Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Spekkio shivered, and suddenly TAAron was looking at a squat blue troll.

"Excellent. You recover quickly. Now come and get me!"

But why does that keep him from detecting metals?

Closing his eyes again, TAAron tried to think as little as he could, instinctually pushing off of small metal things around him into he had caught up to Spekkio. He opened his eyes, which widened as he plummeted down practically on top of the creature.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Closing his eyes again, TAAron tried to think as little as he could, instinctually pushing off of small metal things around him into he had caught up to Spekkio. He opened his eyes, which widened as he plummeted down practically on top of the creature.

He should be able to detect the armor now that Spekkio isn't concealing it.

The blue troll melted away, leaving an armored knight in his place.

"Good, but not good enough!" Spekkio suddenly dissapeared, rematerializing a few yards away. "You have sixteen metals. Try some of the other ones."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

The blue troll melted away, leaving an armored knight in his place.

"Good, but not good enough!" Spekkio suddenly dissapeared, rematerializing a few yards away. "You have sixteen metals. Try some of the other ones."

Wait wait wait. What would happen... if he burned gold?

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

I think I have an idea

Without knowing what he was doing, TAAron burned gold. He skidded to a halt. "What..."

He almost didn't realize it at first, but he had caught a brief glimpse of his reflection a few times now. It was him. Except somehow, he was different. He wore different clothes, had had a different hairstyle. He looked at ease, even happy. On his wrist there was a strange crystal bracelet that glowed with a white light. How strange...

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Without knowing what he was doing, TAAron burned gold. He skidded to a halt. "What..."

He almost didn't realize it at first, but he had caught a brief glimpse of his reflection a few times now. It was him. Except somehow, he was different. He wore different clothes, had had a different hairstyle. He looked at ease, even happy. On his wrist there was a strange crystal bracelet that glowed with a white light. How strange...

Spekkio stopped running.

"Ah, you found the gold. What do you see?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't know. I've got a weird bracelet on, and I just sort of look different."

"Interesting. Now, back to the task at hand. Catch me, young warrior!"

Spekkio ran inhumanly fast, his armor clanking loudly.

Haly and Sykel had somehow gotten there too, and Haly looked around in confusement. “That’s Spekkio? Hi Spekkio. Accolades to your greatness and all that.”

”Haly,” Sykel said, eyes full of uneasiness (emotion on Sykel? No way!). “We really need to talk.”

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Interesting. Now, back to the task at hand. Catch me, young warrior!"

Spekkio ran inhumanly fast, his armor clanking loudly.

Sighing, TAAron launched himself after Spekkio again. This time, he grabbed on, and held with pewter.

“Is this about going back to Basilica? Because…” she glanced at TAAron. “I guess now would be a good time.”

“It’s… yes. Eva—Haly, we need you… because you’re betrothed.”

“WHAT?”

”Hear me out,” Sykel begged. “Nolikar just beat fillernamekingdom. Twice their size. They’ve been eyeing us, and we’ve been trying to secure an alliance, and we’ve tried everything. This was the only way.” She took a deep breath. “You don’t have to come. You don’t have to marry him. But all I’m asking—not for myself, for Basilica and all its people—is that you stall for us. Lead him on. Give us time to find some solution, or try to. Please, Haly.” She swallowed, looking more desperate than it would have been thought possible for her to look. “I’m begging you.”

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Sighing, TAAron launched himself after Spekkio again. This time, he grabbed on, and held with pewter.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly and Sykel had somehow gotten there too, and Haly looked around in confusement. “That’s Spekkio? Hi Spekkio. Accolades to your greatness and all that.”

”Haly,” Sykel said, eyes full of uneasiness (emotion on Sykel? No way!). “We really need to talk.”

"You caught me! Excellent work!"

At that moment, Wynn returned to the arena, looking energized.

"Thank you, Spekkio. I understand now. TAAron, you ready to go back?"

Suddenly, Spekkio returned to his small fluffy form. "TAAron, as reward for passing my test, I'd like you to have this helmet." Spekkio handed TAAron a simple metal helm. "It may not be able to totally shield you from that mockery of a god Malum, but it can help."

"Ah, new visitors!" Spekkio seemed delighted. "Unfortunately, you missed seeing TAAron pass his test with flying colors."

Wynn summoned her duel runner to the arena, then noticed Haly and Sykel.

"Uh... I won't even ask how you got here. My runner only seats two. How are you guys getting back?"

So basically Lerac is just alone on some random world right now? Amusing.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Is this about going back to Basilica? Because…” she glanced at TAAron. “I guess now would be a good time.”

“It’s… yes. Eva—Haly, we need you… because you’re betrothed.”

“WHAT?”

”Hear me out,” Sykel begged. “Nolikar just beat fillernamekingdom. Twice their size. They’ve been eyeing us, and we’ve been trying to secure an alliance, and we’ve tried everything. This was the only way.” She took a deep breath. “You don’t have to come. You don’t have to marry him. But all I’m asking—not for myself, for Basilica and all its people—is that you stall for us. Lead him on. Give us time to find some solution, or try to. Please, Haly.” She swallowed, looking more desperate than it would have been thought possible for her to look. “I’m begging you.”

TAAron looked concerned, and walked up to the pair. "What's going on?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Suddenly, Spekkio returned to his small fluffy form. "TAAron, as reward for passing my test, I'd like you to have this helmet." Spekkio handed TAAron a simple metal helm. "It may not be able to totally shield you from that mockery of a god Malum, but it can help."

"Ah, new visitors!" Spekkio seemed delighted. "Unfortunately, you missed seeing TAAron pass his test with flying colors."

"Uh... I won't even ask how you got here. My runner only seats two. How are you guys getting back?"

Yeah he's gonna be annoyed

"Thanks, Spekkio."

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“Don’t worry about that,” Sykel replied.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked concerned, and walked up to the pair. "What's going on?"

"Thanks, Spekkio."

Sykel looked rather unsure. “Well… I was talking to Eval—Haly about stalling for us. She’s betrothed. We were against a wall and made it in haste. We just need her to stall.”

Haly found somewhere else to direct her attention.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Don’t worry about that,” Sykel replied.

Sykel looked rather unsure. “Well… I was talking to Eval—Haly about stalling for us. She’s betrothed. We were against a wall and made it in haste. We just need her to stall.”

Haly found somewhere else to direct her attention.

TAAron looked surprised. "Betrothed? Interesting... Haly, you seem ill at ease."

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’m not marrying some rich snob of a prince from Nolikar,” she insisted. “It’s just stalling.” She looked up at Sykel for confirmation, and she nodded.

"Okay. So, you're going?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Okay. So, you're going?"

She nodded, looked down at her feet, then looked up. “I don’t know what you want, and I… don’t know what I want. So this should—this will be good for me.” She managed a small smile. “Anyway, it’ll be good to see my family again.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’m not marrying some rich snob of a prince from Nolikar,” she insisted. “It’s just stalling.” She looked up at Sykel for confirmation, and she nodded.

Attagirl Haly!

"Hey guys, could we move this conversation to a safer dimension. Perhaps one without space daemons that are trying to eat us!?"

Wynn felt great. That energy bath was exactly what she needed. Now she could actually use her Shadow Magic!