Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Yep. Indeed. 

It’s a special oil that is repelled by living things, so there’s no fire within five feet of any of the people. However, it’s still enough to be dangerous.

I can change the thing that happens if you want, but it needs to put them (or at least Haly) in slight peril to showcase her loss of control. 

I know. Fire. I’m not super creative.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

But then the remaining liquid on the floor—for water it was not—thrust out flames, flames to leap up and lock the ceiling, flames to whirl and dance until it found something to devour. The disappointment vanished, leaving a sense of pleasure.

Wynn sighed. This was not something she wanted to waste soul on. Better than dying, though. She chose cheap memories- running diagnostics on her duel runner and repairing all the scratches. The Shadow Magic was eager in her hands.

"Down, fire." The flames disappeared. 

You guys good with this?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn sighed. This was not something she wanted to waste soul on. Better than dying, though. She chose cheap memories- running diagnostics on her duel runner and repairing all the scratches. The Shadow Magic was eager in her hands.

"Down, fire." The flames disappeared. 

Works for me!

Haly stared at where the flames used to be, feeling slightly disappointed. Then, of course, the feeling faded to the background. 

I could have fried everyone, including me, she thought in disbelief. She had another question, but no way to put it into words.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly stared at where the flames used to be, feeling slightly disappointed. Then, of course, the feeling faded to the background. 

I could have fried everyone, including me, she thought in disbelief. She had another question, but no way to put it into words.

"Haly!" TAAron rushed to her. "Are you hurt? What happened?"

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Wynn's reaction was the opposite of TAAron's.

"What the heck was that? I mean, you almost turned us into extra-well done steaks, but that was freakin' awesome! When'd you learn how to make fire?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Haly!" TAAron rushed to her. "Are you hurt? What happened?"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn's reaction was the opposite of TAAron's.

"What the heck was that? I mean, you almost turned us into extra-well done steaks, but that was freakin' awesome! When'd you learn how to make fire?"

She opened her mouth, wide eyes staring at a shiny puddle on the ground. “I… I didn’t. I haven’t. I don’t know. It… it happened again. It’s getting worse.”

She opened her mouth, wide eyes staring at a shiny puddle on the ground. “I… I didn’t. I haven’t. I don’t know. It… it happened again. It’s getting worse.”

Wynn narrowed her eyes.

"I think you need to tell us more about your powers and how they work."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"The pain is gone," Lerac put in.

TAAron's eyes snapped from concerned to amused. "My, my. You should be glad I was dealing with Lerac just then, or I would have had your boyfriend walk in."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
typing hard :(

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn narrowed her eyes.

"I think you need to tell us more about your powers and how they work."

“It’s simple! I walk through walls, turn into animals—wind chimes are easiest though—and find marshmallows and chocolate and sometimes fast food! I don’t know what’s happening and I don’t know how to stop it and I’m afraid I’m going to hurt someone and I don’t know what to do!” Haly was full-on panicking now.

"The pain is gone," Lerac put in.

TAAron's eyes snakes from concerned to amused. "My, my. You should be glad I was dealing with Lerac just then, or I would have had your boyfriend walk in."

Haly didn’t even care. She put her head in her hands and moaned. 

“It’s simple! I walk through walls, turn into animals—wind chimes are easiest though—and find marshmallows and chocolate and sometimes fast food! I don’t know what’s happening and I don’t know how to stop it and I’m afraid I’m going to hurt someone and I don’t know what to do!” Haly was full-on panicking now.

"Haly! Calm down. However hard your powers are to control, they can't be as bad as mine." Nameless glanced at the Finn, who were getting quite agitated. "Didn't we agree to follow those guys?"

Haly didn’t even care. She put her head in her hands and moaned. 

On a hunch, Lerac asked, "Sykel, do you know anything?"

"Haly? Haly, it's alright. We're all fine." TAAron had apparently gone back to normal and so had the concern in his eyes.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Haly! Calm down. However hard your powers are to control, they can't be as bad as mine." Nameless glanced at the Finn, who were getting quite agitated. "Didn't we agree to follow those guys?"

She took a deep breath. “Yeah, sorry. Let’s go.” 

GAHH NINJAD now I gotta wait for another post

oh Well this is fine :) 

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Haly? Haly, it's alright. We're all fine." TAAron had apparently gone back to normal and so had the concern in his eyes.

Sykel shook her head. “Sorry. Pester somebody else this time.”

She nodded, eyes on her hands. This time we’re all fine. 

"No need to apologize. I sort of know how you feel. Except I felt much worse, of course."

She looked up. “Oh.”

What’s he referring to? Should I know or is it backstory?

She took a deep breath. “Yeah, sorry. Let’s go.” 

Only sane one in the group. Why are we following the treacherous monster people? And we need to deal with Malum and Haly's powers. This isn't gonna work.

Wynn muttered under her breath. "What are we even doing here? How do we know this will work?"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Only sane one in the group. Why are we following the treacherous monster people? And we need to deal with Malum and Haly's powers. This isn't gonna work.

Wynn muttered under her breath. "What are we even doing here? How do we know this will work?"

"The Finn are extremely skilled in healing. If anyone can fix TAAron, it'll be them."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"The Finn are extremely skilled in healing. If anyone can fix TAAron, it'll be them."

"And why do the murder monsters know how to heal humans? Why would they want to heal humans?"

Lol I love Nameless's ego and lack of empathy.

Sykel shook her head. “Sorry. Pester somebody else this time.”

She nodded, eyes on her hands. This time we’re all fine. 

She looked up. “Oh.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Check your hand, Wynn.

"Haly, is there something that seems to trigger these outbursts? Because this is the second time I've seen one happen now." Lerac's disposition was severe, having just come out of immense pain.

Check your hand, Wynn.

"Haly, is there something that seems to trigger these outbursts? Because this is the second time I've seen one happen now." Lerac's disposition was severe, having just come out of immense pain.

She shrunk back. “Well… it used to be emotion.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"And why do the murder monsters know how to heal humans? Why would they want to heal humans?"

"They're not murder monsters, they're just... inhuman. And they'd want to heal humans because we can give them something valuable."

She shrunk back. “Well… it used to be emotion.”

"Used to be? And what changed?"

"They're not murder monsters, they're just... inhuman. And they'd want to heal humans because we can give them something valuable."

TAAron perked up. "Right. You have that thing that you were going to give them, right? Could you maybe show it to them now and get them to take us to the right place that way?"

TAAron perked up. "Right. You have that thing that you were going to give them, right? Could you maybe show it to them now and get them to take us to the right place that way?"

"Uh, yeah. It might make them just kill us now to take it. Best to wait until they're forced to deal."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Used to be? And what changed?"

“I… meant to do it this time. I didn’t expect it would be so potentially damaging! The worst it’s been before is a lot of roses with thorns.”