Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn's instincts took over. In a flash, she had TAAron in a full nelson. 

"Lerac. Heal. Now."

Lerac placed his hand on TAAron's arm, and the flesh on his hand began to reform.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly noticed. Her eyes widened, then she reached out a hand and doused TAAron completely. Then collapsed from exhaustion.

"Haly!" TAAron pulled away and ran toward her as soon as Lerac was done healing. "Haly, are you okay? Please be okay."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Great. Now I'm wet. Wynn let go of the unfortunate archivist and went to Haly.

She definitely exceeded her limits. This is becoming a problem.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac placed his hand on TAAron's arm, and the flesh on his hand began to reform.

"Haly!" TAAron pulled away and ran toward her as soon as Lerac was done healing. "Haly, are you okay? Please be okay."

She groaned. “Fine… I’m fine. Give me a…” she attempted to push herself up with her hands, but collapsed again. “Minute…”

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Great. Now I'm wet. Wynn let go of the unfortunate archivist and went to Haly.

She definitely exceeded her limits. This is becoming a problem.

He's not actually an archivist.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She groaned. “Fine… I’m fine. Give me a…” she attempted to push herself up with her hands, but collapsed again. “Minute…”

"You're not fine." TAAron laughed mirthlessly. "Curse it, Haly, aren't I the one who's supposed to be collapsing? What can I do to help?"

"You're not fine." TAAron laughed mirthlessly. "Curse it, Haly, aren't I the one who's supposed to be collapsing? What can I do to help?"

She shook her head, breathless. “It’s fine. I’m fine.” She attempted to stand again and made it to her feet, but swayed, stumbled, and fell again to stare up at the ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Wynn said nothing. That seemed to be the thing to do in these kinds of situations.

Got it. Wynn isn't the type to care about being accurate, though

Her power has limits... we need to find them before this happens again.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She shook her head, breathless. “It’s fine. I’m fine.” She attempted to stand again and made it to her feet, but swayed, stumbled, and fell again to stare up at the ceiling. 

"Don't keep trying to stand, you'll probably make it worse. Just stay still. It's alright, Haly." He took her hand and looked her in the eye. "Please be careful next time. You almost scared me the other half way to death."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
How did I even make that typo

"Don't keep trying to stand, you'll probably make it worth. Just stay still. It's alright, Haly." He took her hand and looked her in the eye. "Please be careful next time. You almost scared me the other half way to death."

She laughed, or tried to. “Fire. I shouldn’t summon fire.”

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

A Finn approached the group, looking at Haly curiously. “Do you wish to follow me or not?”

”I think we do. But I’m not allowed to stand up.”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She laughed, or tried to. “Fire. I shouldn’t summon fire.”

I meant worse, not worth by the way. I'm not sure how I made that mistake...

"Fire specifically? What's different about it?"

”I think we do. But I’m not allowed to stand up.”

TAAron looked suspiciously at the Finn. "Can it wait?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked suspiciously at the Finn. "Can it wait?"

“No. Killing you will take too much time, and you will damage the Pattern in your fighting. You must come quickly, and begone from this world as soon as possible.”

“I don’t know. There’s… pressure. It wants out. Uses my emotions…”

"Is... is there anything I can do to help?" He sighed. "Now I get how you must feel. This is awful."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“No. Killing you will take too much time, and you will damage the Pattern in your fighting. You must come quickly, and begone from this world as soon as possible.”

TAAron looked at the creature angrily. "Fine. Haly, do you think I could help you up?"

"Is... is there anything I can do to help?" He sighed. "Now I get how you must feel. This is awful."

TAAron looked at the creature angrily. "Fine. Haly, do you think I could help you up?"

“Yeah… I think so.” She sat up, grimacing from the effort. She snatched at his shoulder.

Well scud. I’d better go. Bye!