Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Just keep leaning on me for now, then." He stood awkwardly for a few moments. "Was my... hand on fire a bit ago?"

She looked down. “Yeah. Nameless wanted fire, so… I made too much, and Malum took over, and… I’m sorry.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Just keep leaning on me for now, then." He stood awkwardly for a few moments. "Was my... hand on fire a bit ago?"

Wynn tried to pretend she couldn't hear the lovebirds.

"So, Lerac. What's on your mind?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She looked down. “Yeah. Nameless wanted fire, so… I made too much, and Malum took over, and… I’m sorry.”

"No, don't be. You lost control. It happens, especially when you're dealing with magic." He held her closer to him. "I... Maybe we should wait until you're back to normal before we follow that guy."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn tried to pretend she couldn't hear the lovebirds.

"So, Lerac. What's on your mind?"

Lerac was watching them, slightly amused but also showing a bit of concern. "It worries me that that god was able to make him burn his own hand off. What's next, he'll just jump off a cliff?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac was watching them, slightly amused but also showing a bit of concern. "It worries me that that god was able to make him burn his own hand off. What's next, he'll just jump off a cliff?"

Wynn nodded. "We need to keep a close eye on him." She looked at the two. "I don't know if Haly is up to the task... her instability is growing."

"No, don't be. You lost control. It happens, especially when you're dealing with magic." He held her closer to him. "I... Maybe we should wait until you're back to normal before we follow that guy."

“No! Next time you might die!” She realized this was actually possibly true for the first time, and her eyes welled up. “I’m fine. Really.”

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn nodded. "We need to keep a close eye on him." She looked at the two. "I don't know if Haly is up to the task... her instability is growing."

"No kidding. The glass beads were one thing, but fire is dangerous. If she does that during a fight she'll be almost guaranteed to hit one of us."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No! Next time you might die!” She realized this was actually possibly true for the first time, and her eyes welled up. “I’m fine. Really.”

"If you can't stand up, you can't fight. And if we get attacked and you can't fight, you will die. It seems like I'm breaking out of Malum's control in intense situations, so I'll have a chance."

"No kidding. The glass beads were one thing, but fire is dangerous. If she does that during a fight she'll be almost guaranteed to hit one of us."

"That reminds me. I've been meaning to ask, how does your healing work? Where I come from, we don't have any healers."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"If you can't stand up, you can't fight. And if we get attacked and you can't fight, you will die. It seems like I'm breaking out of Malum's control in intense situations, so I'll have a chance."

“I can stand up! See?” She pulled away, stumbled, and fell against the wall. “Okay, well, Malum just about burnt off your hand and I’m just a little shaky. You have days left, maybe hours. I just need a minute. Let’s keep moving.”

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"That reminds me. I've been meaning to ask, how does your healing work? Where I come from, we don't have any healers."

"I don't really know. I touch someone, I concentrate, I feel part of their pain, and it heals. It's a thing in our family."

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I can stand up! See?” She pulled away, stumbled, and fell against the wall. “Okay, well, Malum just about burnt off your hand and I’m just a little shaky. You have days left, maybe hours. I just need a minute. Let’s keep moving.”

He grabbed her and pulled her back up. "I'll last longer than a few hours. We can spare however long it takes for you to regain your mobility." He turned to Nameless. "Can't we?"

@UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't really know. I touch someone, I concentrate, I feel part of their pain, and it heals. It's a thing in our family."

He grabbed her and pulled her back up. "I'll last longer than a few hours. We can spare however long it takes for you to regain your mobility." He turned to Nameless. "Can't we?"

@UnfortunatelyNamed

“No, no we can’t!” She rounded on Nameless. “Tell him we can’t!”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No, no we can’t!” She rounded on Nameless. “Tell him we can’t!”

"We can. I'll survive, Haly. I promise."

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Interesting. And what is your family like?"

"Well, we gather plants, we sell them, we work the clinic."

“No! We can’t, and I’m fine, and I don’t care what you promise!”

"You are not fine. If we go in there and we get attacked, I will defend you no matter what, so I'll just be at more risk."

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Parents? Siblings? Extended family? What about friends? Don't you want to return home?"

"Parent, no siblings, not much else. And yes, I do want to get back, that's why I stuck with you all. There are people who need me."

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Parent, no siblings, not much else. And yes, I do want to get back, that's why I stuck with you all. There are people who need me."

Wynn turned on her duel disk.

"By any chance do you know what subunit your dimension is in? If you do, there's a possibility my disk could find a pathway home for you."

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You are not fine. If we go in there and we get attacked, I will defend you no matter what, so I'll just be at more risk."

“Well, just ignore me then! Pretend I don’t exist! Look, I’ll be fine. I can turn into wind chimes and fly through walls.”

Night all; tomorrow!

"...Subunit? What's that?"

Wynn sighed.

"It's like the area of the multiverse where... never mind. You clearly don't know. Hopefully Nameless or someone else has a way to get you home. Unless you want to go randomly dimension hopping after this is over."

“Well, just ignore me then! Pretend I don’t exist! Look, I’ll be fine. I can turn into wind chimes and fly through walls.”

"Can you really, in this tower and in your current state?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn sighed.

"It's like the area of the multiverse where... never mind. You clearly don't know. Hopefully Nameless or someone else has a way to get you home. Unless you want to go randomly dimension hopping after this is over."

"That does sound not ideal."

"That does sound not ideal."

"It's actually quite fun, if you're properly prepared. Not great for when you have people counting on you and places you need to be though. Is this your first time traveling inter-dimensionally?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"It's actually quite fun, if you're properly prepared. Not great for when you have people counting on you and places you need to be though. Is this your first time traveling inter-dimensionally?"

"I guess, technically. Although I didn't really do the travelling the first time."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I guess, technically. Although I didn't really do the travelling the first time."

Wynn chuckled. 

"You mortals, always doing things and making commitments. I can't fathom it. You guys don't even know how to have a proper duel!"