Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Who is Spekkio?"

"A god of war. I need his blessing if I want to help Haly. He could probably help you too... maybe. It depends on how strong you are."

Wynn reached in her duel runner's compartment and pulled out a pair of helmets. 

"You coming or not?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"A god of war. I need his blessing if I want to help Haly. He could probably help you too... maybe. It depends on how strong you are."

Wynn reached in her duel runner's compartment and pulled out a pair of helmets. 

"You coming or not?"

How does Haly know someone here if this is Nameless' home world?

"Uh, sure."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Uh, sure."

She doesn't. Wynn wants to go to Haly's world and kill whoever she needs to in order for Haly to be free. Spekkio can help her with that (although he won't do it in the way expected)

"Great." Wynn handed TAAron a helmet. "Hop on. Whatever you do, don't fall off and don't look the space daemons in the eyes."

The duel runner took off and accelerated until everything was a vague blur.

"Our ETA is five minutes."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Great." Wynn handed TAAron a helmet. "Hop on. Whatever you do, don't fall off and don't look the space daemons in the eyes."

The duel runner took off and accelerated until everything was a vague blur.

"Our ETA is five minutes."

"The space what?" His eyes widened as they accelerated, and he began losing his grip on the runner.

"The space what?" His eyes widened as they accelerated, and he began losing his grip on the runner.

"Careful there." Wynn pressed a button on the control board and suddenly it felt like they weren't moving. Their surroundings morphed into inky blackness. "Sorry, I probably should've raised the shields before we started. I haven't driven with a first-timer in a very long time.

"So, what do you think?"

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Careful there." Wynn pressed a button on the control board and suddenly it felt like they weren't moving. Their surroundings morphed into inky blackness. "Sorry, I probably should've raised the shields before we started. I haven't driven with a first-timer in a very long time.

"So, what do you think?"

"Of... of what?" His knuckles were white as he gripped the runner.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Of... of what?" His knuckles were white as he gripped the runner.

"Your first duel runner ride. Most people throw up. The fact that you haven't yet is reassuring."

The duel runner looks vaguely like this (slightly different shape and color):

Duel Runner | Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki | Fandom

So TAAron won't fall off too easily.

"I don't know. Maybe I was... strong of stomach."

As I said, slightly different. Duel runners are custom built, so I don't have an ideal picture. 

"Perhaps."

A light appeared in the distance. 

"Look, we're here! Remember, ignore the daemons. They just want to eat your soul."

"They want to what? Never mind." He looked down nervously.

"Mmm, the End of Time! Smell that dead air!"

The runner slowed as Wynn navigated them through winding cobblestone streets. After a few minutes, they pulled up at a Colosseum-looking building, surrounded by a fancy iron fence.

Wynn stopped the runner and jumped off. She turned to TAAron as the wrought iron gates opened on their own. 

"Remember, don't pick a fight with Spekkio unless you want to loose. He won't actually hurt you, but he might damage your ego, if you have one."

On a scale of 1 to 5 with one being the weakest, how proficient is TAAron combat-wise?

"Mmm, the End of Time! Smell that dead air!"

The runner slowed as Wynn navigated them through winding cobblestone streets. After a few minutes, they pulled up at a Colosseum-looking building, surrounded by a fancy iron fence.

Wynn stopped the runner and jumped off. She turned to TAAron as the wrought iron gates opened on their own. 

"Remember, don't pick a fight with Spekkio unless you want to loose. He won't actually hurt you, but he might damage your ego, if you have one."

I'll say a one or two. He'd be much better if he could remember things, like how to properly use metals. And if he had metals in the first place.

"Got it. Is this where he lives?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Got it. Is this where he lives?"

"I'm not sure. He's always here when I check, but I've also found him in other places around the multiverse."

They entered the building and walked down a dim hallway to an open arena area.

"Is that Wynn I hear!?" A high-pitched voice called from somewhere above. "Ooh! And she's brought a friend!"

There was a loud boom as something crashed into the middle of the arena, kicking up dust and rubble. In the midst of the impact was a strange fuzzy creature.

"Welcome, friends!"

Spekkio's current form: 

Chrono Trigger Spekkio Perler Bead Sprite Video Game Decor | Etsy | Chrono  trigger, Perler beads, Bead sprite

Just now, Ranryu said:

"I'm not sure. He's always here when I check, but I've also found him in other places around the multiverse."

They entered the building and walked down a dim hallway to an open arena area.

"Is that Wynn I hear!?" A high-pitched voice called from somewhere above. "Ooh! And she's brought a friend!"

There was a loud boom as something crashed into the middle of the arena, kicking up dust and rubble. In the midst of the impact was a strange fuzzy creature.

"Welcome, friends!"

Interesting...

TAAron was tense. "Yes, hello."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron was tense. "Yes, hello."

Wynn glanced at TAAron, her eyes narrowed.

"And who might you be, young warrior? Wynn is the only person to have visited me in the End of Time for millennia!"

As he spoke, the god bounced up and down, seemingly unable to contain his energy.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn glanced at TAAron, her eyes narrowed.

"And who might you be, young warrior? Wynn is the only person to have visited me in the End of Time for millennia!"

As he spoke, the god bounced up and down, seemingly unable to contain his energy.

"I'm afraid I don't really know who I am. Wynn tells me my name was... TAAron. And a sentient trident told me that I come from the 'Stacic Dimension.' And... I don't know that I'm a warrior."

"I'm afraid I don't really know who I am. Wynn tells me my name was... TAAron. And a sentient trident told me that I come from the 'Stacic Dimension.' And... I don't know that I'm a warrior."

"Nonsense! If you weren't a warrior, you would see me as a frog!" The god bounced towards Wynn. "There's one of those energy wells you Aos Si covet in the back room. Go and restore yourself while I test this confused warrior."

Wynn looked at him incredulously. "Really!?" She hid her joy and turned to TAAron.

"Is it okay if I go? I promise I won't take too long... and Spekkio will protect you from any real danger."

"Nonsense! If you weren't a warrior, you would see me as a frog!" The god bounced towards Wynn. "There's one of those energy wells you Aos Si covet in the back room. Go and restore yourself while I test this confused warrior."

Wynn looked at him incredulously. "Really!?" She hid her joy and turned to TAAron.

"Is it okay if I go? I promise I won't take too long... and Spekkio will protect you from any real danger."

"Sure, go ahead. Uh, test me?"

"Sure, go ahead. Uh, test me?"

Wynn nodded gratefully and ran off.

"Nothing scary, don't you worry! Just a simple game of tag! The test will end if you catch me, or whenever Wynn returns!" The god of war leaped in the air with excitement. "Oh, and you may want to drink this!" Spekkio handed TAAron a vial of metals.

Wynn nodded gratefully and ran off.

"Nothing scary, don't you worry! Just a simple game of tag! The test will end if you catch me, or whenever Wynn returns!" The god of war leaped in the air with excitement. "Oh, and you may want to drink this!" Spekkio handed TAAron a vial of metals.

"Drink it? Okay..." He downed the vial. "Now what?"

"Drink it? Okay..." He downed the vial. "Now what?"

Spekkio giggled.

"Catch me if you can!! 

The fluffy god took a huge leap and landed on the other side of the arena. 

"Unless you use those metals, you'll never catch me!"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Spekkio giggled.

"Catch me if you can!! 

The fluffy god took a huge leap and landed on the other side of the arena. 

"Unless you use those metals, you'll never catch me!"

"Metals? What metals?" TAAron felt inside himself. Oh.

Trying not to think, and hoping he has some instinct for it, he burned steel. Blue lines sprung out from his chest to pieces of metal around him. Woah.

What metals are around him?

"Metals? What metals?" TAAron felt inside himself. Oh.

Trying not to think, and hoping he has some instinct for it, he burned steel. Blue lines sprung out from his chest to pieces of metal around him. Woah.

Spekkio is actually wearing a suit of armor, but TAAron couldn't see it because he wasn't powerful enough. Spekkio's appearance changes based on the strength of the person looking at him. There are also some metal fences in the distance.

"Good! Very good, little warrior!" Spekkio's voice deepened slightly as he took another massive bound across the arena.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Good! Very good, little warrior!" Spekkio's voice deepened slightly as he took another massive bound across the arena.

Why is he not powerful enough? He's a Lerasium mistborn.

Breathing deeply, TAAron closed his eyes. I don't know what's going to happen... well, here goes nothing, He pushed on the nearest fence, and it bent back from the force. He was propelled across the arena, tumbling and disoriented. Without thinking, he burned pewter before smashing into the ground. "Huh."

Breathing deeply, TAAron closed his eyes. I don't know what's going to happen... well, here goes nothing, He pushed on the nearest fence, and it bent back from the force. He was propelled across the arena, tumbling and disoriented. Without thinking, he burned pewter before smashing into the ground. "Huh."

It takes into account his attitude and confidence levels. TAAron with his memories would probably see a much fiercer monster.

Spekkio shivered, and suddenly TAAron was looking at a squat blue troll.

"Excellent. You recover quickly. Now come and get me!"