood still dripping down.

I don't like this feeling. Sykel has done nothing to me personally, but I feel like it would be okay if I sent her to the Shadow Realm. Tors, what do I do?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"They seem pretty mutually exclusive."

“We just need some time. If she can draw out a courtship, even a pretend one, we can figure something out. There have been some… shifts in the balance lately, and we need an alliance now. An alliance…” Sykel looked away. “Or something else.”

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Uh, guys?" Nameless pointed down the hallway. "I think we have a problem." Gathered in the hallway was a large group of Aelfinn and Eelfinn staring intently at the gathered party, whispering to each other in an alien tongue.

Wynn readied herself for a fight.

Being a few time zones ahead of you guys really sucks. I need to go. If anything important happens, just assume Wynn is with Haly. Bye!

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Not that kind of hate. The petty kind. When you disagree with someone's ideas on a fundamental level, but they've never actually done anything to you. I've seen it before, but I don't think I've ever felt it until now. 

Wynn's hands were shaking, blood still dripping down.

I don't like this feeling. Sykel has done nothing to me personally, but I feel like it would be okay if I sent her to the Shadow Realm. Tors, what do I do?

I... Maybe try taking to her? See from her point of view.

30 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“We just need some time. If she can draw out a courtship, even a pretend one, we can figure something out. There have been some… shifts in the balance lately, and we need an alliance now. An alliance…” Sykel looked away. “Or something else.”

"Sometime else? What else?"

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Uh, guys?" Nameless pointed down the hallway. "I think we have a problem." Gathered in the hallway was a large group of Aelfinn and Eelfinn staring intently at the gathered party, whispering to each other in an alien tongue.

TAAron gulped. "What do we do?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I... Maybe try taking to her? See from her point of view.

"Sometime else? What else?"

Sykel replied absently to Lerac, more focused on the enemy horde up ahead. “Something powerful. Something deadly—a perfect assassin.”

Better go for tonight—later!

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

8 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Sykel replied absently to Lerac, more focused on the enemy horde up ahead. “Something powerful. Something deadly—a perfect assassin.”

8 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I... don't know. These ones don't have weapons, so maybe that's a good sign?"

The Finn continued speaking among themselves for a moment then, as if noticing that they'd been noticed, went silent. Eventually, one of them approached, and Eelfinn with foxlike features. He walked forward, staring intently at TAAron, but remained silent.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"An assassin? Do you have someone in mind?" Lerac's hand was on the sheathed dagger at his side.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I... don't know. These ones don't have weapons, so maybe that's a good sign?"

The Finn continued speaking among themselves for a moment then, as if noticing that they'd been noticed, went silent. Eventually, one of them approached, and Eelfinn with foxlike features. He walked forward, staring intently at TAAron, but remained silent.

"What do you want?" TAAron asked in as strong a voice as he could muster.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She shrugged one shoulder. “Honestly, nobody here strikes me as the ‘subtle’ type. So… nope.”

"Well, there is an invisible trident that nearly killed me. And is sentient, apparently."