Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

The other god. The one I killed. And yet... he remains.

I see. He lives on in Tors? And TAAron, perhaps?

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Wonderful. What will it take to get rid of him?"

"No clue. He thinks we're all heading to the clinic. You'll be sticking with Haly, I presume?"

Not Tors. TAAron and Tristan. Tristan is dead now, so now I just need your friend. And with a little bit of Stacis...

I see. So you'll kill TAAron and finally kill your enemy, eh?

Nameless walked away from the group, beginning the weaves to open a gateway back to the clinic.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yes. Yes, it is. That man told me to ask you... who I was."

"Ah, that's question." Wynn chuckled halfheartedly. "Out of all of us, I've known you for the least amount of time. You... you are very loyal to your friends. The world you came from was destroyed or something, and losing the people you cared about hurt you, I think. Whenever there was even the tiniest possibility of danger, you tried to keep us from risking ourselves for you- especially Haly. You guys were so sweet." Wynn thought for a second. "Wherever you end up going, I would urge you to keep in mind that your memories do not define you. You are still TAAron, even if you can't remember your past."

8 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

I see. He lives on in Tors? And TAAron, perhaps?

"No clue. He thinks we're all heading to the clinic. You'll be sticking with Haly, I presume?"

"Yep." Wynn grinned darkly. "There are a few things I need to do, and staying with her will speed things up."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nothing.

Wow. Interesting. Maybe you should say goodbye, then.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Ah, that's question." Wynn chuckled halfheartedly. "Out of all of us, I've known you for the least amount of time. You... you are very loyal to your friends. The world you came from was destroyed or something, and losing the people you cared about hurt you, I think. Whenever there was even the tiniest possibility of danger, you tried to keep us from risking ourselves for you- especially Haly. You guys were so sweet." Wynn thought for a second. "Wherever you end up going, I would urge you to keep in mind that your memories do not define you. You are still TAAron, even if you can't remember your past."

"Yep." Wynn grinned darkly. "There are a few things I need to do, and staying with her will speed things up."

"Hm." He nodded. "Sweet?

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Nameless ignored Malum, continuing to weave the gateway. "Good. I'm heading back to the clinic. Malum is going to keep trying to kill TAAron. Apparently some remnant of that other god lives on in him." The gateway snapped open in front of Nameless, opening into the lobby of the clinic. "Be careful. And goodbye, for now."

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Good. I'm heading back to the clinic. Malum is going to keep trying to kill TAAron. Apparently some remnant of that other god lives on in him." A gateway snapped open in front of Nameless, opening into the lobby of the clinic. "Be careful. And goodbye, for now."

"Kill me? A god?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Hm." He nodded. "Sweet?

"Yes. You two were adorable..." Wynn gave him a pitying look. "Perhaps you could regain that... She still loves you, but everything has been confused."

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Good. I'm heading back to the clinic. Malum is going to keep trying to kill TAAron. Apparently some remnant of that other god lives on in him." A gateway snapped open in front of Nameless, opening into the lobby of the clinic. "Be careful. And goodbye, for now."

"Bye!" Wynn said sarcastically. "Thanks for stranding all of us here with no reliable way to leave! You really are heroic!"

Ugh. I hope I'm not overselling it.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Yes. You two were adorable..." Wynn gave him a pitying look. "Perhaps you could regain that... She still loves you, but everything has been confused."

"Bye!" Wynn said sarcastically. "Thanks for stranding all of us here with no reliable way to leave! You really are heroic!"

He saddened. "I don't think she loves me. Maybe TAAron is dead, like she said."

8 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“Skyel can get you out of here. And I’m not your hero. I’m not anyone’s hero.”

He saddened. "I don't think she loves me. Maybe TAAron is dead, like she said."

"Don't be an idiot. Of course she loves you. Maybe she thinks she doesn't, but feelings don't just disappear. And TAAron is not dead.  You are TAAron. You look like him, you talk like him, and even though you might not remember anything, you have the same Shadow as him. Those aren't things that can be faked- not all of them together.

"I promise, if you give it some time and show her who you are, she'll come to her senses, provided you still want to be with her."

6 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Woah." Lerac stepped up to Nameless. "What happened to the protagonist?"

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Don't be an idiot. Of course she loves you. Maybe she thinks she doesn't, but feelings don't just disappear. And TAAron is not dead.  You are TAAron. You look like him, you talk like him, and even though you might not remember anything, you have the same Shadow as him. Those aren't things that can be faked- not all of them together.

"I promise, if you give it some time and show her who you are, she'll come to her senses, provided you still want to be with her."

"I... do. I think." He sighed. "I just don't know. I don't want her to keep hurting, but I don't even know her yet."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“Yeah, I don’t understand it either. Tors can explain it better.”

"Tors? Who is that?"

7 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Well Nameless, if that's really what you think. Clearly, you need to work things out on your own. I respect that."

"I... do. I think." He sighed. "I just don't know. I don't want her to keep hurting, but I don't even know her yet."

"She's strong. Get to know her. I promise, it'll be better for both of you in the long run."

Are we continuing the adventure using this thread, or are we returning to the main thread or starting a new one?

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Well Nameless, if that's really what you think. Clearly, you need to work things out on your own. I respect that."

"She's strong. Get to know her. I promise, it'll be better for both of you in the long run."

I don't know isn't just Nameless returning to the Clinic for now?

"When I... came to, she was next to me, crying."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Woah." Lerac stepped up to Nameless. "What happened to the protagonist?"

“He woke up to reality.”

"Tors? Who is that?"

“She’ll explain.”

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

“Thanks. Goodbye, everyone. And good luck.”

Nameless stepped through the gateway into the clinic, and was gone.

Yeah, Nameless is going back to the main thread.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“He woke up to reality.”

“She’ll explain.”

Lerac grimaced. "Well. That's that."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"When I... came to, she was next to me, crying."

"She... She probably feels like she lost everything she had with you. Most mortals don't understand the difference between memory and identity. Show her. If you want what you had, show her that it can happen again."

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Wynn sighed as he left. 

"Well, we have two options. Go to Haly's world, or teleport randomly across the multiverse."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"She... She probably feels like she lost everything she had with you. Most mortals don't understand the difference between memory and identity. Show her. If you want what you had, show her that it can happen again."

Wynn sighed as he left. 

"Well, we have two options. Go to Haly's world, or teleport randomly across the multiverse."

"So... how did this happen?"

"So... how did this happen?"

"Your world's evil god, Malum, broke your soul or something. Nameless took us to these creepy monster guys, and they healed you for a price. Malum possessed you and forced you to give up your memory. And now we're here."

Wynn summoned her duel runner.

"If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna make a quick detour before we move on to Haly's dimension. I should be back soon."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Your world's evil god, Malum, broke your soul or something. Nameless took us to these creepy monster guys, and they healed you for a price. Malum possessed you and forced you to give up your memory. And now we're here."

Wynn summoned her duel runner.

"If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna make a quick detour before we move on to Haly's dimension. I should be back soon."

"Okay." TAAron sat down, dejected.

Hello, TAAron.

He bolted back upright. "What? Who are you? Where are you?"

Right in front of you. The trident.

TAAron stared, astonished.

I need to tell you some things... about yourself. Firstly, you came from the Stacic dimension. The details of that are pretty complicated, but long story short... a god destroyed it. Malum. And now he wants you dead. He tried to use you once to kill everyone at the Clinic, but you instead nearly died. The doctors there were able to heal you, but you suffered serious soul damage. The solution was to go to that place we just came from, and bargain for your soul. But... Malum got a hold of you, somehow, and forced you to give up your memory.

"What were we going to give up instead."

That was... being debated. Anyways, I... am a sentient weapon, crafted by the god Bonum, who was in opposition to Malum in your home world. I was to defend that world, but I failed. Bonum was killed, and your home destroyed.

"Oh. I don't really know what to think about that."

We are going to try and defeat Malum, once and for all. I will do my best to help.

"Got it."