Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“What?” Haly blinked away her distraction, then realized what was happening. “Hang on. You’re not friends? What happened? TAAron, is this Malum? This is Malum, right?”

"Malum's messing with his head. Get him to burn gold." Wynn mumbled.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“What?” Haly blinked away her distraction, then realized what was happening. “Hang on. You’re not friends? What happened? TAAron, is this Malum? This is Malum, right?”

TAAron looked at her hatefully. "And you... You manipulated me. You convinced me that you... That I..."

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Malum's messing with his head. Get him to burn gold." Wynn mumbled.

Haly blinked. “Why me? Anyone else could do it just as well.” 

That made her sad. But it felt true, so whatever.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked at her hatefully. "And you... You manipulated me. You convinced me that you... That I..."

”No! I don’t know what you thought, but I didn’t! I—“ she stopped. “Forget it. It doesn’t matter. I don’t deserve you anyway.” She turned away and blinked tears out of her eyes. The power surged up and circled, eagerly wondering it it was time. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No, we can’t— we’ve tried. You need to get him to calm down before he actually kills someone.”

I gotta go for the night. I probably won’t be able to be on the shard tomorrow. Bye.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

”No! I don’t know what you thought, but I didn’t! I—“ she stopped. “Forget it. It doesn’t matter. I don’t deserve you anyway.” She turned away and blinked tears out of her eyes. The power surged up and circled, eagerly wondering it it was time. 

"Don't deserve me? That doesn't make sense. I'm useless. I..." His voice softened. "Don't cry."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

“No, we can’t— we’ve tried. You need to get him to calm down before he actually kills someone.”

“I can’t. I can’t, Wynn. I’m sorry. I should just go.” 

Sykel pulled the Permissive out of her pocket.

"Don't deserve me? That doesn't make sense. I'm useless. I..." His voice softened. "Don't cry."

“You’ve never been useless,” she replied, trying to stop her sobs. “I could never understand why you said that. You sparred with me, and came to the Belowplace, and fought Karden, and gave me Lerasium. You can do so much if you want to. But… I shouldn’t stay. Basilica needs me, and I’m afraid if I stay…” I might hurt you. 

“You’ve never been useless,” she replied, trying to stop her sobs. “I could never understand why you said that. You sparred with me, and came to the Belowplace, and fought Karden, and gave me Lerasium. You can do so much if you want to. But… I shouldn’t stay. Basilica needs me, and I’m afraid if I stay…” I might hurt you. 

"What is wrong with me? I'm hurting people... I'm a bad person. I shouldn't come with you, I might hurt you."

"What is wrong with me? I'm hurting people... I'm a bad person. I shouldn't come with you, I might hurt you."

She shook her head hard. “Please come. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Just stay away. I don’t want it to hurt you.” She placed a hand on her chest, where the power roiled. She named it Rylla. “I’m sorry, I mean… don’t come. Unless you really want to.”

She shook her head hard. “Please come. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Just stay away. I don’t want it to hurt you.” She placed a hand on her chest, where the power roiled. She named it Rylla. “I’m sorry, I mean… don’t come. Unless you really want to.”

"You? Hurt me? Haly, I hate you. I don't know why, and I don't want to, but... I'm the dangerous one. I'm a bad person."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Stupid power of love. I let him beat me up and it did nothing, but all Haly has to do is cry?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You? Hurt me? Haly, I hate you. I don't know why, and I don't want to, but... I'm the dangerous one. I'm a bad person."

More tears welled up in her eyes. “You’re not a bad person,TAAron. You’re just confused. It’s Malum. He has so much control, and you have so few cards… I want to protect you, but I don’t know if I can do that without making everything worse.” She laughed through her tears. “This is familiar. We have… had these arguments all the time.” Then, softer, “I wish you could remember.”

More tears welled up in her eyes. “You’re not a bad person,TAAron. You’re just confused. It’s Malum. He has so much control, and you have so few cards… I want to protect you, but I don’t know if I can do that without making everything worse.” She laughed through her tears. “This is familiar. We have… had these arguments all the time.” Then, softer, “I wish you could remember.”

"Well... Let's go, then. Maybe I can stop hating you if I'm around you more. But if I don't... Maybe you would just leave me."

"Well... Let's go, then. Maybe I can stop hating you if I'm around you more. But if I don't... Maybe you would just leave me."

“Never,” she insisted fervently. “Not unless you really want me to.” She walked over to Sykel, who looked rather relieved.

“If you’re coming, hurry,” Sykel told TAAron. “I’m not waiting forever.”

“Never,” she insisted fervently. “Not unless you really want me to.” She walked over to Sykel, who looked rather relieved.

“If you’re coming, hurry,” Sykel told TAAron. “I’m not waiting forever.”

"Fine." He looked at her spitefully.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Fine." He looked at her spitefully.

She waited for Wynn, Lerac, Shark, and TAAron to grab onto her, then closed her eyes and mentally spoke words. Cjehu. Permission to follow you.

Um… you don’t want that right now. I’m stuck to a wall in an alternate universe dungeon and the water is rising. Find Evalyn?

Yep. Good luck with the water. 

Thanks.

Sykel sighed. “I’m going to have to call someone else. It needs a cool down.”

I didn’t plan for it to need that. I have other stuff ready. But… bedtime. I thought it wasn’t the best time to drop everyone in an environment I control, since I have to go now. But next time!

On 12/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She waited for Wynn, Lerac, Shark, and TAAron to grab onto her, then closed her eyes and mentally spoke words. Cjehu. Permission to follow you.

Um… you don’t want that right now. I’m stuck to a wall in an alternate universe dungeon and the water is rising. Find Evalyn?

Yep. Good luck with the water. 

Thanks.

Sykel sighed. “I’m going to have to call someone else. It needs a cool down.”

"Great. We can sit around here." TAAron regarded the group coldly.

He felt cold, too.

"Wynn, was I really a good person?"

@Ranryu

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

"Funny. Because not only do I hate everyone here, but I hate myself too."

"Don't feel bad. Hating you is quite popular recently. I'm sure Malum's getting a kick out of this. How prepared are you to have open-heart surgery from an untrained group of young adults?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Don't feel bad. Hating you is quite popular recently. I'm sure Malum's getting a kick out of this. How prepared are you to have open-heart surgery from an untrained group of young adults?"

"Hating me is popular? And, what?" He looked at her, suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Hating me is popular? And, what?" He looked at her, suspicious.

"Yeah, I'm don't really have any positive feelings towards you right now, but you're still my friend, so I have to help you. Thus heart surgery. We need to cut that crystal out of you before it kills you or something. Don't worry, even if we mess up we can heal you before you die."

We've been in this dimension too long. We need to get a move on before they find me... And Haly's world probably needs her. But first we fix TAAron.

"Yeah, I'm don't really have any positive feelings towards you right now, but you're still my friend, so I have to help you. Thus heart surgery. We need to cut that crystal out of you before it kills you or something. Don't worry, even if we mess up we can heal you before you die."

We've been in this dimension too long. We need to get a move on before they find me... And Haly's world probably needs her. But first we fix TAAron.

"So you hate me too? Seems right. Well, to be honest, I don't trust you to cut open my chest."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"So you hate me too? Seems right. Well, to be honest, I don't trust you to cut open my chest."

"Hate is a strong word... I'm just annoyed. Dude, I LITERALLY let you beat me up. Like, I could've just stopped you, but I didn't. And it didn't even convince you that I'm your friend. If you hate yourself, then why not let us knock you out and cut you open? I guarantee that Haly would not let anything happen to you, and it comes with the benefit of not being under the influence of an evil god anymore!"

"Hate is a strong word... I'm just annoyed. Dude, I LITERALLY let you beat me up. Like, I could've just stopped you, but I didn't. And it didn't even convince you that I'm your friend. If you hate yourself, then why not let us knock you out and cut you open? I guarantee that Haly would not let anything happen to you, and it comes with the benefit of not being under the influence of an evil god anymore!"

"You deserved... No, no." He put his face in his hands. "Maybe you should just kill me before I hurt someone again."

"You deserved... No, no." He put his face in his hands. "Maybe you should just kill me before I hurt someone again."

"This'll be better than killing you, because it'll help Haly be happy and stuff!" Power of love, don't fail me now!

Wynn signaled for Lerac to grab TAAron.