Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Yes, you can come. Touch me.”

”And you?” Sykel turned to TAAron. “You’re coming?”

"Yes, I-"

Behind the group, a rift began glowing in the air, like a messy tear made in paper. Out stepped a man, unfamiliar in appearance but familiar in disposition. "Hello, friends. I'm here for TAAron."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yes, I-"

Behind the group, a rift began glowing in the air, like a messy tear made in paper. Out stepped a man, unfamiliar in appearance but familiar in disposition. "Hello, friends. I'm here for TAAron."

“No,” Haly replied, stepping away from Sykel, who swore under her breath and put the glass ball away. “You leave him alone.”

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Here Shark! Come ride with me!"

“Yes! I will ride on your shoulder! You are nice. I like you. Even if you do not have marshmallows like Haly. You are a respectinger of my ferociousness and you are very strong. I will ride on your shoulder!” Shark hopped happily. “Oh no! There is the stupid tasty badguy! I will is the eated him because I am very ferocious!”

Spoiler

Sorry, I really have to go now.

Edited by That1Cellist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No,” Haly replied, stepping away from Sykel, who swore under her breath and put the glass ball away. “You leave him alone.”

He laughed cruelly. "I don't think so..."

TAAron, watch out!

Malum lunged and grabbed the scholar, pulling him from the group with a knife to his neck. "You know, it took me a while to figure this out. How to get that little piece. It's harder than I thought."

TAAron, watch out!

Malum lunged and grabbed the scholar, pulling him from the group with a knife to his neck. "You know, it took me a while to figure this out. How to get that little piece. It's harder than I thought."

Wynn grinned wolfishly, her shadow writing behind her.

Spekkio butted in, grabbing Malum.

"What is the meaning of this? This is my territory, you failure of a god! I will not tolerate you trespassing in my home!"

Spekkio shook Malum for good measure.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron, watch out!

Haly felt something again… but this time jt was different. It understood this time. Instead of stoking her emotions, it prowled, a quiet offer. 

“You let him go,” she told him calmly and certainly. “Or I will just have to help you.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn grinned wolfishly, her shadow writing behind her.

Spekkio butted in, grabbing Malum.

"What is the meaning of this? This is my territory, you failure of a god! I will not tolerate you trespassing in my home!"

Spekkio shook Malum for good measure.

Malum, unfazed, stabbed Spekkio and kicked him away with unnatural force.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly felt something again… but this time jt was different. It understood this time. Instead of stoking her emotions, it prowled, a quiet offer. 

“You let him go,” she told him calmly and certainly. “Or I will just have to help you.”

"Help me?" He swapped out his dagger for a piece of white crystal, Stacis. Then he cut into TAAron's chest.

"Help me?" He swapped out his dagger for a piece of white crystal, Stacis. Then he cut into TAAron's chest.

She summoned flames again. But this time it was willing to work with her. She sent them at Malum, to lick up his clothes, but avoid TAAron. They will not hurt him. Malum. Only Malum.

Spekkio got up, but didn't reapproach. 

"Forgive me. I am not permitted to fight another god, even one as pitiful as Malum."

Wynn scowled. She couldn't hit Malum without hitting TAAron too.

"Lerac, we need a healer!"

She summoned flames again. But this time it was willing to work with her. She sent them at Malum, to lick up his clothes, but avoid TAAron. They will not hurt him. Malum. Only Malum.

That doesn't hurt him, Haly! Use me!

Malum did not react as the fire consumed him. In fact, it didn't seem to burn him at all. "Silly halcyon. This time I made my own, proper body." He withdrew the crystal from TAAron's chest, which now glowed a powerfully bright red.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Spekkio got up, but didn't reapproach. 

"Forgive me. I am not permitted to fight another god, even one as pitiful as Malum."

Wynn scowled. She couldn't hit Malum without hitting TAAron too.

"Lerac, we need a healer!"

"I can't do anything right now!"

Malum, putting away the crystal he had used to cut TAAron, drew out a second. This one glowed with an evil purple light.

That doesn't hurt him, Haly! Use me!

Malum did not react as the fire consumed him. In fact, it didn't seem to burn him at all. "Silly halcyon. This time I made my own, proper body." He withdrew the crystal from TAAron's chest, which now glowed a powerfully bright red.

"I can't do anything right now!"

Malum, putting away the crystal he had used to cut TAAron, drew out a second. This one glowed with an evil purple light.

Meet me over there.

She became wind chimes and flew over, then circled, grabbed Tors, and attempted to kill Malum with her. But it probably didn’t work.

"Nope no no no!"

Wynn ran and tackled TAAron away from Malum.

Malum casually walked over to Wynn and kicked her in the stomach with enormous force. He then plunged the second crystal into TAAron's heart.

Meet me over there.

She became wind chimes and flew over, then circled, grabbed Tors, and attempted to kill Malum with her. But it probably didn’t work.

As the trident hit him, Malum let out a deafening cry. His physical form seemed to tear away, revealing a different one underneath. A strangely beautiful man looked up at her. He wore white robes, and his hair glowed with the same purple color that the crystal had. Pure hatred was in his eyes. For once, Malum truly looked like a god.

The form disintegrated into black energy and retreated, leaving TAAron bleeding on the floor.

Malum casually walked over to Wynn and kicked her in the stomach with enormous force. He then plunged the second crystal into TAAron's heart.

As the trident hit him, Malum let out a deafening cry. His physical form seemed to tear away, revealing a different one underneath. A strangely beautiful man looked up at her. He wore white robes, and his hair glowed with the same purple color that the crystal had. Pure hatred was in his eyes. For once, Malum truly looked like a god.

The form disintegrated into black energy and retreated, leaving TAAron bleeding on the floor.

Wynn gasped in pain, but her newly abundant power protected her.

"Lerac. Heal TAAron!"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Haly dismissed the fire and stepped backward, not sure what had just happened. “Where did he go?”

The power she’d pulled from built up, pressuring her. It felt betrayed to have so short a time. It battered at her insistently. 

“TAAron,” she remembered. “Lerac, we need you.” She tried to push down the pressure, but it wouldn’t leave.

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

Wynn gasped in pain, but her newly abundant power protected her.

"Lerac. Heal TAAron!"

"Yes." Lerac rushed to him and placed a hand on his torn-up chest. "This is pretty bad. If I can't heal him all the way, he's got maybe a minute left."

Haly dismissed the fire and stepped backward, not sure what had just happened. “Where did he go?”

The power she’d pulled from built up, pressuring her. It felt betrayed to have so short a time. It battered at her insistently. 

It revealed his true form... and them he retreated. The coward.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yes." Lerac rushed to him and placed a hand on his torn-up chest. "This is pretty bad. If I can't heal him all the way, he's got maybe a minute left."

It revealed his true form... and them he retreated. The coward.

“Lerac, here.” She hurried over and out a hand on his shoulder.

The pressure released, flowing into Lerac instead. Haly gasped in relief, then stumbled back. 

If this is not good for plot reasons, I can change it. But I feel like this would work.

So we’re safe for now? Maybe?

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

The pressure released, flowing into Lerac instead. Haly gasped in relief, then stumbled back. 

What does it actually do?

Wynn bit her lip. "Maybe I can help."

Despite the situation, if felt good not needing to ration her use of Shadow Magic.

"Shadows, bind." A dark mist appeared and entered TAAron's wound.

"There. With all three of our powers combined, this has to work."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

There’s a very large well of power and all that and it will do anything to get free. It senses weakness in the place Haly draws from. It could probably convert itself to energy Lerac could use.

I think this is goodbye… 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

So we’re safe for now? Maybe?

Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn bit her lip. "Maybe I can help."

Despite the situation, if felt good not needing to ration her use of Shadow Magic.

"Shadows, bind." A dark mist appeared and entered TAAron's wound.

"There. With all three of our powers combined, this has to work."

Lerac gasped. "Woah." Immediately, the wound began to heal, the large gashes knitting back together. After only about a minute, it was gone without a trace. Lerac sat back, looking exhausted. "There is still that crystal that the god put in. I didn't want to remove it since it was embedded in his heart..."

Lerac gasped. "Woah." Immediately, the wound began to heal, the large gashes knitting back together. After only about a minute, it was gone without a trace. Lerac sat back, looking exhausted. "There is still that crystal that the god put in. I didn't want to remove it since it was embedded in his heart..."

"That's clearly not a good thing." Wynn looked disappointed. "I would offer to try and get it out, but there's a high chance I would accidentally kill him. Tors, any idea what that crystal does?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"That's clearly not a good thing." Wynn looked disappointed. "I would offer to try and get it out, but there's a high chance I would accidentally kill him. Tors, any idea what that crystal does?"

Honestly, I can't be sure. It had Malum's purple color in it, though, which worries me.

Also noooo Haly...

Edited by Ookla the Inverted