Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly clamped her hands on the side of her head and squeezes her eyes shut. “Just shut up,” she begged. “Shut up.”

"What did you do? Don't you realize it's happening again with TAAron?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What did you do? Don't you realize it's happening again with TAAron?"

“Yes!” She drew a long, shuddery breath. “I realize it every day, and again every night, and again every time I see him. And…” she choked. “And it’s even worse. Because this isn’t somebody else’s life. This is someone I care about, really and truly, and I can’t stop it, and I should just leave.” 

Haly broke down and cried.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Yes!” She drew a long, shuddery breath. “I realize it every day, and again every night, and again every time I see him. And…” she choked. “And it’s even worse. Because this isn’t somebody else’s life. This is someone I care about, really and truly, and I can’t stop it, and I should just leave.” 

Haly broke down and cried.

TAAron smiled wickedly. Then, the smile disappeared. Seeing that he was back to normal, Lerac rushed to heal his arm. "Haly? Haly, what's wrong? What happened?" TAAron pulled away from Lerac and rushed to her side.

What happened to Sykel taking an interest in the conversation?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron smiled wickedly. Then, the smile disappeared. Seeing that he was back to normal, Lerac rushed to heal his arm. "Haly? Haly, what's wrong? What happened?" TAAron pulled away from Lerac and rushed to her side.

She was monitoring it. Can’t let Evalyn die on her watch! Besides that, she doesn’t rly care.

She turned away. “I should just leave,” she choked. “I can’t help. I never help.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She turned away. “I should just leave,” she choked. “I can’t help. I never help.”

"What? Yes you can! You've done nothing but help. I'd given up on myself and you... showed me that someone cared. And you were willing to go to the tower, and help me all the way there. So don't say that."

"What? Yes you can! You've done nothing but help. I'd given up on myself and you... showed me that someone cared. And you were willing to go to the tower, and help me all the way there. So don't say that."

She shook her head, hard. “It won’t make a difference. It never makes a difference.” Her chest heaved with another sob.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She shook her head, hard. “It won’t make a difference. It never makes a difference.” Her chest heaved with another sob.

Emotions... Wynn looked at Haly crying. Good friends try to comfort each other. I guess I should try.

"This is not the past." She looked Haly in the eyes. "Bad things might've happened, but you've learned from them, grown from them. Without you, we would be dead at least three times over- I kept track." How to phrase this... "We need you, Haly. Don't abandon your duty- don't abandon TAAron. We will not succeed without you."

"You've already made a difference, Haly. No matter how this turns out."

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Emotions... Wynn looked at Haly crying. Good friends try to comfort each other. I guess I should try.

"This is not the past." She looked Haly in the eyes. "Bad things might've happened, but you've learned from them, grown from them. Without you, we would be dead at least three times over- I kept track." How to phrase this... "We need you, Haly. Don't abandon your duty- don't abandon TAAron. We will not succeed without you."

"You've already made a difference, Haly. No matter how this turns out."

She sniffed. “It doesn’t matter how much I’ve helped. In the end, it always comes to naught.”

She sniffed. “It doesn’t matter how much I’ve helped. In the end, it always comes to naught.”

"Has this quest failed yet? Don't weave yourself a self-fulfilling prophecy." Say something inspirational. "On your own, perhaps you would fail. But you aren't alone. We are a team, and no matter what happened in the past, it won't affect our success in the future. Now get up! We have a soul to fix!"

Too much? Maybe a little.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Has this quest failed yet? Don't weave yourself a self-fulfilling prophecy." Say something inspirational. "On your own, perhaps you would fail. But you aren't alone. We are a team, and no matter what happened in the past, it won't affect our success in the future. Now get up! We have a soul to fix!"

She shrugged, eyes hollow. “Fine. But you’re all going to die.”

"No. No, it won't. Not this time."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Lerac raised an eyebrow at her.

She shrugged, eyes hollow. “Fine. But you’re all going to die.”

Wynn did her best to smile.

"We knew that when we signed on for this. Besides, death is a fleeting thing nowadays."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac raised an eyebrow at her.

What does eyebrow mean?

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn did her best to smile.

"We knew that when we signed on for this. Besides, death is a fleeting thing nowadays."

It means that he's surprised by her monologue.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She slipped down to the floor. “Sure. I’ll play along.”

"What are playing along to? Come on, Haly, don't give up now."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What are playing along to? Come on, Haly, don't give up now."

She paused. She wanted to. She wanted to give up all her attachment to her friends before anything happened to them. But… something jumped at TAArons words. Whatever it was disagreed. 

She stood up and smiled. “Of course not. Why would I do that?” The idea suddenly sounded absurd.

She paused. She wanted to. She wanted to give up all her attachment to her friends before anything happened to them. But… something jumped at TAArons words. Whatever it was disagreed. 

She stood up and smiled. “Of course not. Why would I do that?” The idea suddenly sounded absurd.

TAAron looked even more concerned. "Haly, is something going on? Your emotions seem to be a bit... all over the place."

TAAron looked even more concerned. "Haly, is something going on? Your emotions seem to be a bit... all over the place."

Laughable! All over the place? Ridiculous. “Nope! Nothing’s up. No reason to worry.” She smiled reassuringly.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Wynn looked at TAAron. Why do I even try to be a good friend? Not once have I helped a situation by being nice to someone. 

She whispered so only Lerac could hear. 

"How do you be nice to people? I'm trying, but it isn't working."

Laughable! All over the place? Ridiculous. “Nope! Nothing’s up. No reason to worry.” She smiled reassuringly.

"Haly, there is a reason to worry. Think about that."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn looked at TAAron. Why do I even try to be a good friend? Not once have I helped a situation by being nice to someone. 

She whispered so only Lerac could hear. 

"How do you be nice to people? I'm trying, but it isn't working."

"You're asking me? I just say what I think, usually."

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You're asking me? I just say what I think, usually."

"You do, and sometimes it's incredibly rude and insensitive. But you're a mortal. You must know how mortals think, right? What traits make a person friendly?"