Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Check your hand, Wynn.

Wynn squinted and read the cuts on her hand. Go to Haly's homeworld; bring the pain. Why would I want to do that...?

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Uh, yeah. It might make them just kill us now to take it. Best to wait until they're forced to deal."

"Making deals with strange creatures never goes as intended. Trust me, I have experience with this. We need to plan everything in advance."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Uh, yeah. It might make them just kill us now to take it. Best to wait until they're forced to deal."

At this, Lerac cast Nameless a knowing look.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I… meant to do it this time. I didn’t expect it would be so potentially damaging! The worst it’s been before is a lot of roses with thorns.”

"Do you think you could use that new control to just... avoid doing it form now on?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn squinted and read the cuts on her hand. Go to Haly's homeworld; bring the pain. Why would I want to do that...?

"Making deals with strange creatures never goes as intended. Trust me, I have experience with this. We need to plan everything in advance."

What's the last thing you remember?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Wynn scratched her head.

We were in the End of Time, trying to get to the tower... I'm guessing we're in the tower now. Please tell me I didn't waste my soul on something useless.

At this, Lerac cast Nameless a knowing look.

"Do you think you could use that new control to just... avoid doing it form now on?"

“Yeah. Yeah, I’ll try.” 

She decided not to voice her fear that it wasn’t quite that simple.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Yeah. Yeah, I’ll try.” 

She decided not to voice her fear that it wasn’t quite that simple.

Nameless patted Haly on the shoulder. "Don't worry. We can figure it out after TAAron's healed. I'll help you, okay? But right now, we really need to follow the Finn. They look about ready to murder us." With that, he started walking off towards the gathered Finn, glancing back to be sure the others followed him.

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn scratched her head.

We were in the End of Time, trying to get to the tower... I'm guessing we're in the tower now. Please tell me I didn't waste my soul on something useless.

Ah, quick summary: Haly and TAAron admitted their feelings to each other. And now Haly's sister is here to take her and put her on the throne, and put her into a political marriage.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless patted Haly on the shoulder. "Don't worry. We can figure it out after TAAron's healed. I'll help you, okay? But right now, we really need to follow the Finn. They look about ready to murder us." With that, he started walking off towards the gathered Finn, glancing back to be sure the others followed him.

TAAron looked somewhat nervous.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Ah, quick summary: Haly and TAAron admitted their feelings to each other. And now Haly's sister is here to take her and put her on the throne, and put her into a political marriage.

Ah okay that makes sense why I told myself to commit murder then. 

Wynn turned to Haly. 

"So... new powers? Might as well look at the positive, right? Now you can make s'mores."

Wynn turned to Haly. 

"So... new powers? Might as well look at the positive, right? Now you can make s'mores."

Don't... try not to commit murder.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked somewhat nervous.

Haly followed Nameless, drawing level with TAAron. “Don’t worry,” she told him. “We’ve got this.”

Wynn turned to Haly. 

”I guess maybe. I don’t think fire is the safest thing to summon though.” She brightened. “But s’mores are yummy!”

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly followed Nameless, drawing level with TAAron. “Don’t worry,” she told him. “We’ve got this.”

”I guess maybe. I don’t think fire is the safest thing to summon though.” She brightened. “But s’mores are yummy!”

"If it gets dangerous, stay away. Alright?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Don't... try not to commit murder.

I've never murdered someone who didn't deserve it... I think.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"Ah, who cares about safety? S'mores are better."

"If it gets dangerous, stay away. Alright?"

She frowned. “Maybe. I’ll see. No promises.”

I've never murdered someone who didn't deserve it... I think.

"Ah, who cares about safety? S'mores are better."

Haly grinned. “True that. Very true. Hey, do you have a furry thing?”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She frowned. “Maybe. I’ll see. No promises.”

Wynn patted her pockets.

"Um... I seem to have misplaced my cards- wait, I have a kuriboh!" She summoned it, frowning. I never put my cards anywhere but my duel disk. What happened to them?

7 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Nameless sighed. "Wynn, could you teach me some of that shadow realm magic you do?"

Edited by Ookla the Untitled

TAAron looked pained. "Haly..."

“I’m not letting you die.” 

Wynn patted her pockets.

"Um... I seem to have misplaced my cards- wait, I have a kuriboh!" She summoned it, frowning. I never put my cards anywhere but my duel disk. What happened to them?

“Ohhh…” Haly thought for a minute. “You asked Tors if she’d seen any cards.”

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless groaned. "Wynn, could you teach me some of that shadow realm magic you do?"

"It's easier to summon monsters using holograms, but I think I could. You're mortal though, so you'd either have to sacrifice someone else's soul, kill yourself, or find an object containing a deceased magician. Oh, and if your mind isn't strong enough you'll become possessed by a monster spirit. You good with that?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"It's easier to summon monsters using holograms, but I think I could. You're mortal though, so you'd either have to sacrifice someone else's soul, kill yourself, or find an object containing a deceased magician. Oh, and if your mind isn't strong enough you'll become possessed by a monster spirit. You good with that?"

"Do you think I could power it with saidin?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn patted her pockets.

You lost them a while ago, I think.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’m not letting you die.” 

“Ohhh…” Haly thought for a minute. “You asked Tors if she’d seen any cards.”

"I'll be fine. You need to stay safe."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Do you think I could power it with saidin?"

"I have no idea. Would it appease the duel spirits? They get power by leeching energy from humans souls. You'd have to test it."

You lost them a while ago, I think.

"I'll be fine. You need to stay safe."

Dang it! I bet Purple took them again. He's always getting in the way of my quests. This is gonna be the Pits of Hathsin all over again!

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You've got like... a country that you need to run." His expression saddened at this.

Her stomach twisted at his face. She didn’t like seeing him look like that. “I don’t! If I die, they’ll just put somebody else on the throne—Cjehu maybe.”

"I have no idea. Would it appease the duel spirits? They get power by leeching energy from humans souls. You'd have to test it."

"Hm. After the Tower, I suppose."

Ahead of the group, the Finn walked past a doorway, into a room filled with shadows.