Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Better safe than sorry." Wynn sniffed. "I don't trust anything that comes out of your mouth."

"What, me? The innocent Mistborn and zinc Compounder?" He smiled. "I did some research. Maybe it's a good thing his soul is damaged, he'd be pretty dangerous otherwise."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What, me? The innocent Mistborn and zinc Compounder?" He smiled. "I did some research. Maybe it's a good thing his soul is damaged, he'd be pretty dangerous otherwise."

Wynn growled. The sound of his voice grated on her nerves.

"Shut up or I'll gag you again."

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn growled. The sound of his voice grated on her nerves.

"Shut up or I'll gag you again."

"Instead, he's nice and squishy. I wonder what these things will do to him once we've been successfully trapped."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Instead, he's nice and squishy. I wonder what these things will do to him once we've been successfully trapped."

Wynn shook her head. Nonsense, pure nonsense. 

"The gag is going back on now."

Wynn shook her head. Nonsense, pure nonsense. 

"The gag is going back on now."

"No."

Immediately, a splitting pain shot through Wynn's head, like when Tors had bonded with her, and it persisted.

Wynn recoiled.

"Stop it! What are you doing?"

A voice entered her mind, deep, pure, and unlike any a person had been known to speak. It somehow conveyed one thing very clearly: malice.

Knock, knock. Won't you let me in?

A voice entered her mind, deep, pure, and unlike any a person had been known to speak. It somehow conveyed one thing very clearly: malice.

Knock, knock. Won't you let me in?

Wynn shook her head roughly.

"No. NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

Acting on instinct, she mustered a huge blast of Shadow Magic, trying to force Malum out of her head.

You can decide if this works or not.

Wynn shook her head roughly.

"No. NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

Acting on instinct, she mustered a huge blast of Shadow Magic, trying to force Malum out of her head.

Like Tors, Malum can't bond to her unless she allows it.

Oh, you're overreacting.

The pain grew to an absurd degree.

I can't really force my way in. Maybe you should just let me, though. It would make the pain go away.

Oh, you're overreacting.

The pain grew to an absurd degree.

I can't really force my way in. Maybe you should just let me, though. It would make the pain go away.

"NO ONE is allowed in my head without permission. GET OUT OR I'LL MAKE YOU." Wynn directed the full force of her consciousness- her thoughts, power, and pain- towards Malum. "Leave me alone, or I'll cut your puppet's strings."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"NO ONE is allowed in my head without permission. GET OUT OR I'LL MAKE YOU." Wynn directed the full force of her consciousness- her thoughts, power, and pain- towards Malum. "Leave me alone, or I'll cut your puppet's strings."

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

Wynn managed to speak while trying to force him out of her head.

"If I send TAAron to the Shadow Realm, his body will be lifeless, unable to be controlled by any force until I choose to bring his soul back. Wanna bet that I'll go through with it?"

Wynn managed to speak while trying to force him out of her head.

"If I send TAAron to the Shadow Realm, his body will be lifeless, unable to be controlled by any force until I choose to bring his soul back. Wanna bet that I'll go through with it?"

Don't you think that it's a bit risky? His soul is barely hanging on as it is, and I don't plan on letting go of it. You might just tear him apart.

The pain redoubled once again.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Don't you think that it's a bit risky? His soul is barely hanging on as it is, and I don't plan on letting go of it. You might just tear him apart.

The pain redoubled once again.

"The... Shadow Realm is... beyond time. Like stasis." Wynn gritted her teeth and pushed against the invader. "The pain would be... the same as what he experiences now."

GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT

"The... Shadow Realm is... beyond time. Like stasis." Wynn gritted her teeth and pushed against the invader. "The pain would be... the same as what he experiences now."

GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT

But who's to say he won't be even worse off once he's back? Like I said, I won't make the transition a pleasant one.

The pain rose, and rose, and rose.

How about this: you agree not to gag me. That's it.

But who's to say he won't be even worse off once he's back? Like I said, I won't make the transition a pleasant one.

The pain rose, and rose, and rose.

How about this: you agree not to gag me. That's it.

Wynn didn't answer. Instead, she punched TAAron full-force in the face.

Then she looked confused. Dang. Too far.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn didn't answer. Instead, she punched TAAron full-force in the face.

Then she looked confused. Dang. Too far.

TAAron, who had had a blank expression on his face, widened his eyes in shock and fell to the ground. Then pain did not recede.

That won't work. Look, Wynn. I have driven people mad with this. I prefer not to use it, it feels too much like... cheating. Nor is it easy to do, for everyone. But know this: you've only got a few options here. Agree not to gag me, let me in, or deal with this forever.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron, who had had a blank expression on his face, widened his eyes in shock and fell to the ground. Then pain did not recede.

That won't work. Look, Wynn. I have driven people mad with this. I prefer not to use it, it feels too much like... cheating. Nor is it easy to do, for everyone. But know this: you've only got a few options here. Agree not to gag me, let me in, or deal with this forever.

"I've felt worse. Besides, there's not enough of me left to go insane. I can take anything you throw at me."

Wynn gagged TAAron through a haze of pain.

She will literally not give in even if it kills her. However, if this keeps up for much longer, interesting things will happen. She's still using Shadow Magic to try and push Malum out, even though it's not working.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"I've felt worse. Besides, there's not enough of me left to go insane. I can take anything you throw at me."

Wynn gagged TAAron through a haze of pain.

Wow, that's... counterproductive. Now instead of just letting me talk, I'll have to do this every time I need to make a point.

And with that, there was a final burst of even greater pain, and then it went away in an instant.

"Wynn? What's going on?" It was Lerac's voice.

Wow, that's... counterproductive. Now instead of just letting me talk, I'll have to do this every time I need to make a point.

And with that, there was a final burst of even greater pain, and then it went away in an instant.

"Wynn? What's going on?" It was Lerac's voice.

Wynn stumbled.

"Mmm... What?" She asked, disoriented. 

"I don't know. Judge for yourself."

TAAron was on the ground next to Wynn, looking very dazed.

Wynn inspected him. Dang it girl, why'd you have to punch him so hard?

"I didn't break anything, at least. He might have a concussion or something. I'm not a medical expert."

Wynn suddenly looked around at their surroundings in confusion.

"Uh... Where are we?"

Wynn inspected him. Dang it girl, why'd you have to punch him so hard?

"I didn't break anything, at least. He might have a concussion or something. I'm not a medical expert."

Wynn suddenly looked around at their surroundings in confusion.

"Uh... Where are we?"

"In the weird tower place. Do you not remember?"